Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodochicks (Post 142160)
unsuccessful. Looks like engineering and science degree not welcomed.

Mine was unsuccessful as well. I guess my bachelor's degree in history and anthropology, and master's degree in international relations from NTU are not welcome. I'm quite surprised you were rejected given that they seem to love science and engineering graduates.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 07:09 PM

Mine was unsuccessful too. With business degree and a few years of work experience, though of non investigative nature.

Did u guys received an email or was it just the checking of the portal?

Unregistered 20-07-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142175)
Mine was unsuccessful too. With business degree and a few years of work experience, though of non investigative nature.

Did u guys received an email or was it just the checking of the portal?

I had to check the portal.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142162)
Mine was unsuccessful as well. I guess my bachelor's degree in history and anthropology, and master's degree in international relations from NTU are not welcome. I'm quite surprised you were rejected given that they seem to love science and engineering graduates.

You’re probably overqualified haha.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 08:06 PM

Applied IO. Business degree Masters in IR. First interview 3 Aug.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142185)
Applied IO. Business degree Masters in IR. First interview 3 Aug.

Is yours a local degree?

Unregistered 20-07-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142182)
You’re probably overqualified haha.

I've never heard anyone tell me that before haha.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 09:47 PM

I got shortlisted for psychometric (IO) on early Aug but no interview. Should I be worried?

Background: poly grad + private uni cert with 5 years of audit experience with Big 4 under tax (currently S1 pay grade)

Any mid-experienced hire here? When’s the right time to tender my resignation lol. Cuz I require at least 3 months notice.

dodochicks 20-07-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142196)
I got shortlisted for psychometric (IO) on early Aug but no interview. Should I be worried?

Background: poly grad + private uni cert with 5 years of audit experience with Big 4 under tax (currently S1 pay grade)

Any mid-experienced hire here? When’s the right time to tender my resignation lol. Cuz I require at least 3 months notice.

your audit experience good for their fraud analysis i think. That's why u are shortlisted.

But are u ready to take pay cut? lol

Unregistered 20-07-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodochicks (Post 142199)
your audit experience good for their fraud analysis i think. That's why u are shortlisted.

But are u ready to take pay cut? lol

As an S1, I’m only drawing 4350 gross.

If you have any friends in Big 4. Trust me, they’ll dread their stint. Working hours are insanely long and being thrown into a detail with minimal headcount is insane. All of us are waiting for the opportune chance to jump ship. Anywhere is better than audit.

Can’t believe I’m turning into a boomer... but I decided to jump ship to the govt side to settle down and start a family.