Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Work culture in IHiS (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2095-work-culture-ihis.html)

Unregistered 01-12-2021 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191239)
I got an offer from IHiS as senior system analyst JG4 and they are offering me a base of 5k, is it worth it hop over? I heard the bonus there is good but not sure about the culture. Currently I'm in a consulting mnc getting a base of 4.8k but the bonus there is abysmal so far for the past 2 years I getting barely 1 month. For base if add in allowance the pay is quite close already basically like no increment lol I don't think is worth to hop over just for the bonus right cuz I know for gov, glc etc they like to say 15months and depress the basic even though the extra 3 month is not guaranteed.

Any decent IT professional should NEVER Join IHIS. I have been to more than 7 companies, IHIS has the WORST work culture, work hours and old fashioned management.

In the digital age of google, facebook, apple, you would expect IT companies to keep up with the industy and improve to attract talent but not for IHIS

The only thing that are good: High bonus, generous annual leave and free udemy courses.

3 things will happen if you choose to join and stay in IHIS:

1) U will lose your IT relevancy and job market competiveness. You spend more time on admin than IT. They do not have a continuous improvement culture which means technology gets obsoleted quickly, and so will your skills. Management here are not visionary but prefer the old way of doing things despite being AN IT COMPANY.

2) Long hours with several weekend and overnight burn. NOTE: MANAGEMENT ONLY DEEMS IT AS WORK BEYOND EXTRA MILE IF IT IS OVERNIGHT WORK till next day morning. If you work on a weekend till 11pm they will see it as something that is expected of you.

3) you will lose your EQ and soft skills. Management doesn't have any management skills. old fashioned thinking and they promote people who are familiar with company culture and processes so they perpetuate this vicisous cycle.

If you have been to above average companies and graduated from a above average school, you should STEER CLEAR OF IHIS. Any fortune 500 company is better off than IHIS.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 10:45 AM

Don't join IHIS

If u have a decent IT career u SHOULD NOT join ihis!!!

Pros
- good bonus
- free Udemy
- generous leave

Cons
- longggg hours , weekend and overnight
- old fashion management, resistant to new tech
- your IT skills will lose relevancy as u will be doing more admin and getting approvals than doing IT
- innovation is dead. Snr management not supportive

Basically u r better off with a fortune 500 companies
Only join ihis if u have a higher purpose of helping the Frontline doctors

Unregistered 12-12-2021 11:28 AM

High turn over

Turn over is very high. Every week they have hundreds of new joiners. Saw some join and leave the company in less than 2 months.

Unregistered 13-12-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193443)
Turn over is very high. Every week they have hundreds of new joiners. Saw some join and leave the company in less than 2 months.

Agree with you. Even the corporate side as well. Very poor management.

Unregistered 13-12-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191571)
Work culture ?

I guess no day no night ba …

Yes. Weekends. Public holidays all burn. Very poor bosses as well in a matrix environment. Only have 4 hours of sleep daily for the past 1.5 years. Finally left last week after doctor advise to cut down on stress for my blood pressure.

Unregistered 17-12-2021 08:00 PM

you will regret the crazy irregular hours, overly complex processes and layers of unnecessary approval, with no real value add , frequently duplicated work, mindless efficiently without being effective, and every best practices you learnt in other companies, it is basically ignored here. If you do join, expect a short-lived career that could potentially ruin your career, unless you join at director level which u will have more control over your hours, as you will not be directly supporting the overnight and early morning activities.

Unregistered 18-12-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194124)
you will regret the crazy irregular hours, overly complex processes and layers of unnecessary approval, with no real value add , frequently duplicated work, mindless efficiently without being effective, and every best practices you learnt in other companies, it is basically ignored here. If you do join, expect a short-lived career that could potentially ruin your career, unless you join at director level which u will have more control over your hours, as you will not be directly supporting the overnight and early morning activities.

Agreed. really one of the worse place to work.

Unregistered 18-12-2021 10:40 AM

kena 50 year old team lead, or ceca leads. Good luck. Diploma holder leave less than 3months. Sent people for useless training like itil which has no value

Unregistered 18-12-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193510)
Yes. Weekends. Public holidays all burn. Very poor bosses as well in a matrix environment. Only have 4 hours of sleep daily for the past 1.5 years. Finally left last week after doctor advise to cut down on stress for my blood pressure.

Lol working on IT systems for the betterment of others health only to adversly impact your own. How ironic.

Unregistered 06-01-2022 06:31 PM

sucky place

Exactly. it doesn't bode well with younger folks. i foresee they will have trouble recruiting young top or even decent mid tier talents to lead their teams in future. Because of the Singhealth hacking incident, they are big on security. sure they will do well in security, but a great company is more than just security. other aspects like processes, innovation and culture suffer so much and it's going to take alot of effort to effect change, it is just not enticing or attractive enough for great talents to stay. In the end, those that stayed are the ones unable to find a job outside, and continually contributes to the rot from the inside.