Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 315 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3141 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wad told to wait two weeks after interview. The email came at two weeks mark. I won’t say the same for all sb and ministry though. I guess the rejection email depends on the HR. I have some telling me to wait 1-2 weeks but it has been 1 month with no updates despite sending follow up email.
Can check radio silent for two weeks before you received HR email?

Reply With Quote
  #3142 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone can share what is the process like for LTA?

I have cleared the 2 interviews. Received call from HR that they will proceed further with my application but there was no offer during the call. Just said they will submit for approval and I have to submit the reference and medical questionnaire form.

Reply With Quote
  #3143 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone can share what is the process like for LTA?

I have cleared the 2 interviews. Received call from HR that they will proceed further with my application but there was no offer during the call. Just said they will submit for approval and I have to submit the reference and medical questionnaire form.
are you the diploma guy whos applying for the AM role?

When did they ask for reference and medical questionnaire? Should take 2-3weeks to clear this.

Reply With Quote
  #3144 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 10:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone interview with MOM before? How long do they usually take to get back? Reference form already submitted before final interview. Tia
Reply With Quote
  #3145 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think this was covered before but I'm not too sure.

Suppose I started with a job, less than a year in. If I apply to another Ministry/Stat Board, most likely will be rejected straight away?
Reply With Quote
  #3146 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone interviewed or worked at the Agency of Integrated Care (AIC) before? Do they normally send out email rejections after interviews? and how long is waiting time from interview to job offer? thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #3147 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone had experienced before that HTX "shortlised" you in career@gov but never call you up for any interview? This is new to me because i have never experienced such despite having applied for their jobs. Just want to have a sense of what's the reason, if anyone happens to know. Thanks


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3148 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone had experienced before that HTX "shortlised" you in career@gov but never call you up for any interview? This is new to me because i have never experienced such despite having applied for their jobs. Just want to have a sense of what's the reason, if anyone happens to know. Thanks
I got an in process when they called me up for the 2 rounds of interview.
Never see shortlisted for the few HTX applications I submitted. All are in process now.

I would say in process means that they viewed your application and they may or may not call you for interview.

Shortlisted means they will call you up for interview based on what I experienced so far. But Shortlisted also does not mean you will get the job.

So i would say the statuses are very confusing. As long as it is in process and it is less than 2 months, I would say you still have a chance on getting an interview.
Reply With Quote
  #3149 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you the diploma guy whos applying for the AM role?

When did they ask for reference and medical questionnaire? Should take 2-3weeks to clear this.
The guy with years of experience with diploma and 2 years exp with degree. Haha.
I am actually applying AM/DM role, although i doubt they will give me DM role due to my experience before I graduate.

I am more concerned with the offer now, will they offer or not?

And if the offer is lower than my current salary and i waited 1 month for it, then I will be disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #3150 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got an in process when they called me up for the 2 rounds of interview.
Never see shortlisted for the few HTX applications I submitted. All are in process now.

I would say in process means that they viewed your application and they may or may not call you for interview.

Shortlisted means they will call you up for interview based on what I experienced so far. But Shortlisted also does not mean you will get the job.

So i would say the statuses are very confusing. As long as it is in process and it is less than 2 months, I would say you still have a chance on getting an interview.
Status not accurate.
Normally if no news after a month, can move on
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 11 21-12-2023 10:54 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 322,757 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,978 Replies, 2,099,281 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,085 Replies, 2,248,115 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 55,141 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,268 Replies, 742,250 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,695 Replies, 4,863,680 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 425,807 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 524,590 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,753 Replies, 1,358,097 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,260 Replies, 12,301,545 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,193 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 73,482 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 1,014,262 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,259 Replies, 6,395,668 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,649 Replies, 1,496,497 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,343,949 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,332,070 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,989 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,528 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,427 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,146 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,832 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,314 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,278 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 485,176 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 208 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,742 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,199,058 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,476,064 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 446,310 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2