Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 11-06-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173632)
Makes sense, but definitely feeling skeptical about how everyone is shortlisted as well. I think probably it's supposed to be 'In Process' but rather someone made a mistake and made everyone 'Shortlisted' instead.

unfortunately... yup.. losing hopes tbh

Unregistered 11-06-2021 07:28 PM

Don't lose hope! I received a call at 4pm for an offer after the interview about 1 week ago!!:)

Unregistered 11-06-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173651)
Don't lose hope! I received a call at 4pm for an offer after the interview about 1 week ago!!:)

hihi! Did u have to go psychometric prior to that
Also may I check with you if your status changed to shortlisted? Appreciate it very much if can clarify because we all have this status now and dk if it's just a mass rejection

Unregistered 11-06-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173655)
hihi! Did u have to go psychometric prior to that
Also may I check with you if your status changed to shortlisted? Appreciate it very much if can clarify because we all have this status now and dk if it's just a mass rejection

Hi! It is showing as "Offered" now! Just give them some time , maybe they are in the midst of processing and its WFH now maybe that's why theres some delay

Unregistered 11-06-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173659)
Hi! It is showing as "Offered" now! Just give them some time , maybe they are in the midst of processing and its WFH now maybe that's why theres some delay

oh so from submitted went to offered right away or it went thru shortlisted first?:)

Unregistered 11-06-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173665)
oh so from submitted went to offered right away or it went thru shortlisted first?:)

I didn't have the shortlisted status though...

Unregistered 11-06-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173670)
I didn't have the shortlisted status though...

oh then i think we are prolly rejected alr! thanks :)

Unregistered 11-06-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173673)
oh then i think we are prolly rejected alr! thanks :)

But i might be mistaken lah, cause i didnt check for some time

Unregistered 11-06-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173674)
But i might be mistaken lah, cause i didnt check for some time

Ahh I see! Also may I check w u abt your background? If you don't mind me asking

Unregistered 11-06-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Congrats! Did u apply the recent May batch?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 02:11 AM

Updates

Hi hi. I’ve also check, mine is also under shortlisted! Anyone got any calls/emails yet?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173686)
Congrats! Did u apply the recent May batch?

I applied on 3rd may

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173717)
I applied on 3rd may

Hi, can I check if they called you from a landline? I had quite a lot of unknown callers in May that I did not pick up 😬

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Hi, did you only have to attend one interview? From the previous posts it seems that they had to attend several? Thank you (:

Unregistered 12-06-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173716)
Hi hi. I’ve also check, mine is also under shortlisted! Anyone got any calls/emails yet?

From the looks of it it's a mass shortlist which prolly indicated rejection. So I think we will be getting rejection emails soon :/
I think they have alr called those for interviews. Mine is shortlisted too but highly think it means rejected as what people have been saying.

Unregistered 12-06-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173717)
I applied on 3rd may

Hi! Can I check, did CPIB called you for an interview before the stated window period of 4-6 weeks?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 11:58 AM

Yeap sounds like a mass rejection and the wrong updating of status. Very slim chance some of us will get calls, it's okay bros, chin up, other jobs out there.

VVV 12-06-2021 12:21 PM

Updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173739)
From the looks of it it's a mass shortlist which prolly indicated rejection. So I think we will be getting rejection emails soon :/
I think they have alr called those for interviews. Mine is shortlisted too but highly think it means rejected as what people have been saying.

Any idea how to reach out to them via email or calls?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 12:28 PM

Cpio

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVV (Post 173753)
Any idea how to reach out to them via email or calls?

there's a general hot line for cpib in their website. You can try that

VVV 12-06-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173755)
there's a general hot line for cpib in their website. You can try that

I hope they don’t reject our applications 😓😓

Unregistered 12-06-2021 12:48 PM

Rejection

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVV (Post 173758)
I hope they don’t reject our applications 😓😓

I'm sorry to say but it's prolly rejection. They got our hopes high for nth
.sigh!
🥺

Unregistered 12-06-2021 01:05 PM

Haha why is everyone so certain that 'shortlisted' means rejected? If it is rejected, it would say unsuccessful.

By the way, I am curious about everyone's background. What did you study and currently work as?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173766)
Haha why is everyone so certain that 'shortlisted' means rejected? If it is rejected, it would say unsuccessful.

By the way, I am curious about everyone's background. What did you study and currently work as?

Because.. this is how it works here
Shortlisted means rejected and yes they can just put unsuccessful but I think their system has a bug which they refuse to rectify and we pay the cost of having our hopes high
It's weird that so many of us got suddenly shortlisted with no calls
It's weird right ? And previous batches had the same issue and that entire lot got rejected. So that's the case for us too. It's abt time they work on their status showing .

Unregistered 12-06-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173766)

Because that's how the HR does it lmao. Shortlisted means reject. They still have not changed how the status should reflect and we get our hopes high because of it
It's weird for everyone to suddenly get shortlisted without calls or emails
Previous batches had the same issue and it's basically a system bug which puts shortlisted instead of unsuccessful
So don't get your hopes high.

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173760)
I'm sorry to say but it's prolly rejection. They got our hopes high for nth
.sigh!
🥺

they called me back in the end

Unregistered 12-06-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173899)

from shortlisted?
Is it the same batch as us (may 2021)

Unregistered 13-06-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Sorry they called you yesterday? On a weekend?

Unregistered 13-06-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173938)
Sorry they called you yesterday? On a weekend?

sounds like a troll

Unregistered 13-06-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

are you the same op as the previous post? Or else you're prolly trolling that they got back to you on a wknd. Better luck next time

Unregistered 13-06-2021 02:59 PM

Guys really just don't bother bah. If you guys read earlier posts, so many of them had shortlisted then changed to unsuccessful a few days after. CPIB HR side probably still cocking up till now.

Unregistered 13-06-2021 03:01 PM

Move on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173966)
Guys really just don't bother bah. If you guys read earlier posts, so many of them had shortlisted then changed to unsuccessful a few days after. CPIB HR side probably still cocking up till now.

exactly... Dk why ppl still have fat hopes when almost everyone here is shortlisted.

Please move on because it's prolly rejection. Dk when will they ever rectify this bug

:') 13-06-2021 10:43 PM

Hi I applied for the CPIO position and the status is shortlisted. I also got another offer from a company and they want me to start asap. Should I wait for CPIO to get back to me or just take the other offer ? That's a 12 months contract so I'm not sure if I should wait till I get a call or smthg.

Personally, CPIO would be my first choice, the other company second. But I don't even know if I'll get the job..

TIA

Unregistered 13-06-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :') (Post 174018)
Hi I applied for the CPIO position and the status is shortlisted. I also got another offer from a company and they want me to start asap. Should I wait for CPIO to get back to me or just take the other offer ? That's a 12 months contract so I'm not sure if I should wait till I get a call or smthg.

Personally, CPIO would be my first choice, the other company second. But I don't even know if I'll get the job..

TIA

As ppl have alr been saying, the shortlisted is prolly a bug and it is probably rejection which will come in a wk later based on previous threads. So please dont wait for something you might not even get. It is definitely not worth putting that offer on the line. It is impossible that all the people on this thread so far only have shortlisted statuses with no calls.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174022)
As ppl have alr been saying, the shortlisted is prolly a bug and it is probably rejection which will come in a wk later based on previous threads. So please dont wait for something you might not even get. It is definitely not worth putting that offer on the line. It is impossible that all the people on this thread so far only have shortlisted statuses with no calls.

Yup, the wait for these jobs confirmation are really lengthy even if you get a call. Also, past experiences shared here also state that there's also a possibility of failing at any stage even if do get a call after being shortlisted. Hence, it might be a better choice to grab on to the contract that's being offered to you now while waiting for the calls/interviews.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 01:02 PM

In progress?

Anyone's application currently in progress? What does this mean

Unregistered 14-06-2021 03:20 PM

In my opinion, CPIB has one of the better HR reps as compared to the other agencies. I have applied for so many which has changed the status to "In Progress" and its still the same for more than a year. "Shortlisted" might mean that they are reviewing your application to see if you are suitable for the job. Your application might have caught their eye but they will still need to review your application to see if can fit the role. If you do, they will call you down if not they wont. So just wait and see instead of speculating

Unregistered 14-06-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174102)
In my opinion, CPIB has one of the better HR reps as compared to the other agencies. I have applied for so many which has changed the status to "In Progress" and its still the same for more than a year. "Shortlisted" might mean that they are reviewing your application to see if you are suitable for the job. Your application might have caught their eye but they will still need to review your application to see if can fit the role. If you do, they will call you down if not they wont. So just wait and see instead of speculating

In my opinion, the bug has happened in the last few intakes and hence we can observe a trend, fair enough someone might get called up but the odds are very very low as tho who got called have a diff final status, which is offered. Its not speculation but speaking from past experiences.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 02:52 PM

Updates?

Any updates? Mine is still shortlisted

Unregistered 15-06-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174226)
Any updates? Mine is still shortlisted

They just sent the e contract!

Unregistered 15-06-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174264)
They just sent the e contract!

Oh wow, you got offered already? When was your interview! Congrats btw🙆