Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

jobhunter1234 06-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33920)
Yeah, i got a call to go for an interview. I applied in early Dec but only got the call now - I had quite forgotten all about it.

Anyone here is able to advise what they will likely ask during the interview? Would there also be a writing assessment?

I dunno. But congrats :)

Unregistered 06-03-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33917)
CPIB had started to call people up for interview

I have a missed call today from a private number. Not sure if its them. Think they'll call back again?

Unregistered 06-03-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33917)
CPIB had started to call people up for interview

They started today? Or CPIB started on mon?
I am waiting for the call, but its closing to fri alrd. I hope the call up period will last until next fri, so i still have some hope

Unregistered 07-03-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33920)
Yeah, i got a call to go for an interview. I applied in early Dec but only got the call now - I had quite forgotten all about it.

Anyone here is able to advise what they will likely ask during the interview? Would there also be a writing assessment?

congrats! i applied early too but still no calls and the status on careers@gov is still "in process". does your status change? and what course do you study? i am wondering if the lack of response is due to my course of study :/

Unregistered 07-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33953)
congrats! i applied early too but still no calls and the status on careers@gov is still "in process". does your status change? and what course do you study? i am wondering if the lack of response is due to my course of study :/

Mine is still "in process" even tho I've gotten the call. Btw, it's not a private no. The HR side said that they would only drop an email to me by the end of this week but the interviews will be starting next week onwards.

As for my studies, I did accountancy. Wat course r u taking?

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33958)
Mine is still "in process" even tho I've gotten the call. Btw, it's not a private no. The HR side said that they would only drop an email to me by the end of this week but the interviews will be starting next week onwards.

I heard there is only one panel interview with the directors. When is ur interview scheduled?

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33959)
I heard there is only one panel interview with the directors. When is ur interview scheduled?

Just one with directors? No writing assessment or psychometric test? Seems quite odd that considering the level of integrity required, there is only one round.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33960)
Just one with directors? No writing assessment or psychometric test? Seems quite odd that considering the level of integrity required, there is only one round.

Yes. I read it in other forums. U can Google. I think the tests doesn't pose a problem, but the interview is to let u know what's in store for u and whether u have the passion to stay bonded for 2 years. Majority went in and couldn't adapt to the long working hrs and the reports u have to churn out. ultimately its the passion that they are looking for.

Considering one day left. I haven't rcv any calls. Doubt I am shortlisted. Congrats btw.

Unregistered 07-03-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33958)

Yeah my gut feeling's right. I'm doing English lit so I guess, naturally, I'm at the bottom of their pile :/

Unregistered 07-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33961)
Yes. I read it in other forums. U can Google. I think the tests doesn't pose a problem, but the interview is to let u know what's in store for u and whether u have the passion to stay bonded for 2 years. Majority went in and couldn't adapt to the long working hrs and the reports u have to churn out. ultimately its the passion that they are looking for.

Considering one day left. I haven't rcv any calls. Doubt I am shortlisted. Congrats btw.

Thanks. But don't give up juz yet. The application was open from Oct 2012 to Feb 2013. That's a long period and possibly, a lot of applications were received. So perhaps u should just hang on and there might be good news after all.