Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Advice greatly needed on ministry/statboard (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2070-advice-greatly-needed-ministry-statboard.html)

ceruleanroses 13-07-2012 12:46 AM

Advice greatly needed on ministry/statboard
 
Dear all, I'm writing this with a hopeful heart that someone will read this and give me valuable advice because this is urgent..

I have received two offers -one from a ministry and one from a statboard. I'm a fresh female grad from ntu with a biz degree second upper class hons. I received a verbal offer from the ministry 2 weeks ago but they have not officially offered me yet because it was pending "clearance" from the senior management. I like the job a lot but just this week I received an official offer from a statboard demanding that I give them an answer by tmr morning because they needed the person urgently.. I'm at a loss at what to do. I tried chasing the ministry officer but to no avail.

Can someone advice me on which offer should I take? Is there any cases of offers not going through after "clearance"? Because I'm afraid I don't have backup plans if I were to wait for the ministry and I fail clearance?

lmaohaha 13-07-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleanroses (Post 26580)
Dear all, I'm writing this with a hopeful heart that someone will read this and give me valuable advice because this is urgent..

I have received two offers -one from a ministry and one from a statboard. I'm a fresh female grad from ntu with a biz degree second upper class hons. I received a verbal offer from the ministry 2 weeks ago but they have not officially offered me yet because it was pending "clearance" from the senior management. I like the job a lot but just this week I received an official offer from a statboard demanding that I give them an answer by tmr morning because they needed the person urgently.. I'm at a loss at what to do. I tried chasing the ministry officer but to no avail.

Can someone advice me on which offer should I take? Is there any cases of offers not going through after "clearance"? Because I'm afraid I don't have backup plans if I were to wait for the ministry and I fail clearance?

accept verbally first, den rej when ur favored job is cleared. win-win situation for u. when pen is not put to paper, nth is cast in stone.

Unregistered 13-07-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleanroses (Post 26580)
Dear all, I'm writing this with a hopeful heart that someone will read this and give me valuable advice because this is urgent..

I have received two offers -one from a ministry and one from a statboard. I'm a fresh female grad from ntu with a biz degree second upper class hons. I received a verbal offer from the ministry 2 weeks ago but they have not officially offered me yet because it was pending "clearance" from the senior management. I like the job a lot but just this week I received an official offer from a statboard demanding that I give them an answer by tmr morning because they needed the person urgently.. I'm at a loss at what to do. I tried chasing the ministry officer but to no avail.

Can someone advice me on which offer should I take? Is there any cases of offers not going through after "clearance"? Because I'm afraid I don't have backup plans if I were to wait for the ministry and I fail clearance?

call the HR from the ministry and explain your situation. it's better to be honest about it.

Unregistered 13-07-2012 09:28 AM

If the ministry is telling you that they are pending clearance from senior management, it is highly likely that you are 90% in getting the job. It's a formality that they have to go through in order to offer you officially.

ceruleanroses 13-07-2012 09:56 AM

thanks for all the advice. I am still pending the call from the ministry officer.. but i guess i am worried about the risk involved if i fail the clearance..

Unregistered 13-07-2012 10:25 AM

Hold on for the Ministry job. Avoid answering the Stat board offer as long as possible.

You can try speaking with the HR at the Ministry to get further comfort.

If it comes to the point where you have to give up the Stat board offer without getting a formal offer from the Ministry, give it up.

Personally, I will regret missing out on my first choice and ending up with the 2nd more than if I ended up with none.

Just like relationships, you wait for the one you want and not pick the 2nd best just because he offers you first right? (not untill you are 30 :)

ceruleanroses 13-07-2012 01:34 PM

thanks all! as of now, i have rejected the stat board.. the ministry HR gave me assurance that i will get the job but i still feel a bit lost. i guess until i finally sign the contract, nothing is set..

Unregistered 13-07-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleanroses (Post 26580)
Dear all, I'm writing this with a hopeful heart that someone will read this and give me valuable advice because this is urgent..

I have received two offers -one from a ministry and one from a statboard. I'm a fresh female grad from ntu with a biz degree second upper class hons. I received a verbal offer from the ministry 2 weeks ago but they have not officially offered me yet because it was pending "clearance" from the senior management. I like the job a lot but just this week I received an official offer from a statboard demanding that I give them an answer by tmr morning because they needed the person urgently.. I'm at a loss at what to do. I tried chasing the ministry officer but to no avail.

Can someone advice me on which offer should I take? Is there any cases of offers not going through after "clearance"? Because I'm afraid I don't have backup plans if I were to wait for the ministry and I fail clearance?

you should just try to call the ministry and ask.

for the ministry job I suppose they offer you 3.2k?
how much is the offer from the stat board?

ceruleanroses 13-07-2012 02:06 PM

yeah i called and got assurance already. now is just waiting for the "clearance".. anyone encountered long periods of waiting before???

they have not officially offered me yet as i mentioned they still needed "clearance". the stat board offered me slightly above 3.2k. the ministry also told me my pay range is between 3.2k to what the statboard offered me. maybe the extra few dollars is due to pay revisions?

Unregistered 13-07-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleanroses (Post 26606)
yeah i called and got assurance already. now is just waiting for the "clearance".. anyone encountered long periods of waiting before???

they have not officially offered me yet as i mentioned they still needed "clearance". the stat board offered me slightly above 3.2k. the ministry also told me my pay range is between 3.2k to what the statboard offered me. maybe the extra few dollars is due to pay revisions?

the clearance shld take between 1 to 6 weeks, depending on which ministry u r going.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2