Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 151 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Europe-ASEAN Business Alliance – Executive Director
://.europe-asean.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/EABA-Executive-Director-Profile-final.pdf

Old 04-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 2 years into my job and recently got terminated because a customer complained about my boss's irresponsibility and work ethic. The situation was this:

I forwarded 2 similar draft documents to the customer for her review and after a few weeks, the draft was approved by all parties involved and so I did my back office duty by updating the customer, etc. Then later, the customer sent email asking questions directed to my boss. As usual, I printed the emails out and put to my boss's attention. The boss sat on it for many months even though customer sent many chasers and later filed a complaint on the conduct of the boss to the Board. The boss investigated and pointed to me that I had sent 2 similar documents to the customer and confused the customer and the boss himself. Later he drafted a letter to explain to the Board and in it he claimed he 'was not aware I had sent similar documents to the customer'. The thing is , all emails were copied to him but he did not read. In the end, the letter was not sent to the Board. It was speculated that because the emails were all copied to him and so there is no ground to say 'he was not aware'. Then the boss also did not reply the customer when she sent emails by emails to the Board and copied to the boss. I was terminated by this boss on Friday and on the following Tuesday, the customer sent another email saying the boss did not reply her.

Later, the boss instruct me to reply her email telling her it was my unintentional admin mistake to have sent her the 2 similar documents. TO MY SHOCK, when I read the chain of emails between the boss and the customer which WAS NOT COPIED to me, I learned that the boss had told her it was all my fault and he has dismissed me and I am serving my notice now. The smart customer replied said the boss has made me his scapegoat by shirking all responsibility.

Don't know what to say about this incident. In all this 2 years in this company, I have made 2, 3 stupid mistakes but no major mistakes. But this incident really made me speechless.

What do you think ?

Disclaimer : Pls don't ask irrelevant questions. I don't see the need to explain what are the documents, whether they are important or not. etc ...

Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

what are the documents?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I think it's good riddance. Since the boss is this irresponsible, then it doesn't matter whether it was because of this incident u got terminated or not...in future there may be other instances where you print the emails out for him and he also sits on them..since you have already point them out to his attention but he still sits on them. If it's not this incident, there could be others where he could also make you the scapegoat and terminate you, move on and I hope you find a better boss. BTW is this a local boss, SME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am 2 years into my job and recently got terminated because a customer complained about my boss's irresponsibility and work ethic. The situation was this:

I forwarded 2 similar draft documents to the customer for her review and after a few weeks, the draft was approved by all parties involved and so I did my back office duty by updating the customer, etc. Then later, the customer sent email asking questions directed to my boss. As usual, I printed the emails out and put to my boss's attention. The boss sat on it for many months even though customer sent many chasers and later filed a complaint on the conduct of the boss to the Board. The boss investigated and pointed to me that I had sent 2 similar documents to the customer and confused the customer and the boss himself. Later he drafted a letter to explain to the Board and in it he claimed he 'was not aware I had sent similar documents to the customer'. The thing is , all emails were copied to him but he did not read. In the end, the letter was not sent to the Board. It was speculated that because the emails were all copied to him and so there is no ground to say 'he was not aware'. Then the boss also did not reply the customer when she sent emails by emails to the Board and copied to the boss. I was terminated by this boss on Friday and on the following Tuesday, the customer sent another email saying the boss did not reply her.

Later, the boss instruct me to reply her email telling her it was my unintentional admin mistake to have sent her the 2 similar documents. TO MY SHOCK, when I read the chain of emails between the boss and the customer which WAS NOT COPIED to me, I learned that the boss had told her it was all my fault and he has dismissed me and I am serving my notice now. The smart customer replied said the boss has made me his scapegoat by shirking all responsibility.

Don't know what to say about this incident. In all this 2 years in this company, I have made 2, 3 stupid mistakes but no major mistakes. But this incident really made me speechless.

What do you think ?

Disclaimer : Pls don't ask irrelevant questions. I don't see the need to explain what are the documents, whether they are important or not. etc ...
Old 08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

What do you think ?

Did you print out all these email correspondences? You might want to bring up your case to MOM for unfair dismissal. Even if you don't have the email trail, you can still lodge a case. The company is supposed to retain all electronic correspondences for a period of time so it's still retrievable if MOM deems that you have a case and sends an officer down to investigate.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 10-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you print out all these email correspondences? You might want to bring up your case to MOM for unfair dismissal. Even if you don't have the email trail, you can still lodge a case. The company is supposed to retain all electronic correspondences for a period of time so it's still retrievable if MOM deems that you have a case and sends an officer down to investigate.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I am the original poster of that comment. As stated, I am currently serving my notice. I have all the email correspondences but then, I do not intend to report MOM as I have also intended to resign all this while just that there are no other openings that is why I chose to stay in this company until I secure another but now I have to leave without a job ! Lucky I have no children or other major commitments yet so this dismissal thing did not affect me very much .

The thing I worry is the last pay check. If this company is going to do unscrupulous deduction (this company has history of unfair deduction of salary eg. 'anyhow' deduct even the salary of interns citing that they did not work on weekends but our office is a typical 5 days work week company, and also 'anyhow' lower the CPF contributions for a new mother), then I have to report to MOM.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think it's good riddance. Since the boss is this irresponsible, then it doesn't matter whether it was because of this incident u got terminated or not...in future there may be other instances where you print the emails out for him and he also sits on them..since you have already point them out to his attention but he still sits on them. If it's not this incident, there could be others where he could also make you the scapegoat and terminate you, move on and I hope you find a better boss. BTW is this a local boss, SME?
You are right. Now even when I am serving notice, I am also scared that what else he is going to make me a scapegoat since I will be leaving the company at the end, justifying his own actions.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 12-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I went for an interview on 2 August 2016. The interview appointment was communicated to me only by email. I was not able to reply the email on time as I do not have the habit of checking my email regularly. The company did not call me too regarding the appointment for the interview. In the email, the interviewer also called me by another candidate's name. Nonetheless, I attended the interview. Then when I was there, they took the wrong resume which was not mine and the interviewer said he could not find my resume. The interviewer spent about 2 to 5 minutes trying to find my resume in his email and even asked me to re-forward my job application to him again. Anyway, at last, they sorted it out and started the interview session. Then the next day, I was informed that I was hired and would send an employment letter to me. The draft employment letter was sent to me by the Secretary and I replied her copying the interviewer in. Until today, I have not heard from them. I called the Secretary and she said she thought the interviewer has replied me and since he has not, she will check with him.

What is happening ?

Something fishy going on ? Why isn't the HR Dept sending the employment letter but it is the Secretary who is sending ? Can't be they don't have HR Dept since they are medium-sized.

Did they really mistake me for someone else ? But I already showed up in person !!

Until now I am not informed to sign the employment letter, so are they having second thoughts ? What do you think ?

What the hell is happening ? I am supposed to start work on 29 August 2016 but with all these silly hiccups, if were you, would you dare go such company work ?
Old 20-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

(1) F&B full-timers and part-timers @ Matchaya (Tanjong Pagar)
email to [email protected]
s://.facebook.com/matchayasg/photos/a.1056548667696308.1073741829.1052951168056058/1305359069481932/?type=3

(2) Bartenders and Service Crew needed!
s://.facebook.com/HopscotchByMFM/posts/1757362127868913

(3) Delivery or Kitchen (Italian bread)
s://mobile.facebook.com/otiveil/photos/a.1069511419747274.1073741830.1050550711643345/1219689801396101/?type=3
Old 20-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Guides for National Design Centre $15/hr
://jobs.culturepush.com/2016/08/17/creative-docents-and-guides-for-national-design-centre/