Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Graduate Engineer (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2263-graduate-engineer.html)

kahchonggoh 08-11-2012 05:25 PM

Graduate Engineer

Hello. I am just graduated in Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems Engineering. Recently just get an interview call from Keppel. They asking about Graduate Engineer post and 2 years bond I think because cannot listen clearly just now. May I know what is Graduation Engineer Programme under Keppel ? and how about its salary ? Thanks.

Unregistered 13-11-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahchonggoh (Post 29970)
Hello. I am just graduated in Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems Engineering. Recently just get an interview call from Keppel. They asking about Graduate Engineer post and 2 years bond I think because cannot listen clearly just now. May I know what is Graduation Engineer Programme under Keppel ? and how about its salary ? Thanks.

why don't you ask the interviewer during the interview? Also I think you need to brush up your english. you are a malaysian, right.

icy water 13-11-2012 08:37 PM

That is a 2-year program for all entry level engineers with bachelor degree.
You will be rotated across different departments to be exposed to all the different operations including planning. Starting salary should be around 3.2k since I am not sure where you got your degree from and how recognised is it by Keppel.

Do note that you will have to pay 10k or 5k depending on when you break the bond. So, do consider if you really want to take up the offer.

By the way, where did you applied for? There are quite a number of subsidiaries like Fels, shipyard, energy and saghers with varying work hours and bonuses.

Unregistered 14-11-2012 08:58 AM

please get your mechanics of English right

For goodness sake, can you please get your mechanics of English right. It really turns people off. I can't help but amend, oops, sorry...revamp your writing in bold fonts.

Hello. I HAVE just graduated WITH A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems Engineering. Recently I HAD A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW from Keppel. They WERE TALKING about THE Graduate ENGINEERING POSITION. I THINK IT ENTAILS A 2 years' bond BUT I DID NOT HEAR clearly just now. May I know MORE ABOUT KEPPEL'S GRADUATE ENGINEERING POSITION AS WELL AS ITS salary ? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahchonggoh (Post 29970)

Unregistered 14-11-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30287)
For goodness sake, can you please get your mechanics of English right. It really turns people off. I can't help but amend, oops, sorry...revamp your writing in bold fonts.

Hello. I HAVE just graduated WITH A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems Engineering. Recently I HAD A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW from Keppel. They WERE TALKING about THE Graduate ENGINEERING POSITION. I THINK IT ENTAILS A 2 years' bond BUT I DID NOT HEAR clearly just now. May I know MORE ABOUT KEPPEL'S GRADUATE ENGINEERING POSITION AS WELL AS ITS salary ? Thanks.

pot calling kettle black. please be gracious, not everyone's English is good. Btw, your english is also not so great! "Recent I had a tel interview WITH keppel (not from)". "I think it entails SERVING a 2 year bond".

Unregistered 14-11-2012 05:13 PM

haha, good one. Feels so much better reading the 'modified' version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30287)

Unregistered 14-11-2012 09:21 PM

That wasn't my English, dumbass. But everyone got my point, including you. That is what matters. Not gonna spend time arguing with you. Signing off....byebye.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30290)
pot calling kettle black. please be gracious, not everyone's English is good. Btw, your english is also not so great! "Recent I had a tel interview WITH keppel (not from)". "I think it entails SERVING a 2 year bond".

Unregistered 14-11-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30343)
That wasn't my English, dumbass. But everyone got my point, including you. That is what matters. Not gonna spend time arguing with you. Signing off....byebye.

the point was, your English isn't that good. So don't go around correcting others. And who is this "everyone" you are talking about? Everyone got my point. Not yours. Dumbass.

Unregistered 15-11-2012 11:22 AM

grammar nazis!

daussadd 08-02-2013 09:01 PM

I just a called from Keppel Shipyard too for an interview. I applied through ntu career fair .. Anyone from Keppel Shipyard to share their thoughts ?