Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 05-07-2018 03:04 PM

So, seems like there are a total 4 rounds of level. And tbeu will only officicially offer in mid October and will only resume work in November. After the first group interview, the next one is the psychometric test. Followed by panel interview and psychological test. Think the group interview is a little bit redundant. Less than 5 mins. Lol

Unregistered 05-07-2018 05:17 PM

Yeah, haha i not sure got how many interview haha i just submit my document only

Unregistered 06-07-2018 05:09 PM

Just got a call to go for a psychometric test next week.

Unregistered 09-07-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108622)
Just got a call to go for a psychometric test next week.

When did you go for your interview?

Unregistered 09-07-2018 05:49 PM

Wah then i gg liao, i didnt get any call haha. Btw your is CPIA or cpio?

Unregistered 10-07-2018 05:10 AM

My interview was on 5th july. This is for the CPIA position.

Unregistered 10-07-2018 12:42 PM

Wah, like that gg liao. My also on 5th july. But i didnt get any call up

Unregistered 11-07-2018 09:42 AM

Anyone receive reply yet?

Unregistered 11-07-2018 11:17 AM

Anyone went for the group interview on 5th on July and have already received a calll to go for psychometric test ?

Unregistered 11-07-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108748)
Anyone went for the group interview on 5th on July and have already received a calll to go for psychometric test ?

Not yet. Should I be worried or should enquire with them?

Unregistered 11-07-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108749)
Not yet. Should I be worried or should enquire with them?

I’m worried too. The waiting game is killing me .

Unregistered 11-07-2018 01:00 PM

I dont think so fast ba, i think this week or next if didnt get mostly dont have le. Ya the waiting game is the killer

Unregistered 11-07-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108755)
I dont think so fast ba, i think this week or next if didnt get mostly dont have le. Ya the waiting game is the killer

Fingers crossed

Unregistered 12-07-2018 06:22 AM

They have already called up those who are ahortlisted from the 4th or 5th july interview for the psychometric test. If you dont receive any calls means you didnt get through already.

Unregistered 12-07-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108799)
They have already called up those who are ahortlisted from the 4th or 5th july interview for the psychometric test. If you dont receive any calls means you didnt get through already.

Ok time to move on. :(

Karl91 17-07-2018 11:47 AM

Anyone got the call to come down for the panel interview next Monday?? I believe this the third step after the psychometric test? One step closer huh?

Any ideas what the interview entails?? What possible questions they will ask?? Who will be conducting and such??

Thanks

Lulu 18-07-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 108911)
Anyone got the call to come down for the panel interview next Monday?? I believe this the third step after the psychometric test? One step closer huh?

Any ideas what the interview entails?? What possible questions they will ask?? Who will be conducting and such??

Thanks

There is 1 more final interview after this and that’s when more or less we are through already. My interview is on tuesday, though.

Karl91 18-07-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu (Post 108944)
There is 1 more final interview after this and that’s when more or less we are through already. My interview is on tuesday, though.

Ah so there is one more interview after the panel interview? Is is the Physiological interview thingy? I've forgotten the term they used to describe it on the timeline given.

So with that I believe there are two interviews including the panel before making the cut?

Appreciate the replies! Thanks!

Unregistered 18-07-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 108949)
Ah so there is one more interview after the panel interview? Is is the Physiological interview thingy? I've forgotten the term they used to describe it on the timeline given.

So with that I believe there are two interviews including the panel before making the cut?

Appreciate the replies! Thanks!

Yup, there is one final test/interview which is the psychological one which is in mid August. Such a draggy interview and after all this, if never get through really sibei wtf. Lolol. They will only offer somewhere in September and the job only resumes in November. I wonder how many will they offer given that there are too many candidates. I did asked the HR how many will they be recrutting but they just replied with a vague answer “i cannot reveal at this juncture.” TSK

bellwetherjolly 19-07-2018 01:28 PM

panel interview, you'll be brief on what's the job. you'll be asked questions.
they won't recruit more than 5. alot came for the interview, many don't make the cut.
if you're selected after the panel interview, you'll be asked to go for the psychological interview.
if passed, then admin will offer you.

Unregistered 20-07-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellwetherjolly (Post 108973)
panel interview, you'll be brief on what's the job. you'll be asked questions.
they won't recruit more than 5. alot came for the interview, many don't make the cut.
if you're selected after the panel interview, you'll be asked to go for the psychological interview.
if passed, then admin will offer you.

i had to just LOL n comment upon seeing this post.

"they wont recruit more than 5."

pls dont big cannon fairy (dua pao sian) if u dk the facts. how is it possible for an organisation which handles ALL the corruption cases in SG to recruit ONLY 5 ppl per year?

1 officer handle east
1 officer handle west
1 officer handle north
1 office handle central / north-east

OR

2 officers handle public sector corruption cases
2 officers handle private sector corruption cases

den they left with 1 officer at their HQ lengkok bahru har? LOLOL

bellwetherjolly 21-07-2018 02:09 AM

Lol

that's because you're using your own understanding of distribution for this recruitment. but it doesn't work that way.
those who are going for the panel interview will know. good luck to all.

Unregistered 23-07-2018 06:56 AM

Good luck to all. Please update how was the interview since they have two sessions. One is today and the other is tomorrow.

Karl91 24-07-2018 12:08 AM

Of all the questions to ask , they asked me with regards to what i wrote in my psychometric test. There is one part where you have to write down your weakness. During the panel interview itself, the answer to that question was brought up and they demanded elaboration. I was stunned. Stunned like vegetable.

After elaboration they asked about my financial status. I told them I have ZERO outstanding loans and that I don't even owe a credit card. Afterwards they wrapped it up with me asking them questions such as the training modules and what to expect if selected.

All the notes complied regarding CPIB's history and all the juicy details about the status of corruption in SEA gone down the drain. I was really taken aback, with the questions that was laid on the table. Frankly speaking, I don't know what it meant for me lah.

That was my experience today. I value the input from the other candidates and I wish you all the best. I guess what is left is to wait for the final call in August. Hoping to hear the HR's voice saying "Hi,are you still interested in the IA position in CPIB??"

Good luck to all attending the interview session tomorrow.

Unregistered 24-07-2018 02:59 AM

Are you a fresh graduate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109065)
Of all the questions to ask , they asked me with regards to what i wrote in my psychometric test. There is one part where you have to write down your weakness. During the panel interview itself, the answer to that question was brought up and they demanded elaboration. I was stunned. Stunned like vegetable.

After elaboration they asked about my financial status. I told them I have ZERO outstanding loans and that I don't even owe a credit card. Afterwards they wrapped it up with me asking them questions such as the training modules and what to expect if selected.

All the notes complied regarding CPIB's history and all the juicy details about the status of corruption in SEA gone down the drain. I was really taken aback, with the questions that was laid on the table. Frankly speaking, I don't know what it meant for me lah.

That was my experience today. I value the input from the other candidates and I wish you all the best. I guess what is left is to wait for the final call in August. Hoping to hear the HR's voice saying "Hi,are you still interested in the IA position in CPIB??"

Good luck to all attending the interview session tomorrow.

Unregistered 24-07-2018 12:26 PM

I was asked 3 questions and within 5 minutes im done. Like that sure never get liao

Karl91 24-07-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109066)

No I graduated in 2014. Did my NS and ORD in 2016. Not much of an experience in the relevant industry out there. Don't really know what to expect from the panel interview.

Karl91 24-07-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109080)
I was asked 3 questions and within 5 minutes im done. Like that sure never get liao

What were the questions posed towards you if I may ask?

Unregistered 24-07-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109087)
What were the questions posed towards you if I may ask?

1. Self introduction.
2. Why CPIB.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time.
4. Any questions?

Karl91 24-07-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109091)
1. Self introduction.
2. Why CPIB.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time.
4. Any questions?

Wow. I expected that kind of questions honestly. But who knows eh? Anyways all the best for all those who attended the panel interviews. Let's wait for August and see who made it for the final round. Best of luck all!

Unregistered 24-07-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109065)
Of all the questions to ask , they asked me with regards to what i wrote in my psychometric test. There is one part where you have to write down your weakness. During the panel interview itself, the answer to that question was brought up and they demanded elaboration. I was stunned. Stunned like vegetable..........

my honest opinion.

it's an employer's market now.

dont be too surprised if u see an organisation calling 10 to 20 candidates down for a job which has only 1 vacancy.

all the tests and irrelevant stuff for a job which pays a pathetic 2K range lol...

Unregistered 25-07-2018 10:33 AM

Actually to be honest, their salary package not really attractive. Quite low as compared to other agencies.

Karl91 25-07-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109110)
Actually to be honest, their salary package not really attractive. Quite low as compared to other agencies.

I agree lahh. But the experience gain would prove useful for advancement I believe. Well I am really rooting for this position. Guess time will tell. The recruitment process is taking forever and the wait is a killer.

Unregistered 25-07-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109131)
I agree lahh. But the experience gain would prove useful for advancement I believe. Well I am really rooting for this position. Guess time will tell. The recruitment process is taking forever and the wait is a killer.

Singapore police also give the same experience

Karl91 26-07-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109135)
Singapore police also give the same experience

True that friend they do but no news. So yeahhhhhh

Unregistered 27-07-2018 05:41 PM

I guess they should be able to get back to us by next week? As the next round of interview is in early-mid August. Just wondering, imagine having to go through all 4 stages and then you did not get the offer. Lol dont know how should i react eh.

Unregistered 27-07-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109185)
I guess they should be able to get back to us by next week? As the next round of interview is in early-mid August. Just wondering, imagine having to go through all 4 stages and then you did not get the offer. Lol dont know how should i react eh.

nowadays, nothing is confirmed until u sign the employment letter.

go for more interviews to get yourself a higher chance of landing a job.

Unregistered 02-08-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109131)

Any news after the panel interview? Anyone...?

Karl91 02-08-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109295)
Any news after the panel interview? Anyone...?

Still no news yet. Most probably next week if I am not wrong. Keeping hopes high lah. Good luck everyone.

Unregistered 02-08-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl91 (Post 109303)
Still no news yet. Most probably next week if I am not wrong. Keeping hopes high lah. Good luck everyone.

Just email the HR and they will tell you of your status.