Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Interested in Position of VP (Administration) at MOE (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2185-interested-position-vp-administration-ministry-education-singapore.html)

soniafatah 17-09-2012 03:25 PM

Interested in Position of VP (Administration) at MOE

I'm interested to apply for position of VP Admin.

Unfortnately I only have 6 years instead of 8 years of senior management experience. Total working experience comes up to about 17 years.

I am a CPA and earning S$6K at current job of senior finance & admin manager.

Has anyone applied for this job? Whats the starting salary like, the interview process,etc? Thank you in advance :)

Unregistered 17-09-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniafatah (Post 28308)
I'm interested to apply for position of VP Admin.

Unfortnately I only have 6 years instead of 8 years of senior management experience. Total working experience comes up to about 17 years.

I am a CPA and earning S$6K at current job of senior finance & admin manager.

Has anyone applied for this job? Whats the starting salary like, the interview process,etc? Thank you in advance :)

Are you sure MOE got VP jobs? I thought they go by AD, DD, Director, SD etc.

soniafatah 17-09-2012 04:12 PM

VP (Admin) as in Vice Principal (Administrative) in schools

Unregistered 17-09-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniafatah (Post 28316)

$6K is low for a CPA with 17 years experience. Have you tried applying for financial controller positions in other companies?

Unregistered 17-09-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

I don't think you will qualify for the position. Base on your salary i think your position is more like assistant manager, they are looking for people more senior.

Unregistered 17-09-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28318)
$6K is low for a CPA with 17 years experience. Have you tried applying for financial controller positions in other companies?

Sorry, you misunderstood my explanation.
Actually just got my CPA last year and have about 10 years doing finance and admin-related work. The rest of the 7 years are not related to finance work.
Thank you for replying to my thread :)

Unregistered 17-09-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28321)
I don't think you will qualify for the position. Base on your salary i think your position is more like assistant manager, they are looking for people more senior.

Noted. Thank you for sharing :)

Unregistered 19-09-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

usually such 'relax' job is reserved for saf LTC & above upon retiring from service, as a second career.

Unregistered 05-05-2016 07:33 PM

Singapore's MOE's VP admin is absolutely not relaxed job. It is indeed the most demanding job you would ever found on earth! This is a superman position, demanding superior EQ and leadership to deal with laojiao teachers and lower rank worker such as cleaners, and perfect physical conditions to deal with long hour working (from 7 am to 7 pm is a norm) Weekend duties is also standard!

Unregistered 05-05-2016 09:00 PM

You will regret if you work there!