Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 102 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Old 07-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, can anyone advice on typically how long does it take to get a verbal offer after the final interview? Is it 1 to 2 days? Thanks.
2 working days for me

Old 07-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2 working days for me
Thank you so much Hope I'll get a reply soon.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Anyone has experience with seab ?
After interview when will they call u to offer or reject ?
Thx u

Old 14-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, can anyone share roughly how long HR takes to do reference check and compute salary package? Tks.
Old 15-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Hi guys.

I applied a cilivian job at MHA last month and the status was then changed to shortlisted 2 weeks later. It has been another 3 weeks since then, i have not received any emails or calls from them.

Do i still wait for them to email me for interview or should i call the HR? 😟😔
Old 15-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Verified Member

dreamerlyfe93 is on a distinguished road

Hello folks,

Just to help you guys out and hope that some kind soul would help answer my queries.

I applied for a position with a Stat Board at the end of January. Here is my timeline:
First call up for Interview: Start of March. I calculated that it was 5-6 weeks after I submitted my application
First Interview: Middle of March
1-2 weeks later, I was notified that I was shortlisted for the second round.
End of March: 2nd interview and written test.
I was informed that I was offered a position the next working day.
1 month later (middle-end of April), I received the call up about my salary package; invited to go down to sign the contract.
Had to go for medical thereafter.
Reported for work 1 month later (cos havent graduate mah).

So heres the query part:

I know that jobs are difficult to find, and thats why i applied to any job out of desperation and fear that I would be unemployed after graduation. I was over the moon when i got offered a position, thinking that I could grow into any role - even when I had my dream jobs but I got rejected by all

2 months into my job and it was horribly draining. There are limited prospects, field/job scope is disinteresting, boss and colleagues are unwilling to teach (but quick to blame when I commit mistakes) and my supervisor is so horrible that the previous person who held my position resigned in less than 6 months. There are days when I cry thinking about going to work the next day.

The only good thing about this SB job is that now I know what field that I want to go into. I mean, I knew I wanted to get into an International Relations position since its the most related to my studies- but I always zoomed onto the more hard-to-get-into Ministries like MTI, MFA and MINDEF. Was not aware that other Ministries have such roles as well. Now that I do, and am adamant to get into one, I have started applying for jobs in that field. More towards ministries like MSF and MCI. Not looking for work-life balance, but really passion (or at least liking your job) is very important.

So my question is - is the hiring timeline for Ministries about the same as those in SBs? Understand that Vital is involved in the Ministries' hiring process. Would 3-4 months be a reasonable expectation to get hired?

Also, I didn't disclose my current job in my resume (since its just 1-2 months into my current job which is a drastically different field from what I am hoping to get into). Some career advisors say its better not to put but im worried that the HR might uncover...

Old 16-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerlyfe93 View Post
Hello folks,

Just to help you guys out and hope that some kind soul would help answer my queries.

I applied for a position with a Stat Board at the end of January. Here is my timeline:
First call up for Interview: Start of March. I calculated that it was 5-6 weeks after I submitted my application
1 month later (middle-end of April), I received the call up about my salary package; invited to go down to sign the contract.

So heres the query part:

I know that jobs are difficult to find, and thats why i applied to any job out of desperation and fear that I would be unemployed after graduation. I was over the moon when i got offered a position, thinking that I could grow into any role - even when I had my dream jobs but I got rejected by all

2 months into my job and it was horribly draining. There are limited prospects, field/job scope is disinteresting, boss and colleagues are unwilling to teach (but quick to blame when I commit mistakes) and my supervisor is so horrible that the previous person who held my position resigned in less than 6 months. There are days when I cry thinking about going to work the next day.

The only good thing about this SB job is that now I know what field that I want to go into. I mean, I knew I wanted to get into an International Relations position since its the most related to my studies- but I always zoomed onto the more hard-to-get-into Ministries like MTI, MFA and MINDEF. Was not aware that other Ministries have such roles as well. Now that I do, and am adamant to get into one, I have started applying for jobs in that field. More towards ministries like MSF and MCI. Not looking for work-life balance, but really passion (or at least liking your job) is very important.

So my question is - is the hiring timeline for Ministries about the same as those in SBs? Understand that Vital is involved in the Ministries' hiring process. Would 3-4 months be a reasonable expectation to get hired?

Also, I didn't disclose my current job in my resume (since its just 1-2 months into my current job which is a drastically different field from what I am hoping to get into). Some career advisors say its better not to put but im worried that the HR might uncover...
better disclose. u dun want to be questioned on your integrity (including ommission of info that wld influence decision making) which is a core value for public service - u shd know. I was in my previous job for only 2 Mths when I applied to a stat board. called up for interview and they asked why i was there. I explained and was offered a position during that interview.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 16-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Edb

Hi, Anyone know what's the hiring process for EDB?
Is the essay test a must for all position in EDB?

Thank you!
Old 17-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerlyfe93 View Post
Hello folks,

So heres the query part:

I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time with your boss and colleagues.

To address your questions, generally the timeline in both Ministries and SBs are similar, but of course there could be exceptions where some Ministries take longer than an SB and vice versa.

Sexondly, it would be difficult for you to hide your stint in the SB if you're looking for another public/civil service role. HR divisions across public agencies are quite porous and it'll be easy to find out which SB you were in.
Old 18-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Hi, would like to know if anyone managed to renegotiate salary when HR offers same pay regardless if i join under movement policy or resign and join them as new hire? As the other organization has less bonus than my current agency, i will be taking a pay cut if i accept same salary. I informed HR that I have a higher annual package but he/she did not agree match it.