MSO Scheme for Poly Grad. - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MSO Scheme for Poly Grad.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
fi_east is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
which department u work under?

i work in ica.
Down my place all dept got any 1 or 2 mso per dept.. my dept got me and another uncle who retired at mso grade 3 but was given 2 yr contract extention.. my friend mso in police getting $2.4 now after just 1 yr plus of service.. u ica front line is it?

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi_east View Post
Down my place all dept got any 1 or 2 mso per dept.. my dept got me and another uncle who retired at mso grade 3 but was given 2 yr contract extention.. my friend mso in police getting $2.4 now after just 1 yr plus of service.. u ica front line is it?
just back office. now i studying part time degree at UniSim.
planning to sign on as senior officer in ica upon completion my degree.
but i believe that by then UniSim is recognised as Singapore's Sixth University alrd rite?

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
fi_east is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
just back office. now i studying part time degree at UniSim.
planning to sign on as senior officer in ica upon completion my degree.
but i believe that by then UniSim is recognised as Singapore's Sixth University alrd rite?
Ya, its recognized as spore uni.. did ica sponsor for ur studies or did u pay all by urself?..

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi_east View Post
Ya, its recognized as spore uni.. did ica sponsor for ur studies or did u pay all by urself?..
pay by myself lol.


normally is u in uniform position, then most likely they will sponsor.


civilian position like MSO quite hard to get accreditation for sponsorship
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
fi_east is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
pay by myself lol.


normally is u in uniform position, then most likely they will sponsor.


civilian position like MSO quite hard to get accreditation for sponsorship
So i assume ur now mso grade 6.. any idea after how long cn we go up to grsde 5?..


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi_east View Post
So i assume ur now mso grade 6.. any idea after how long cn we go up to grsde 5?..
yeah. u mso 6 also?
From exp, at my workplace, people go to grade 5 like 4-5 yrs.

tat is way damn long
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
yeah. u mso 6 also?
From exp, at my workplace, people go to grade 5 like 4-5 yrs.

tat is way damn long
public sector workers have better job security and work life balance with a dead end job, so you cant really complain about lousy career progression
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
public sector workers have better job security and work life balance with a dead end job, so you cant really complain about lousy career progression
But they do complain. All the time. Best way is to sack some of the under performing buggers to wake up their ideas.

They probably learn from the ministers in wanting to peg their salaries to the top earners in the private sector, not realizing that they can't even get a private sector job in the first place (other than being a dishwasher).
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But they do complain. All the time. Best way is to sack some of the under performing buggers to wake up their ideas.

They probably learn from the ministers in wanting to peg their salaries to the top earners in the private sector, not realizing that they can't even get a private sector job in the first place (other than being a dishwasher).
i notice those who complain most are the uni & poly grads, esp those on div 1, MX, GEO scheme etc

many mid 30s public sector people already making 5k+ with a stable job, no retrenchment, at least 2mth bonus, 9-6 job and SOP no need to use brains. as long as they dont screw up bt, confirm chop guarantee can retire with at least 8k salary. i really dont know why so many of them keep complain & complain like no tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i notice those who complain most are the uni & poly grads, esp those on div 1, MX, GEO scheme etc

many mid 30s public sector people already making 5k+ with a stable job, no retrenchment, at least 2mth bonus, 9-6 job and SOP no need to use brains. as long as they dont screw up bt, confirm chop guarantee can retire with at least 8k salary. i really dont know why so many of them keep complain & complain like no tomorrow.
no lei most of my friend in statboard or ministry age 29-31, already getting 4.5-5.5k range with annual 16-18mth package inclusive AWS

i saw in job street private sector need degree with 3 years exp offer 2.5-3k max only...wtf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary as a TSO in Poly dip4life Income and Jobs 35 29-08-2019 10:26 AM
is hospital salary low for fresh poly grad coloursquare Income and Jobs 11 24-01-2013 05:43 PM
Poly student mrgeek Education and Personal Growth 3 06-09-2012 12:58 PM
Degree holder in Diploma scheme cyanrosie Income and Jobs 5 01-03-2012 01:31 PM
Property Deferred Payment Scheme Withdrawn Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 0 26-10-2007 10:36 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,343 Replies, 5,152,616 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,643 Replies, 9,288,960 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,265 Replies, 1,066,647 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,720 Replies, 2,640,233 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,283 Replies, 1,530,176 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,120 Replies, 2,016,710 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,840 Replies, 3,690,986 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
543 Replies, 194,453 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,087 Replies, 3,039,035 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 50,783 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,198 Replies, 554,126 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,476 Replies, 6,762,049 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,660 Replies, 3,207,081 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 21,629 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 5,565 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 268,867 Views
Credit Suisse
9 Replies, 4,239 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 140,792 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,402 Replies, 2,413,425 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,462 Replies, 666,839 Views
share your experience about...
3 Replies, 198 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,010 Replies, 905,613 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,319 Replies, 732,602 Views
Work in pharmacy
5 Replies, 1,569 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 679,024 Views
Capgemini ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 5,815 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 38,171 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
364 Replies, 413,710 Views
Singapore Airlines
0 Replies, 124 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 18,649 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2