Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 399 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3981 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2021, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried11 View Post
Was verbally offered three weeks ago but currently still pending checks. Anyone faced this before? I am worried there might be a change in org priorities and there might be a possibility of my contract being rescinded.
Not sure where you applied but i dont think they would give verbal offers. Usually the only confirmation is when they send u the contract. Because anything could happen in between, like backgrouns or medical checks etc..

Reply With Quote
  #3982 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What's the typical processing time required by Vital to get in touch on the appointment formalities? I'm less than a month to my agreed commencement date but have yet to hear from Vital. Any advice from those being appointed in recent months would be much appreciated. Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #3983 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Singapore Customs officer

Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance

Reply With Quote
  #3984 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2021, 11:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance
I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?
Reply With Quote
  #3985 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?
They inform me to go for medical is about 4 days longÖ
Reply With Quote
  #3986 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 02:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone applied for a non-teaching position with MOE before? i went for an interview with them 2 weeks ago and took a personality test but i havent heard from them so far? Is it a goner?
Reply With Quote

  #3987 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 04:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.
Reply With Quote
  #3988 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.
Not a good move to do so, itíll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #3989 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2021, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not a good move to do so, itíll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.
I seeÖ so you reckon itís not advisable to return to the public sector? Itís true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..
Reply With Quote
  #3990 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I seeÖ so you reckon itís not advisable to return to the public sector? Itís true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..
Perhaps you may want to try a different sb/ministry or just leave the job out of your resume when you apply for the next role
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,637 Replies, 2,381,913 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,280 Replies, 3,454,620 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
5 Replies, 257 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,573 Replies, 5,669,087 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,840 Replies, 927,796 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,147 Replies, 10,319,971 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,853 Replies, 7,997,609 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
182 Replies, 127,806 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
536 Replies, 352,198 Views
15% pay cut from private sector to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,466 Replies, 1,074,918 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,042 Replies, 2,803,597 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
652 Replies, 206,333 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,679 Replies, 1,422,621 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,039 Replies, 3,613,227 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
530 Replies, 319,650 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 35,137 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,255 Replies, 1,065,732 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,056 Replies, 4,483,429 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
476 Replies, 233,986 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,524 Replies, 1,210,262 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 237,846 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 541,132 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 117,852 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 14,054 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 84,268 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,846 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,028,554 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,738 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 25,052 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2