Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MSO Scheme for Poly Grad. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2173-mso-scheme-poly-grad.html)

fi_east 16-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 28279)
which department u work under?

i work in ica.

Down my place all dept got any 1 or 2 mso per dept.. my dept got me and another uncle who retired at mso grade 3 but was given 2 yr contract extention.. my friend mso in police getting $2.4 now after just 1 yr plus of service.. u ica front line is it?

temp111 16-09-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fi_east (Post 28281)
Down my place all dept got any 1 or 2 mso per dept.. my dept got me and another uncle who retired at mso grade 3 but was given 2 yr contract extention.. my friend mso in police getting $2.4 now after just 1 yr plus of service.. u ica front line is it?

just back office. now i studying part time degree at UniSim.
planning to sign on as senior officer in ica upon completion my degree.
but i believe that by then UniSim is recognised as Singapore's Sixth University alrd rite?

fi_east 16-09-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 28282)
just back office. now i studying part time degree at UniSim.
planning to sign on as senior officer in ica upon completion my degree.
but i believe that by then UniSim is recognised as Singapore's Sixth University alrd rite?

Ya, its recognized as spore uni.. did ica sponsor for ur studies or did u pay all by urself?..

temp111 16-09-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fi_east (Post 28287)
Ya, its recognized as spore uni.. did ica sponsor for ur studies or did u pay all by urself?..

pay by myself lol.

normally is u in uniform position, then most likely they will sponsor.

civilian position like MSO quite hard to get accreditation for sponsorship

fi_east 17-09-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 28293)
pay by myself lol.

normally is u in uniform position, then most likely they will sponsor.

civilian position like MSO quite hard to get accreditation for sponsorship

So i assume ur now mso grade 6.. any idea after how long cn we go up to grsde 5?..

temp111 18-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fi_east (Post 28302)
So i assume ur now mso grade 6.. any idea after how long cn we go up to grsde 5?..

yeah. u mso 6 also?
From exp, at my workplace, people go to grade 5 like 4-5 yrs.

tat is way damn long :(

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 28348)
yeah. u mso 6 also?
From exp, at my workplace, people go to grade 5 like 4-5 yrs.

tat is way damn long :(

public sector workers have better job security and work life balance with a dead end job, so you cant really complain about lousy career progression

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28352)
public sector workers have better job security and work life balance with a dead end job, so you cant really complain about lousy career progression

But they do complain. All the time. Best way is to sack some of the under performing buggers to wake up their ideas.

They probably learn from the ministers in wanting to peg their salaries to the top earners in the private sector, not realizing that they can't even get a private sector job in the first place (other than being a dishwasher).

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28354)
But they do complain. All the time. Best way is to sack some of the under performing buggers to wake up their ideas.

They probably learn from the ministers in wanting to peg their salaries to the top earners in the private sector, not realizing that they can't even get a private sector job in the first place (other than being a dishwasher).

i notice those who complain most are the uni & poly grads, esp those on div 1, MX, GEO scheme etc

many mid 30s public sector people already making 5k+ with a stable job, no retrenchment, at least 2mth bonus, 9-6 job and SOP no need to use brains. as long as they dont screw up bt, confirm chop guarantee can retire with at least 8k salary. i really dont know why so many of them keep complain & complain like no tomorrow.

Unregistered 18-09-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28358)
i notice those who complain most are the uni & poly grads, esp those on div 1, MX, GEO scheme etc

many mid 30s public sector people already making 5k+ with a stable job, no retrenchment, at least 2mth bonus, 9-6 job and SOP no need to use brains. as long as they dont screw up bt, confirm chop guarantee can retire with at least 8k salary. i really dont know why so many of them keep complain & complain like no tomorrow.

no lei most of my friend in statboard or ministry age 29-31, already getting 4.5-5.5k range with annual 16-18mth package inclusive AWS

i saw in job street private sector need degree with 3 years exp offer 2.5-3k max only...wtf