Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 07-03-2013 01:28 PM

Okay, getting quite demoralized because my application was in jan and people who applied in feb alrdy got called up :/

Unregistered 07-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33979)
Okay, getting quite demoralized because my application was in jan and people who applied in feb alrdy got called up :/

Lol...means the same for me. I applied in Oct. Means that's it for me as well. Time to move on then.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:40 PM

Nope... The number they used to call starts with 6490....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33977)
to ppl who have received the call for interview with CPIB, is their number 6579****. got a missed call from this number a few days ago

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33984)
Lol...means the same for me. I applied in Oct. Means that's it for me as well. Time to move on then.

i too, should give up and move on.

sigh...if only job hunting was much easier and less depressing.

Unregistered 08-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33984)

Me too. I had applied in Oct but no news at all. Guess I am not shortlisted. Haiz. To all those who are going for their interviews, jia you and may you get selected. =)

haiz1234 11-03-2013 12:12 PM

Can't decide whether to join CPIB or police SPO? Which is gives better work life balance? Prospect and salary base?

Unregistered 11-03-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 34105)
Can't decide whether to join CPIB or police SPO? Which is gives better work life balance? Prospect and salary base?

r u a local fresh grad?

Unregistered 11-03-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 34105)

Were you shortlisted for both the CPIB & SPO interview? May be it is a little too early to fret over the decision. Think it would be better to go for the interviews and ask the interviewers more details about the job scope. It would be good if both sides make you an offer.

Unregistered 14-03-2013 04:11 PM

Has anyone went for the interview?
What was the process like?

bryanteh 18-03-2013 02:16 PM

Hi guys would like to check does anyone knows how is the working hours like for cpib? I've wanted to sign for cpib since my ns time but was hesitant due to the rumored long working hours and no work life balance. Can anyone verify this?

Unregistered 18-03-2013 04:25 PM

Me too

I was being offered two years ago...
And due to the concern of the workings hours and long term transferable skills, I rejected the offer... Right now I am suffering from the boring job I am in now also long working hours...

Now I look back should I be regretful?

jobhunter1234 18-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34461)
And due to the concern of the workings hours and long term transferable skills, I rejected the offer... Right now I am suffering from the boring job I am in now also long working hours...

Yea. I think that all jobs get boring sometimes. Could you share what sort of job are you into right now? Industry ..line of work etc. Also, the starting salary that cpib offered you 2 years ago. TIA

bryanteh 18-03-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34461)

Ya seems like this is a concern for everyone but no one seems to be able to give insights on how true it is. To be frank, investigation skills can be quite useful, especially within banking now. You also working long hours? Care to share your current job details?

Unregistered 19-03-2013 04:29 PM

I went for interview. Frankly, I say don't bother trying unless u can work for v long hours. Also, they openly discriminate against women - saying married women in childbearing years are a disruption to their work, that's why don't have many women officers.

So much for govt telling pple to be productive. Starting pay is also $4.1 max - even if u have relevant experience in other agencies doing similar work.

jobhunter1234 19-03-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34529)
I went for interview. Frankly, I say don't bother trying unless u can work for v long hours. Also, they openly discriminate against women - saying married women in childbearing years are a disruption to their work, that's why don't have many women officers.

So much for govt telling pple to be productive. Starting pay is also $4.1 max - even if u have relevant experience in other agencies doing similar work.

Hmm. I think 4.1 max will be very attractive to fresh grads but not so for those already working outside with relevant experience. If you are earning more than 4.1k outside, no one would wanna pay cut to transit from private to public, in addition to it, it is not a slack job like you have described above.

IMO. Might not be a good place to stay long till retirement. Many other ministries or stat boards could offer better work life balance with relatively similar salary.

Unregistered 19-03-2013 07:21 PM

Hi I went for interview before

Quote:

Are you a female?
I don't think they Re discriminating against woman as it is a cold hard truth before a lady step into the job... Since u went for interview how come so fast u will know 4.1k max? U being offered or just doing rough guess? Or see website?

So comparing to SPF Investigstion officer SPO is it more meaningful ? More transferable skills? Step into compliance job in future which one more chance?

Unregistered 19-03-2013 08:47 PM

Cold hard truth that this is a male dominated environment who think discriminating women is okay. That's despite the fact that I already have post grad qualifications and years of related experience.

Anyway men also got to go for weeks of reservist every year right? Fair for women to call this disruption or not?

With regards to the max pay, this is what they told me. U may or may not get that, depending on experience and qualifications. If you are not new grad, don't waste ur time.

Meanwhile if ur heading for a compliance job, don't bother gg CPiB. Juz head directly into a bank and learn the ropes from there. Otherwise try CAD.

Unregistered 19-03-2013 09:06 PM

Have they stopped calling up people already? Is it time to move on?

Unregistered 19-03-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

well thanks for sharing. sad to hear that.

what are their other expectations? do you have investigation exp before?

ThanksMan 20-03-2013 01:25 AM

Thanks anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34548)
Cold hard truth that this is a male dominated environment who think discriminating women is okay. That's despite the fact that I already have post grad qualifications and years of related experience.

Anyway men also got to go for weeks of reservist every year right? Fair for women to call this disruption or not?

With regards to the max pay, this is what they told me. U may or may not get that, depending on experience and qualifications. If you are not new grad, don't waste ur time.

Meanwhile if ur heading for a compliance job, don't bother gg CPiB. Juz head directly into a bank and learn the ropes from there. Otherwise try CAD.

Hmm, I presume u are a lady who just went for the interview? In the first place, Cpib accepted and short listed you for a reason already? Upon interview, they wanted to remind you or to discourage you the cons being an IO.. I went for interview 2 years back, the cold hard truth was presented in another way as in long hours, work late at night and on stand by too.. With communication device for case reporting... Is a norm..

To be honest, every coy bothers a lot about maternity... But for reservist and annual leave consider they are entitlement and not say many weeks so can't compare..

Thanks for sharing anyway :) care to share if I have an opportunity now with SPF as SPO and CPiB IO, do u think if I leave either of the force I have chance to secure a compliance job in corporate security or banks? I have tried CAD and I can't get in due to academic irrelevance.. I am actually short listed for Cpib and SPO ...

I heard from career fair Cpib officer left the job for a higher pay with telco/bank fraud...same I heard from forum ex police join bank as compliance too... Which has higher chance or equally?

Just wondering if to jump ship, Cpib or SPF more transferable?

Unregistered 20-03-2013 01:39 AM

is the interview tough? do they compensate for the extra hours in any way?

Unregistered 21-03-2013 08:04 AM

Hi peeps! Anyone of u here received calls for interview this week? And can i also know how long does it take for application status to be unsuccessful from the date of the application deadline?

Kudos to those that applied recently and managed to get the interview. I've applied since nov and mine is still in the process. Kinda need a closure as the wait is agonising!

Unregistered 21-03-2013 11:35 AM

I had applied in Oct but no calls for interview even though the application status is in process. After reading that others have already been called up for interviews, I can only assume that I am not selected and is moving on.

Unregistered 21-03-2013 01:31 PM

I am wondering will they send you an email to inform you if your application is not successful?

jobhunter1234 21-03-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34629)
I am wondering will they send you an email to inform you if your application is not successful?

Nope... Dun think so. The application website already stated very clearly... Only shortlisted candidates will be notified or >30 days after application dateline meaning not shortlisted

haiz1234 11-04-2013 10:38 AM

Replies

Anybody received calls yet for interview? My status still in process since 28 feb last day of application

Unregistered 12-04-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 35619)
Anybody received calls yet for interview? My status still in process since 28 feb last day of application

I went for the interview last fri alr.. How long would it take for the results of the interview to be out anyone knows?

ZHUAGEN 12-04-2013 02:13 PM

It'll take a while for clearance. Be patient.

Unregistered 12-04-2013 04:47 PM

Repeat applicant

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHUAGEN (Post 35697)
It'll take a while for clearance. Be patient.

Mine also in process for 2 months Liao...
In process means what? Better than submitted right?
I am a repeat applicant who rejected the offer last time round..
Cannot be clearance so long?? Izzit because I mark up my salary expected they don want me?

Unregistered 15-04-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35666)
I went for the interview last fri alr.. How long would it take for the results of the interview to be out anyone knows?

I asked during e interview. They say around mid may.

Unregistered 15-04-2013 08:06 PM

So in process

So status under in process still got chance?

Unregistered 16-04-2013 06:20 PM

Anyone think it a good idea to call the HR to ask about the status?

Unregistered 16-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35826)
I asked during e interview. They say around mid may.

anyone knows what's their reply method? coz I'll be overseas during may.. hahaha

Unregistered 10-06-2013 11:39 PM

Anyone got called up? Any info on interviews and how long to take for them to reply?

morbidskunk 17-03-2014 05:54 PM

hi guys,

anyone applied recently in 2014 and have received call ups? Applications closed on mar 9 - applied in late feb and current app status reads "in progress" here. but yeah it's been a while, so just wonderingggggggg

Unregistered 18-03-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morbidskunk (Post 49439)
hi guys,

anyone applied recently in 2014 and have received call ups? Applications closed on mar 9 - applied in late feb and current app status reads "in progress" here. but yeah it's been a while, so just wonderingggggggg

i applied for the recent opening as well!

im also in progress, wonder when they will call :/

morbidskunk 18-03-2014 07:20 PM

Yeah man. Hahah okay drop me a post if you receive anything! I'll let you know as well.
Bless us both!!

Unregistered 18-03-2014 08:02 PM

yeah good luck to us! hope they call soon :)

Unregistered 18-03-2014 09:42 PM

Call up

Hi, I applied for the recent openings and got a call for interview in mid April. Not sure what to expect but the long hours and constant standby sound frightful.

Unregistered 18-03-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49492)
Hi, I applied for the recent openings and got a call for interview in mid April. Not sure what to expect but the long hours and constant standby sound frightful.

heys!

when did you apply and when you got the call?

i think if you find the job interesting enough, the long hours shldn'd be a problem. that's what I think but i dont have any working experience yet so I wouldnt be the best person to give advice

congrats on getting shortlisted!