Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167907)
Had an interview awhile back, thought it went pretty well. Hr told me the usual processing time is 5-6 weeks. Already submitted reference check forms at the final interview stage. Should i be worried im not getting any calls after 2 weeks?

Since they mentioned 5-6 weeks, in the meantime you should continue applying and attending interviews. This was what happened to me, they told me 4-6 weeks and it has been more than that so I will take it as I am not shortlisted.

At first, I wanted to wait it out but feel that this shouldn't be the case. You may be very interested but they may be uninterested.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:32 AM

Applied for a SB previously, verbal offer after 5 weeks of radio silence. Maybe some places just take longer

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167859)
What they ask you to submit? Mine is a checklist of forms and documents which includes the security form that looks exactly like the G50 i used to fill in before. I think it depends on the confidentiality level of work bah, some level or functions need to clear G50. But mine is just one formal interview with D and DD level. Not too sure if there is a 2nd one.

Sorry for the late response. Mine only standard like my resume, certs, payslip etc in addition to screening form and some appendix but no g50 or security forms. Maybe becos I'm not selected yet so no point asking me to fill up. Mine is two interviews. First is informal with DD and some team members i guesss, not very sure. Second is same DD, D and HR.

For your case, if your first is formal and already with D, unlikely theres another, especially so if HR is around in your first. Anyway, i find yours to be different from the "norm" here. Here means this thread. Aside from those associate programs, most comments i read here is 2 rounds of interview. Perhaps like you said, role and confidentiality of work is different.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167897)
Usually they will get back in less than a week.

Just move on

Some take longer. I read comments here some tmcom back months after

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167859)
What they ask you to submit? Mine is a checklist of forms and documents which includes the security form that looks exactly like the G50 i used to fill in before. I think it depends on the confidentiality level of work bah, some level or functions need to clear G50. But mine is just one formal interview with D and DD level. Not too sure if there is a 2nd one.

My post didnt show. Mine have a consent form and some appendix beside standard but no security or g50. Guess becos I'm not selected yet so no point asking me to fill up. Mine is two rounds, first is informal with DD, another formal with D, DD and HR. For your case, unlikely to have another round if D is present

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167920)
Applied for a SB previously, verbal offer after 5 weeks of radio silence. Maybe some places just take longer

When they verbal offer you, does it already come with salary package and destination role?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167926)
When they verbal offer you, does it already come with salary package and destination role?

Nope, but the package came 2 weeks later. And written offer in another 2 weeks.

So i guess, even if you dont hear anything in 1-2 weeks, don’t lose hope. Meanwhile, apply for other jobs to play safe also

applepiecherry 07-05-2021 02:27 PM

Hello, does anyone know if the civil svc/stat boards keep a track record of your applications in the past? Will they know if I rejected them in the past or something and take that into consideration in my current/future applications?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167927)

So i guess, even if you dont hear anything in 1-2 weeks, don’t lose hope. Meanwhile, apply for other jobs to play safe also

so the verbal offer entails only references check and medical questionaire?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167927)

For my case, HR call to inform will process my application and do reference checks.
When i ask is it consider verbal offer, being told its no not verbal offer. HR shared again, verbal offer will only be offer once the package is ready and mgmt approve.

So i guess different min/sb HR practice is different.