Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 194 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone jobless for a long time before?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1931 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s://.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/feds-seeking-to-extradite-former-indian-professor-anoop-shankar-accused/article_f9833f5e-a712-11e8-b001-df351b96fcdf.html

Feds Seeking to Extradite Former Indian Professor Anoop Shankar, Accused of Faking Credentials. Shankar was at NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine from 2005 to 2008, where he was part of the department of community, occupational and family medicine.

It raises the questions of how many bogus silver-tongued FTs there are in Singapore occupying jobs that us Singaporeans could fill? Who is at fault here??
Words from my HR friend

Our schools raised us to have a certain attitude and mindset, but taokay actually don't like this attitude and mindset, so they actually prefer to hire non Singaporean to 'celebrate diversity' plus non locals tend to be cheaper. The reason why there's a quota, is because if there isn't, no Singaporeans will be hired. Yes there's many reasons, but even large rich companies, tech companies, international schools, prioritize Asian, non Singaporeans, why? Attitude n mindset.

Preference to hire, and fake credentials are different matters. Many Singaporeans also suspected to have fake credentials but below certain salary and position, not worth the resources to investigate them. Imagine a degree holder not able to type a professional sounding, proof read email to clients. Investigation has two consequences. 1. HR never do the job 2. The job don't require expertise. Both do not reflect positively on the organisation.

My humble opinion
I am Singaporean, I feel that our jobs are not stolen, we let opportunities slip by. I don't resent the foreigners because it's an issue worldwide, hating don't solve anything. I ponder why we are less preferred, and collectively graded low. it's possible our well paid ministers puppets of LHL made big mistakes in policy shaping our attitude and mindset, and for pride, refuse to make changes. 99 percent SME, and LHL rushing to every large company opening ceremony sends a strong message that our people are not attractive as employees. But on the flipside, at least our gov is willing to take action, right or wrong is another topic.

Reply With Quote
  #1932 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you all keep yourselves upbeat and motivated after being jobless for many months?
I feel directionless and I have a family to feed.
Keep sending resumes and don't ask too much from the employer.

Reply With Quote
  #1933 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Words from my HR friend

Our schools raised us to have a certain attitude and mindset, but taokay actually don't like this attitude and mindset, so they actually prefer to hire non Singaporean to 'celebrate diversity' plus non locals tend to be cheaper. The reason why there's a quota, is because if there isn't, no Singaporeans will be hired. Yes there's many reasons, but even large rich companies, tech companies, international schools, prioritize Asian, non Singaporeans, why? Attitude n mindset.

Preference to hire, and fake credentials are different matters. Many Singaporeans also suspected to have fake credentials but below certain salary and position, not worth the resources to investigate them. Imagine a degree holder not able to type a professional sounding, proof read email to clients. Investigation has two consequences. 1. HR never do the job 2. The job don't require expertise. Both do not reflect positively on the organisation.

My humble opinion
I am Singaporean, I feel that our jobs are not stolen, we let opportunities slip by. I don't resent the foreigners because it's an issue worldwide, hating don't solve anything. I ponder why we are less preferred, and collectively graded low. it's possible our well paid ministers puppets of LHL made big mistakes in policy shaping our attitude and mindset, and for pride, refuse to make changes. 99 percent SME, and LHL rushing to every large company opening ceremony sends a strong message that our people are not attractive as employees. But on the flipside, at least our gov is willing to take action, right or wrong is another topic.
And what is your point here ?

Reply With Quote
  #1934 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat25 View Post
btw i got a job offer as a frontline cso. it literally pains to see myself earn 1.7K when my friends earn thrice as that. whoever said degree open doors.. dont believe it. experience is the way to go
What is worse than being jobless ? Don't compare when you are lucky to have a job.
Reply With Quote
  #1935 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The most important distinction that can be made in politics is the friend / enemy distinction. Who is your friend and who is your enemy must be the first principle from which all other stems. Liberalism and the deracinated elite Chinese classes like Pinky have forgotten this simple truth. They think the CECA is a friend, because the elite CECAs he hangs out with are greasy silver tongued opportunists professing friendship. He cannot be more wrong, they are the enemy and their behavior is inimical to towards the Chinese but what makes them dangerous is that they are so good at pretending they aren't, or perhaps more accurately I should say our NUS educated elites are too stupid and naive to realize their blatantly dishonest behavior. The rapelander is a highly evolved socio-economic parasite in his homeland, a so-called nation of a thousand jati-castes practicing highly honed ingroup nepotism developed over the course of thousands of years. It isn't so much that CECA's are inherently evil or even loyal to other CECA's but rather their social traditions place ingroup (caste) loyalty above all other considerations, like for example competence, because their nation consists myriads of competing groups out trying to screw each other and secure status and position for their own. Those who don't play this game well get funneled into the lower castes because higher positions are monopolized by cliques of organized others. The Singaporean Chinese, having lost or given up their clan affiliations are no longer so tribal and thus are unable to coordinate a group response to group aggression by CECA's, so slowly Singapore is being transformed into Rapelande light by CECA's who sneakily privilege their caste kinsmen over the locals slowly over time so we are driven from the higher sectors of the economy and become like lower caste CECAS in rapeland itself. Uber and NS for Sinkie Chinese, Banking and IT industry for CECAS. It's like having a hundred coins being flipped in the air and each head or tails flipped will add another head or tail coin to the game respectively. The CECA is a weighted coin that is 90% chance going to fall on heads so overtime the game becomes almost entirely full of coins landing on heads and thus all CECA.

If the Singapore elite is unable to grasp this simple fact and act to rectify it, then Singapore is finished as a city-state because it is the intellect and labor of the Singaporean Chinese that is responsible for it's past and current prosperity, not the aneh nor the malay. Once capable Chinese are all displaced either to the west or even back to our motherland, the rest will have no one else to parasite off of and all that is left of our little dot on the map is a gradually decaying metropolis populated by groups of mutually parasitic browns fighting each other for scraps as the city gradually crumbles back into SE Asian turd world-dom.
And your point is ?
Reply With Quote
  #1936 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Words from my HR friend

Our schools raised us to have a certain attitude and mindset, but taokay actually don't like this attitude and mindset, so they actually prefer to hire non Singaporean to 'celebrate diversity' plus non locals tend to be cheaper. The reason why there's a quota, is because if there isn't, no Singaporeans will be hired. Yes there's many reasons, but even large rich companies, tech companies, international schools, prioritize Asian, non Singaporeans, why? Attitude n mindset.

Preference to hire, and fake credentials are different matters. Many Singaporeans also suspected to have fake credentials but below certain salary and position, not worth the resources to investigate them. Imagine a degree holder not able to type a professional sounding, proof read email to clients. Investigation has two consequences. 1. HR never do the job 2. The job don't require expertise. Both do not reflect positively on the organisation.

My humble opinion
I am Singaporean, I feel that our jobs are not stolen, we let opportunities slip by. I don't resent the foreigners because it's an issue worldwide, hating don't solve anything. I ponder why we are less preferred, and collectively graded low. it's possible our well paid ministers puppets of LHL made big mistakes in policy shaping our attitude and mindset, and for pride, refuse to make changes. 99 percent SME, and LHL rushing to every large company opening ceremony sends a strong message that our people are not attractive as employees. But on the flipside, at least our gov is willing to take action, right or wrong is another topic.
No point making this thread a politics one. It doesn't help a whee bit.
Reply With Quote

  #1937 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Why so negative..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And what is your point here ?
It does appear that the person was replying to another response, which is a sensible answer though a tad long. Though you replied as though the long posts were nonsensical, I suspect the replies were made with negative intent anyway.

Though I agree that the paragraph pulling in LHL could be left out without any difference in the quality of answer.

Nobody has a model answer why a person is jobless. Every answer is helpful and open to interpretation. I don't agree that a poor salary is better than jobless, Unless somebody goes hungry. It's not the best impression when a fresh university grad indicates 2k salary for 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #1938 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

can capita blacklist if i want to leave the job without notice period because the contract letter address is different from the one i am working now. and this calls for bullsh i t and they have breached the contract. so how can i help myself here without being blacklisted
Reply With Quote
  #1939 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
NotFlirt is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can capita blacklist if i want to leave the job without notice period because the contract letter address is different from the one i am working now. and this calls for bullsh i t and they have breached the contract. so how can i help myself here without being blacklisted
They can blacklist you in their system.but hey, there are thousands of companies like them. Why bother? And if the contract involves in money ,like work at least 3 month or 1 month, even if you don't pay, they also llst.
Reply With Quote
  #1940 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2019, 10:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face Ask HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can capita blacklist if i want to leave the job without notice period because the contract letter address is different from the one i am working now. and this calls for bullsh i t and they have breached the contract. so how can i help myself here without being blacklisted
I hardly understand your paragraph, however it seems to be related to different working location than promised. Blacklist or not, you must ask HR. Every company has their rules and regulation on blacklisting posting here won't help even if someone pretend to have some model answer.

My model answer would be, finish up the contract and say goodbye on good terms.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless Salary.sg Income and Jobs 48 01-07-2020 03:43 PM
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 60 14-06-2012 08:59 PM
How long should i work here? dryden28 Income and Jobs 6 31-08-2010 04:27 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 05:38 PM
Bank executives work long hours Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-05-2008 03:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,789 Replies, 273,170 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,293 Replies, 909,209 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 22,441 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
462 Replies, 88,244 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 3,035 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,113 Replies, 5,589,969 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 251,314 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 76,842 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,192 Replies, 972,176 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 500,641 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,608 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,623 Replies, 2,616,812 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,298 Replies, 1,909,770 Views
Ceca
2 Replies, 261 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
378 Replies, 335,128 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,668 Replies, 1,609,298 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 952 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,086,400 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,642 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 288,095 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 14,352 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 212,151 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 784,441 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,231 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,203 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,887 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,382 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,257 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 570 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,453 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2