Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 87 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Old 26-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Verified Member

KPO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Just wondering when we make an application to C@G. Does the HR start after inviting applicants for an interview before the application deadline or do they wait till after the deadline to invite applicants for interview?

In my case, interview was held before the application deadline.

Old 28-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Default working at mom

does anyone know how the work culture at Ministry of Manpower is like? Median age of folks there, gender balance, career development and advancement etc? Considering joining their policy & planning group.

Old 28-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

What does "in process" mean? Does it mean that I have been selected for interview?

Old 29-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Verified Member

KPO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What does "in process" mean? Does it mean that I have been selected for interview?
SHORTLISTED would mean selected for interview.
In process is just that, in process.
Old 29-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just wondering when we make an application to C@G. Does the HR start after inviting applicants for an interview before the application deadline or do they wait till after the deadline to invite applicants for interview?
I have applied for this Organization which calls me for interview one week after submission.i also have another interview which was schedule two weeks after submission.
For this two jobs I saw the position very late and applied a few days before closing date.

There are also some positions that put my application in process very quickly after I submit but I have no calls from them even after a month plus.

Pretty much depends on where you stand compared to the other candidates for the position I Guess.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Depends on a multitude of factors, like how urgently the position needs to be filled, that particular HR department's schedule, and so on. For example, if I'm one of the people in charge of that job listing, and I happen to have an empty schedule for the time being, I might take this chance to start clearing some of the candidates on my list rather than let it pile up in the future.

Quote:
Exactly what it says. It means the HR for that posting has started processing the applications.

For most SBs at least, if you're going to be selected for an interview, we'll call you.

Failing that - we'll call you again.

If it still doesn't get through, we'll text you, or drop an email, or both.

If you went through C@G, you might not get a rejection email. We might just tick off as "Unsuccessful" on C@G.

Old 31-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Depends on a multitude of factors, like how urgently the position needs to be filled, that particular HR department's schedule, and so on. For example, if I'm one of the people in charge of that job listing, and I happen to have an empty schedule for the time being, I might take this chance to start clearing some of the candidates on my list rather than let it pile up in the future.

Exactly what it says. It means the HR for that posting has started processing the applications.

For most SBs at least, if you're going to be selected for an interview, we'll call you.

If you went through C@G, you might not get a rejection email. We might just tick off as "Unsuccessful" on C@G.
Thanks. Then may I know after the status is changed to 'in process', how long it takes for HR to contact us for interview, if we are shortlisted?
Old 31-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Verified Member

Sierra is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I have a couple of applications which ticked off as Unsuccessful, but also a few which is in "Submitted" status for around 2~3weeks, I guess it's unsuccessful and the HR forgot to mark it as it is.
Old 31-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks. Then may I know after the status is changed to 'in process', how long it takes for HR to contact us for interview, if we are shortlisted?
Like I said before, it depends on a multitude of factors, some of which I've already listed. In process really doesn't mean anything except "we're starting to read these now". Keep in mind if the closing date is, say, 11 Feb, and you submitted on 5 Feb or similar, then you'll be close to the bottom of the pile, and we may not even get to you before we choose somebody.

You usually get contacted before you get toggled to "shortlisted", although sometimes it may work the other way around.

Quote:
I have a couple of applications which ticked off as Unsuccessful, but also a few which is in "Submitted" status for around 2~3weeks, I guess it's unsuccessful and the HR forgot to mark it as it is.
No. Only when it's ticked as "Unsuccessful" does it mean you didn't get it. Depending on the job, the "Submitted" tag can stay there for quite a while. All the different government groups work at different paces. Sometimes you might stay as "Submitted" for over 2 months if that HR department is particularly swamped and unable to get to the posting.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

Sierra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Like I said before, it depends on a multitude of factors, some of which I've already listed. In process really doesn't mean anything except "we're starting to read these now". Keep in mind if the closing date is, say, 11 Feb, and you submitted on 5 Feb or similar, then you'll be close to the bottom of the pile, and we may not even get to you before we choose somebody.

You usually get contacted before you get toggled to "shortlisted", although sometimes it may work the other way around.

No. Only when it's ticked as "Unsuccessful" does it mean you didn't get it. Depending on the job, the "Submitted" tag can stay there for quite a while. All the different government groups work at different paces. Sometimes you might stay as "Submitted" for over 2 months if that HR department is particularly swamped and unable to get to the posting.
Thanks so much for the clarification. Another small qns, i might be jumping the gun asking this but, regarding the expected salary, will we be able to negotiate our expected salary? I forgot to change my expected salary in my application and the figure was dated quite some time back.