Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 178 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1771 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
indeed tough... received an email for asking me to attend an interview for a "well known for the wrong reason big local company".. Did not even bother to call. Just sent the interview email without attaching the application form for me to fill in.

After I highlighted the omission, they then resent the app form to me..

2 weeks after the interview, there was no update.

I tried calling the HR a few times but phone never pick up. Not sure if its purposely or what.

Emailed them for update and no reply as well.

No wonder the company is famous for the wrong reason...

Damn substandard way of doing things from the way I see it..
I think nowadays email to seek interview is quite normal. Out of 5 recent interviews, 3 was from email instead of call. And all are big firms. So advice is to check your email every now and then.

Reply With Quote
  #1772 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think nowadays email to seek interview is quite normal. Out of 5 recent interviews, 3 was from email instead of call. And all are big firms. So advice is to check your email every now and then.

Thats y i say the HRs of today are getting more substandard. Just plain lazy with minimal sense of professionalism.. working overly smart just for that paycheck ..

Reply With Quote
  #1773 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 35
Blueberry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thats y i say the HRs of today are getting more substandard. Just plain lazy with minimal sense of professionalism.. working overly smart just for that paycheck ..
I remember there was a job which I almost didn't go for the interview because I was waiting for calls. Instead, I 'surprisingly' found out the interviewer asked me to go for interview after I casually log into my email account to check for new mails. Subsequently, all correspondence were via email. I'd thought such approach are the most insincere.

Reply With Quote
  #1774 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 35
Blueberry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
indeed tough... received an email for asking me to attend an interview for a "well known for the wrong reason big local company".. Did not even bother to call. Just sent the interview email without attaching the application form for me to fill in.

After I highlighted the omission, they then resent the app form to me..

2 weeks after the interview, there was no update.

I tried calling the HR a few times but phone never pick up. Not sure if its purposely or what.

Emailed them for update and no reply as well.

No wonder the company is famous for the wrong reason...

Damn substandard way of doing things from the way I see it..
Means it is a red light already. Better to shun such company before you regret joining.
Reply With Quote
  #1775 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

27 years old here, have been unemployed for 8 months since last working at a company for 2yrs.
Thought that I know what I wanted with my job but suddenly realized that there is no meaning in my work and left. Now feeling at lost not knowing what to do after several interviews with other companies.

Girlfriend have left me since and I can't even imagine having a relationship with anyone in my current state and let alone getting married in the future. Probably just going to hang on and find job that would interest me.
Reply With Quote
  #1776 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I remember there was a job which I almost didn't go for the interview because I was waiting for calls. Instead, I 'surprisingly' found out the interviewer asked me to go for interview after I casually log into my email account to check for new mails. Subsequently, all correspondence were via email. I'd thought such approach are the most insincere.
Interesting, as a person who just entered the workforce, I personally feel correspondence via email will be better because you are not restricted to giving a response so quickly.

However, a call is still required to inform you the initial details and followed up by an email. Then the thereafter correspondence can be followed up by emails.
Reply With Quote

  #1777 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
coolcat25 is on a distinguished road
Default

Been jobless since April. I hv no exp but just grad with psych lower 2nd. Interested in HR but hv no exp. Heart feels torn apart everytime when I leave interview because I know they are not interested in me. How can i sell myself higher
Reply With Quote
  #1778 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat25 View Post
Been jobless since April. I hv no exp but just grad with psych lower 2nd. Interested in HR but hv no exp. Heart feels torn apart everytime when I leave interview because I know they are not interested in me. How can i sell myself higher
Are you a minority race person? Just out of curiosity....

Anyway just improve your prepared answers and at least apply 2 jobs everyday - it is a matter of numbers and luck sometimes too.
Reply With Quote
  #1779 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

..outta job for 1 year... 43 this year.. tough time securing that suitable job that can last least till i'm 50 ... getting depressed day after day.. haiz
Reply With Quote
  #1780 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you a minority race person? Just out of curiosity....

Anyway just improve your prepared answers and at least apply 2 jobs everyday - it is a matter of numbers and luck sometimes too.
Yes i am a minority race but how does that affect? I am singaporean after all..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless Salary.sg Income and Jobs 19 26-06-2018 12:13 PM
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 60 14-06-2012 08:59 PM
How long should i work here? dryden28 Income and Jobs 6 31-08-2010 04:27 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 04:38 PM
Bank executives work long hours Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-05-2008 03:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,959 Replies, 1,200,079 Views
Freight Forwarding industry --...
0 Replies, 78 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 284,704 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,505 Replies, 1,090,873 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 460,611 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 28,911 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,821 Replies, 622,795 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,224 Replies, 363,375 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,176 Replies, 3,916,059 Views
ExxonMobil...
3 Replies, 838 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,324 Replies, 285,301 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,236 Replies, 998,884 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 226,728 Views
Has anyone heard of KSB Singapore?
0 Replies, 130 Views
Micron fresh grad salary
2 Replies, 1,461 Views
Advice needed (Career change)
5 Replies, 530 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 128,849 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 71,753 Views
Signed contract, but pending...
0 Replies, 278 Views
how to handle one offer and...
2 Replies, 415 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 323,070 Views
Ministry of Transport Queries
2 Replies, 275 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development...
8 Replies, 11,114 Views
Siemens engineering graduate...
2 Replies, 594 Views
Direct Contract vs External...
3 Replies, 317 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,888 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,157 Replies, 825,313 Views
N/O Level Holder ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 12,673 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
736 Replies, 472,600 Views
Starting business as civil service
4 Replies, 676 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2