Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 20-02-2018 08:32 PM

Interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104873)
I couldn't even type properly...that much of anger!

Some get the offer but rejects citing stupid reasons. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE THEN DNT APPLY AND SPOIL GENUINE APPLICANTS CHANCES!! FOR MANY ITS DREAM AND FOR SOME ITS JUST ANOTHER JOB....

Precisely.i emailed the hr n they told me they r still processing..I have applied twice yet didn't receive any calls even for the first round of interview!
Seriously don't know what they want

Unregistered 20-02-2018 08:34 PM

sigh:( I wonder if they will still call tomorrow...

Unregistered 20-02-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104873)
I couldn't even type properly...that much of anger!

Some get the offer but rejects citing stupid reasons. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE THEN DNT APPLY AND SPOIL GENUINE APPLICANTS CHANCES!! FOR MANY ITS DREAM AND FOR SOME ITS JUST ANOTHER JOB....

Its okay to feel disappointed, but you being shortlisted does not even mean you may get through to the next round.

Plus, the psychometric tests are there to filter people based on their skills.

Its great that you have the passion, but don't give up and try again next year?

Unregistered 20-02-2018 09:16 PM

For those that were shortlisted, what are your educational background and work experience?

Unregistered 21-02-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104883)
For those that were shortlisted, what are your educational background and work experience?

Well for me I graduated with a double major in economics and criminology. Spent 2 years conducting psychological research on what drives people to crime after I finished my honours.

Unregistered 21-02-2018 02:34 AM

CPIO interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104880)
Precisely.i emailed the hr n they told me they r still processing..I have applied twice yet didn't receive any calls even for the first round of interview!
Seriously don't know what they want

They want ppl who can walk through walls and break an iron rod by just looking at it!

I have personally 4 persons last year ago, One lady and three fresh grads. They asked me why I like this job and I told them my passion..dream bla bla the stuff which the organisation see as crap.

I asked the four why they applied. Lady said, she needed 8 to 5 job to take care of her kids. The 3 guys said the exact following “ just try lor, don’t like change lor”

And Guess what these were the finalists for the CPIO interview. I almost wanted to cry listening to their reasons.

Why.... why...

Unregistered 21-02-2018 06:11 PM

just to share, there are only 2 sessions yesterday and today (40+ per session), heard they are only recruiting about 10 per year. the tests are pretty intensive.

Unregistered 21-02-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104911)
just to share, there are only 2 sessions yesterday and today (40+ per session), heard they are only recruiting about 10 per year. the tests are pretty intensive.

Stop spreading such "hopeful news" here. I attended the interview last year and it was just one round where around 8-10 candidates would be doing tests in an assessment centre format. We discussed about world issues and tried to outclass each other. I was offered the role but rejected because they didn't match my pay. I knew there were only 3 of us who got offered. They only took in 3 last year. This is the reality.

Unregistered 21-02-2018 10:39 PM

friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104915)
Stop spreading such "hopeful news" here. I attended the interview last year and it was just one round where around 8-10 candidates would be doing tests in an assessment centre format. We discussed about world issues and tried to outclass each other. I was offered the role but rejected because they didn't match my pay. I knew there were only 3 of us who got offered. They only took in 3 last year. This is the reality.

my friend who is the hr admin in there now says that they had already done panel interview for the final few candidates this week.. haiz I think just hope that those offered will reject as we got chance..

Unregistered 21-02-2018 11:31 PM

lol what are you guys talking about? i am one of those who went for the engagement session today, the assessment format has changed already. the io ambassador shared that there are only 2 sessions this cycle (this calendar year), yesterday and today.