Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 232 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2311 (permalink)  
Old 16-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If the hiring manager say will get back by end of the week after meeting with other candidates means what?

Reply With Quote
  #2312 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At least HR called you 2 weeks after the first interview. I emailed HR and was ignored, only after i called then was told no update of status. Same as you im on the 4th week still no news.. i feel you too. The wait is really dreadful..
I finally got a call on the 5th week, sent a follow up email to HR after the call and got a conditional offer shortly. Gonna be another few more weeks of waiting for background checks... hope you get an update soon!

Reply With Quote
  #2313 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I finally got a call on the 5th week, sent a follow up email to HR after the call and got a conditional offer shortly. Gonna be another few more weeks of waiting for background checks... hope you get an update soon!
congrats to you! i hope mine will come soon too! dont mind if i ask, whats the agency you applied for and you received the conditional offer shortly after your 2nd interview?

Reply With Quote
  #2314 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
congrats to you! i hope mine will come soon too! dont mind if i ask, whats the agency you applied for and you received the conditional offer shortly after your 2nd interview?
I applied for AGD, itís a 2 year contract role. The 2nd interview was a really short call and less than half an hour I received a call from HR and email on the conditional offer.
Reply With Quote
  #2315 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for AGD, itís a 2 year contract role. The 2nd interview was a really short call and less than half an hour I received a call from HR and email on the conditional offer.
I see. hope the agency i applied for will get back to me soon. congrats on landing the job!
Reply With Quote
  #2316 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for AGD, itís a 2 year contract role. The 2nd interview was a really short call and less than half an hour I received a call from HR and email on the conditional offer.
Congrats in the getting the job!
The wait was not in vain.

For me now. I'm confused by the hr
First panel interviewers tell me results will be out by 2 weeks
Then hr say will be 2 to 3 months.

Talked to the panel hr again. And say they will check but likely will be more than 2 weeks.
Haiz. I in active job search so the plans very messy now.

Idk why no standardise comm between them
Reply With Quote

  #2317 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 01:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats in the getting the job!
The wait was not in vain.

For me now. I'm confused by the hr
First panel interviewers tell me results will be out by 2 weeks
Then hr say will be 2 to 3 months.

Talked to the panel hr again. And say they will check but likely will be more than 2 weeks.
Haiz. I in active job search so the plans very messy now.

Idk why no standardise comm between them
i understand how you feel. the panel told me result out in 1 week plus. and its been 5 weeks since my first interview, they still havent get back to me. im also caught in a bad position


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2318 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 02:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i understand how you feel. the panel told me result out in 1 week plus. and its been 5 weeks since my first interview, they still havent get back to me. im also caught in a bad position
I suggest you call or email them
I was feeling damn vex and confused due to all the hr mishaps. Multiple reference checks. Wrong interview emails. Sudden reject then in progress status.

This whole applications make me damn confused haha
I know many ppl say just wait.
But I'm always asking because it's just common courtesy to update and I just want to know the result. If its rejected I just want to stop worrying (ofcourse beggars can't be choosers)

hope all goes well soon. I already pushed or rejected job offer cause I'm. Hopeful for something but seem like its a futile wait

If its from 2 weeks to 2 to 3 month wait. Idk what to do for real le
Reply With Quote
  #2319 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 09:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I suggest you call or email them
I was feeling damn vex and confused due to all the hr mishaps. Multiple reference checks. Wrong interview emails. Sudden reject then in progress status.

This whole applications make me damn confused haha
I know many ppl say just wait.
But I'm always asking because it's just common courtesy to update and I just want to know the result. If its rejected I just want to stop worrying (ofcourse beggars can't be choosers)

hope all goes well soon. I already pushed or rejected job offer cause I'm. Hopeful for something but seem like its a futile wait

If its from 2 weeks to 2 to 3 month wait. Idk what to do for real le
Same here..i also rejected a offer and waiting for them to get back to me for 2nd interview. but still not update. email also get ignored. called already also say no update.

yes likewise as you, i also want an closure, accept or reject at least let us know, dont leave us hanging. hope all is well for both of us
Reply With Quote
  #2320 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same here..i also rejected a offer and waiting for them to get back to me for 2nd interview. but still not update. email also get ignored. called already also say no update.

yes likewise as you, i also want an closure, accept or reject at least let us know, dont leave us hanging. hope all is well for both of us
dont trust HR... if they want you, they are fast.. if they ask you wait, mean you are in their backup list..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021
6 Replies, 327 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,608 Replies, 3,079,509 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 46,199 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 259,636 Views
Looking for job referral,...
5 Replies, 476 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 2,471 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 35,877 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,628 Replies, 1,344,385 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 34,649 Views
Employment agency taking me to...
2 Replies, 102 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,164 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,878 Replies, 1,756,199 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,133,672 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 4,197 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
336 Replies, 114,548 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 4,880 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,407 Replies, 2,011,325 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,004 Replies, 1,145,696 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,714 Replies, 5,922,216 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,157 Replies, 1,334,213 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,462 Replies, 980,689 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 43,439 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 102,360 Views
Equity Research jobs
3 Replies, 340 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 815,265 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 280,703 Views
E-Reading apps for kids
2 Replies, 1,706 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2