Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2013 12:25 AM

friends how does the retention payment work?

Unregistered 04-02-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32210)
Does 'in progress' means got chance at interview? cos some i applied they din even change the status and then got a flat 'unsuccessful' in [email protected]

have you all went for any interviews?

Unregistered 05-02-2013 12:53 PM

Nope. Still the same status "In process". No news yet.

Unregistered 05-02-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33002)
Nope. Still the same status "In process". No news yet.

very long liao hor? Sian ttm

Unregistered 05-02-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33008)
very long liao hor? Sian ttm

they have started recruiting at NUS Business School. I am from NUS Business School and it has been 2 months since I applied. Why no news CPIB?

Unregistered 05-02-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33031)
they have started recruiting at NUS Business School. I am from NUS Business School and it has been 2 months since I applied. Why no news CPIB?

wow thats interesting... could you share anything interesting?

Unregistered 13-02-2013 07:35 PM

I applied for a CPIO position on 24th Jan 2013, do they usually take so long to get back to you?

I'm a fresh grad, just completed my law degree from Australia, think i've any chance guys? :)

Unregistered 13-02-2013 09:41 PM

??????

Law degree join CPIB for what?
All depend on background check first and whether u can pass interview...
What degree u tool and what results?

Unregistered 14-02-2013 06:10 PM

i don't want to work in a law firm - i took law because its a general degree so i could have the option to do other things even if i wanted to. Anyway i got a pass degree from Western Australia.

How long do they take to get back to you?

thanks! :)

Unregistered 15-02-2013 12:44 AM

i applied on oct and still had no replies till now. the only thing is my status change from "submitted" to "in process"

Unregistered 15-02-2013 08:33 AM

I gonna apply

I gonna apply on last day of application

Unregistered 15-02-2013 08:35 AM

In process status

Means they finally reluctantly accept yr application cuz no other suitable candidate

Unregistered 15-02-2013 11:25 PM

wondering how is the environment like? political?

Unregistered 21-02-2013 01:16 AM

heard many rounds of interview and not easy to get in .

Unregistered 25-02-2013 12:11 PM

Can anyone who has been to the interview share how is the process like?

Unregistered 26-02-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33512)
Can anyone who has been to the interview share how is the process like?

you got called up for interview alrd?

Unregistered 27-02-2013 11:24 AM

Nope. No news for me. It is nearing the closing application date liao leh.

guest 01-03-2013 03:47 PM

has anyone got the call-up frm cpib? jus closed ytd

Unregistered 06-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 33696)
has anyone got the call-up frm cpib? jus closed ytd

CPIB had started to call people up for interview

Unregistered 06-03-2013 12:01 PM

Yeah, i got a call to go for an interview. I applied in early Dec but only got the call now - I had quite forgotten all about it.

Anyone here is able to advise what they will likely ask during the interview? Would there also be a writing assessment?

jobhunter1234 06-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33920)
Yeah, i got a call to go for an interview. I applied in early Dec but only got the call now - I had quite forgotten all about it.

Anyone here is able to advise what they will likely ask during the interview? Would there also be a writing assessment?

I dunno. But congrats :)

Unregistered 06-03-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33917)

I have a missed call today from a private number. Not sure if its them. Think they'll call back again?

Unregistered 06-03-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33917)

They started today? Or CPIB started on mon?
I am waiting for the call, but its closing to fri alrd. I hope the call up period will last until next fri, so i still have some hope

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33920)

congrats! i applied early too but still no calls and the status on [email protected] is still "in process". does your status change? and what course do you study? i am wondering if the lack of response is due to my course of study :/

Unregistered 07-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33953)
congrats! i applied early too but still no calls and the status on [email protected] is still "in process". does your status change? and what course do you study? i am wondering if the lack of response is due to my course of study :/

Mine is still "in process" even tho I've gotten the call. Btw, it's not a private no. The HR side said that they would only drop an email to me by the end of this week but the interviews will be starting next week onwards.

As for my studies, I did accountancy. Wat course r u taking?

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33958)
Mine is still "in process" even tho I've gotten the call. Btw, it's not a private no. The HR side said that they would only drop an email to me by the end of this week but the interviews will be starting next week onwards.

I heard there is only one panel interview with the directors. When is ur interview scheduled?

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33959)
I heard there is only one panel interview with the directors. When is ur interview scheduled?

Just one with directors? No writing assessment or psychometric test? Seems quite odd that considering the level of integrity required, there is only one round.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33960)
Just one with directors? No writing assessment or psychometric test? Seems quite odd that considering the level of integrity required, there is only one round.

Yes. I read it in other forums. U can Google. I think the tests doesn't pose a problem, but the interview is to let u know what's in store for u and whether u have the passion to stay bonded for 2 years. Majority went in and couldn't adapt to the long working hrs and the reports u have to churn out. ultimately its the passion that they are looking for.

Considering one day left. I haven't rcv any calls. Doubt I am shortlisted. Congrats btw.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah my gut feeling's right. I'm doing English lit so I guess, naturally, I'm at the bottom of their pile :/

Unregistered 07-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33961)
Yes. I read it in other forums. U can Google. I think the tests doesn't pose a problem, but the interview is to let u know what's in store for u and whether u have the passion to stay bonded for 2 years. Majority went in and couldn't adapt to the long working hrs and the reports u have to churn out. ultimately its the passion that they are looking for.

Considering one day left. I haven't rcv any calls. Doubt I am shortlisted. Congrats btw.

Thanks. But don't give up juz yet. The application was open from Oct 2012 to Feb 2013. That's a long period and possibly, a lot of applications were received. So perhaps u should just hang on and there might be good news after all.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33962)
Yeah my gut feeling's right. I'm doing English lit so I guess, naturally, I'm at the bottom of their pile :/

I don't think English Lit is a prob, since they mentioned good degree in any discipline. Perhaps they have to take some time to reach out to all those shortlisted.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 10:15 AM

I've got a call too... But my interview's scheduled in mid april.... I guess they are interviewing alot of people.

Btw, im studying accountancy too.

Those who have received a call.. When's your interview?

Quote:

Unregistered 07-03-2013 11:08 AM

:( my application just got changed to 'in process' very recently.

i applied in late Jan, so still hoping for a call :( think they'd need someone with a law degree? haha.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33965)
I've got a call too... But my interview's scheduled in mid april.... I guess they are interviewing alot of people.

Btw, im studying accountancy too.

Those who have received a call.. When's your interview?

Your interview is in mid-April? When did u apply for the position in [email protected]? I'm curious to know if they go by chronological order.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33970)
Your interview is in mid-April? When did u apply for the position in [email protected]? I'm curious to know if they go by chronological order.

Maybe they go by surname?

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33969)
:( my application just got changed to 'in process' very recently.

i applied in late Jan, so still hoping for a call :( think they'd need someone with a law degree? haha.

I applied in early Feb and my status also only just changed to 'in process' a few days ago. I'm also still waiting for a call so don't give up quite yet.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:08 PM

I applied in early feb...
my surname is quite behind..

Am scheduled in mid april...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33970)

jobhunter1234 07-03-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33974)
I applied in early feb...
my surname is quite behind..

Am scheduled in mid april...

zzz...so many ppl applied? now till mid april is like.....>1 month some more not guaranteed will secure the job.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 33975)
zzz...so many ppl applied? now till mid april is like.....>1 month some more not guaranteed will secure the job.

Mine is interview next week but i applied in dec. Maybe they look at the timeline of ur application and schedule accordingly.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:50 PM

to ppl who have received the call for interview with CPIB, is their number 6579****. got a missed call from this number a few days ago