Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

rmfadh 16-09-2015 11:51 AM

I believe that they have their shortlisted candidates and call them up already. So I will assume that I am not shortlisted. Congrats to those who have been called up.

Unregistered 16-09-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmfadh (Post 72682)
Hi guys, I emailed CPIB last 2 days ago. A lady by the name of Josiah replied me back:

"Thank you for your interest in a career as a CPIO. We are currently in the process of contacting our shortlisted applicants. Please note that we will only contact shortlisted applicants."

I applied online on 17th Aug 2015.
Status in career@gov change from Submitted to 'In Progress' on 31st Aug 2015.

It has been 2 weeks since the status changed. But no call up yet.

Hi Rmfadh

Did the lady mention when the contracting of shortlisted applicants will end?

Guest2 16-09-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72688)
Hi Rmfadh

Did the lady mention when the contracting of shortlisted applicants will end?

I guess when your application changes to unsuccessful then we would know

rmfadh 16-09-2015 03:47 PM

Cpio

She did not. Well, we have known a few of us here posted that they have received calls for tea session from 6 Sept. It has been 11 days from that date. That's why I assume that I might not be one of them shortlisted.

The status in career@gov don't really show us much.

Unregistered 16-09-2015 04:36 PM

Hey guys,

According to some of the previous posts from previous application periods, it apparently takes very long to process and may be months due to background. As long as the status doesn't change to unsuccessful which can be a fast outcome, there is a chance. Perhaps, they do call up people according to when submitted,I myself only submitted my application on the 29th of August. At the same time, of course apply for other jobs lol!

Unregistered 16-09-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmfadh (Post 72684)
I believe that they have their shortlisted candidates and call them up already. So I will assume that I am not shortlisted. Congrats to those who have been called up.

Hi rmfadh,

What's the email that you send to them? Is it [email protected]?

I have also applied on 10 Aug and till now status still in progress.

Unregistered 16-09-2015 11:12 PM

For those who are shortlisted for the interview, all the best!

Those who are not and interested, try again next yr. to add, it's not nice to email the HR to enquire any status. If you are selected, they would have called u.

For people who are genuine abt this opportunity, have u guys got any enforcement background? I spent 11 yrs in spf, and went to cpib but went back to service again. My point is, investigation is very deskbound and you need to be prepared for long hrs and doing the 'dirty' job. Just saying, if you are called up or am not shortlisted, it may be that your resume really doesn't show u r passionate and experience in investigation.

Accountancy students get called up all the time because of the nature of some related offences... But many do not make the mark. Think twice before u apply.

Unregistered 17-09-2015 01:38 PM

Cpio

Just received call for tea session! rmit business mgmt normal degree here

Unregistered 17-09-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72745)
Just received call for tea session! rmit business mgmt normal degree here

Congratulations! When is your tea session scheduled?

rmfadh 17-09-2015 03:07 PM

Congrats!But can we know when did you apply for this post?