Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 405 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4041 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 12:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerpastures View Post
happens all the time. not just for government, but other companies.

could mean one of the following:

(i) the role you applied for is filled, but they still think you're decent

(ii) they don't think you're suitable for the role u applied for, but are suitable for the other other

(iii) the hiring needs for that other role is more urgent

(iv) less likely - the pay in the current role does not match what you want, but it matches the other role better
I see, thank you for your explanation. Barring any unforeseen circumstances and if I say that I'm open to the other role, is it likely that HR will make an offer?

Reply With Quote
  #4042 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 01:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerpastures View Post
Anything in a ministry with the word "strategy" or "policy" in the division name/job title is likely to be superscale DD. the rest of the roles are a bit less clear, stat boards also a bit less clear.

If you are in the org, you can probably figure it out. See which DDs are the most overworked, ends up doing COS, etc.

Finance and Admin DDs usually not superscale, HR also usually not.
o btw what does COS stands for?

My division has both "strategy" and "policy" in it's name....depending on how high you wanna go.....

Reply With Quote
  #4043 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerpastures View Post
happens all the time. not just for government, but other companies.

could mean one of the following:

(i) the role you applied for is filled, but they still think you're decent

(ii) they don't think you're suitable for the role u applied for, but are suitable for the other other

(iii) the hiring needs for that other role is more urgent

(iv) less likely - the pay in the current role does not match what you want, but it matches the other role better
times have changed

they are many non scholar superscale officers.

Reply With Quote
  #4044 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Hi all,
recently i got a phone call from one of the SB.
saying they are keen to proceed.

then hr sent me a few documents they need + reference check ..
but without any medical check ..
does that mean that i am still on their consideration list only ?
i tot usually , health check up is do tgt one ?
Reply With Quote
  #4045 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 06:58 PM
hownow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all,

Got an offer at the start of the week and when HR asked for a proposed start date, I proposed 6 weeks from now. (context: fresh grad wanting to enjoy my last dec hols) However, HR asked if I could start earlier.

Is this a red flag, & would you advise starting earlier?
Reply With Quote
  #4046 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,
recently i got a phone call from one of the SB.
saying they are keen to proceed.

then hr sent me a few documents they need + reference check ..
but without any medical check ..
does that mean that i am still on their consideration list only ?
i tot usually , health check up is do tgt one ?
I also joinging SB soon, no medical checkup, just medical questionaire.. HR mentioned based on questionaire i no need go medical.. she told me that after i ask do i need go medical, cos i signed everything already.. times have changed.. haha
Reply With Quote

  #4047 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 07:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hownow View Post
Hi all,

Got an offer at the start of the week and when HR asked for a proposed start date, I proposed 6 weeks from now. (context: fresh grad wanting to enjoy my last dec hols) However, HR asked if I could start earlier.

Is this a red flag, & would you advise starting earlier?
Some like that one die2 want start asap.. lucky mine can start in Feb..
Reply With Quote
  #4048 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 08:51 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 22
greenerpastures is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
times have changed

they are many non scholar superscale officers.
yes, there are. i didn't say superscale=scholar. much easier to get into superscale schemes if you are not a scholar nowadays. but if the role is earmarked for superscale, it's hard for a non-superscale to occupy the position
Reply With Quote
  #4049 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2021, 05:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Question on when to apply to Ministry

Hi all, am interested in joining a Ministry but some people say that it is too early to apply. (Gradtuating in May, hoping to start in June).

Some people who used to work at Sentosa Dev (under MTI) said the max they can wait is usually 2 months. Anyone can advise? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4050 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2021, 06:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, am interested in joining a Ministry but some people say that it is too early to apply. (Gradtuating in May, hoping to start in June).

Some people who used to work at Sentosa Dev (under MTI) said the max they can wait is usually 2 months. Anyone can advise? Thanks!
unless ur a candidate that us so unique
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 31 19-07-2024 11:42 AM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,512 Replies, 10,950,965 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,362 Replies, 1,207,746 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 520,331 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,449 Replies, 738,125 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 5,540 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,983 Replies, 1,724,758 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
943 Replies, 501,077 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,858 Replies, 7,295,084 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,803 Replies, 5,631,188 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,523 Replies, 1,979,544 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,146 Replies, 4,980,299 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,684 Replies, 2,686,522 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,628 Replies, 4,043,990 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
9 Replies, 976 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,400 Replies, 6,682,218 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,219 Replies, 2,617,984 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,554 Replies, 13,055,304 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,971 Replies, 1,589,055 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,602 Replies, 1,281,899 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,648 Replies, 3,693,496 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
518 Replies, 290,849 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
953 Replies, 580,508 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
435 Replies, 539,524 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 35,157 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 11,576 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 197,487 Views
Salary Calculation
8 Replies, 6,098 Views
Salary increment
3 Replies, 383 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
367 Replies, 414,816 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 73,087 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2