Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 100 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Old 08-07-2018, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, I just received a call from a ministry with a verbal offer after two rounds of interview but according to HR, they will still need to get approval from the director (1-2 weeks). However, HR has yet to mention or discuss the salary and benefits. Will they take the expected salary that I submitted during the application via careers@gov (which I understated in the application form, sighs) or will I still get a chance to negotiate my pay?
You'll definitely have the chance to negotiate your pay, you have the right to do so, and have the right not to accept the offer if it is not up to expectations. That said, the HR will also have a salary in mind based on the following criteria; your expected salary, relevant experience, your skill sets and of course their budget available.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Govt Job Offer

I receive a job offer from a Ministry but I prefer another job from Stats Board. Till to date there is no interview call from Stats Board, but status in Career@Gov is "In Process".

Under this situation, can I agree to accept the offer from Ministry first, while waiting for the Stats Board interview? If Stats board offers me the job, then I inform the Ministry that I have better offer? I know this might not appear good in me, but I don't dare to take the risk to reject the Ministry, just in case the Stats Board did not call me for interview or I was not selected for the job. Anyone have experience similar situation before? Can give some advice? I'm really lost now..

Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You'll definitely have the chance to negotiate your pay, you have the right to do so, and have the right not to accept the offer if it is not up to expectations. That said, the HR will also have a salary in mind based on the following criteria; your expected salary, relevant experience, your skill sets and of course their budget available.

Thanks for the reply!

Ah, I see! Normally salary negotiation is after getting the relevant approval by the director? Shouldn't it be discussed first before HR approaches the director for approval? Will I be questioned if say I stated that my expected salary is 3.2 in my application form but I request for 3.4?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thanks for the reply!

Ah, I see! Normally salary negotiation is after getting the relevant approval by the director? Shouldn't it be discussed first before HR approaches the director for approval? Will I be questioned if say I stated that my expected salary is 3.2 in my application form but I request for 3.4?
Old 10-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Hi all,
I am a fresh graduate and currently holding on to a full time probation job while waiting for the approval process to be complete. Was wondering if this full time probation will.be an obstacle on the clearance or approval of the civilian officer role?
Old 10-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi all!

Very new here, but have been reading a lot on this forum and I must say it's quite informative, and at times encouraging~ Please allow me to make my virgin post here!

I've resigned from my job for 11 years (10 years 9 months to be exact) in March 0218 and have yet looking for jobs till now. I have lots of interest to enter the Civil Service since for my industry it was one of the best paying with better benefits. Till date, I have applied for more than 20 jobs on the Civil Sector but didn't even get called to go for the 1st interview...

Until my friend gave me a helping hand and internally referred me to his department (in Civil Sector) who is hiring... However, the process is hideously long! Here's the timeline:

23rd May - heard of news of hiring from friend and applied online through portal
1st June - status changed to 'unsuccessful'

Back to friend as to what happened... Then, got called for 1st interview on the 6th June.

6th June - 1st interview. I would assume it went ok...

The interviewers were keen to hire me saying that I was shortlisted for 2nd interview and HR will be calling me 'soon'...

waiting game commences... was starting to think 'game over'... even though friends kept assuring me that HR is slow and must wait...

7th July - Portal finally changed status to 'application under review'

Till date, still awaiting for call for 2nd interview... I wonder if I still stand a chance... Perhaps anyone from Civil Sector or Stat Board HR could advise on this? That would be greatly encouraging...

Cheers and apologizes for a lengthy introduction post!

Old 10-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi all!

Very new here, but have been reading a lot on this forum and I must say it's quite informative, and at times encouraging~ Please allow me to make my virgin post here!

I've resigned from my job for 11 years (10 years 9 months to be exact) in March 0218 and have yet looking for jobs till now. I have lots of interest to enter the Civil Service since for my industry it was one of the best paying with better benefits. Till date, I have applied for more than 20 jobs on the Civil Sector but didn't even get called to go for the 1st interview...

Until my friend gave me a helping hand and internally referred me to his department (in Civil Sector) who is hiring... However, the process is hideously long! Here's the timeline:

23rd May - heard of news of hiring from friend and applied online through portal
1st June - status changed to 'unsuccessful'

Back to friend as to what happened... Then, got called for 1st interview on the 6th June.

6th June - 1st interview. I would assume it went ok...

The interviewers were keen to hire me saying that I was shortlisted for 2nd interview and HR will be calling me 'soon'...

waiting game commences... was starting to think 'game over'... even though friends kept assuring me that HR is slow and must wait...

7th July - Portal finally changed status to 'application under review'

Till date, still awaiting for call for 2nd interview... I wonder if I still stand a chance... Perhaps anyone from Civil Sector or Stat Board HR could advise on this? That would be greatly encouraging...

Cheers and apologizes for a lengthy introduction post!
how abt the hiring processing if i had applied for job with PSD
Any idea on the difference in decision time line between applying for temp and applying for full time position
Old 16-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Invited for Nparks job preview

Hi everyone

I submitted my application for NParks contract park officer on 22nd June and was called up for an interview on 27th June. Went for the interview on 11th July and I just received a call for a job preview (16th July). So can I assume that I more or less got the job or it's just like a second round of interview?
Old 16-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Any idea if having a sibling with criminal record (not serious but still a record) will affect my application? I've been sending a lot resumes but no response..
Old 20-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi, anyone been to MAS for an interview? How is the process like? Thank you very much 😊