Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 184 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1831 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, the template email they send to every applicant is:

"If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will be in touch with you within 8 weeks after the job application closes with more information. In the meantime, please track the status of your application on [email protected]"

8 weeks AFTER the job APPLICATION CLOSES. Some applications (cs / sb) are open for 2 to 3 months but it seems that some get shortlisted within a few days or a week of applying, way ahead of the application deadline. While many others have to keep guessing with their status remaining as 'submitted' or 'in process'.

Would be good if anyone from hr or knows people in cs / sb hr can help shed some light on the hiring practices, even if its likely to be quite varied. Until then, we can just assume that if there is no change in the status or calls 2 weeks after submitting our application, means there is no hope, because aome others have likely been shortlisted. Move on and apply for other jobs and agencies. Don't wait in vain for 8 weeks.

Those writing here, including me, are looking for a job in very difficult times. Unemployment is very high in sg, even for those from the big 3 unis. Those who can help with your insights and knowledge, please do. Those who are currently employed, be human by keeping sarcasm to yourself because those who are unemployed have mouths to feed, savings running out and high chance are very depressed over the hopelessness of the unemployment situation.
I feel the application status are not accurate and it varies for every ministry. Have applied for many different ministries and observed the inaccuracy. However there are few that are very fast in rejecting if they didn't want you, but I do appreciate them for not keeping me hanging.

Reply With Quote
  #1832 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi what is the hiring timeline for government agencies such as CNB, SPF and NEA? Do security clearance really take 3-4 months?!

Reply With Quote
  #1833 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2020, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looking for some advice here:

First time being jobless here after arriving back from overseas employment, and applied for several ministries / stat boards. After 2 weeks of submitting application, status is still "submitted", except for a few who almost instantly rejected (status "unsuccessful").

Do they usually take very long to decide? If they don't want to hire you will they definitely change the status to "unsuccessful", or will they just leave it as "submitted" forever?

Haven't went through a phase of unemployment before so I'm not sure how it's like... does feel like crap not having income though...

Reply With Quote
  #1834 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking for some advice here:

First time being jobless here after arriving back from overseas employment, and applied for several ministries / stat boards. After 2 weeks of submitting application, status is still "submitted", except for a few who almost instantly rejected (status "unsuccessful").

Do they usually take very long to decide? If they don't want to hire you will they definitely change the status to "unsuccessful", or will they just leave it as "submitted" forever?

Haven't went through a phase of unemployment before so I'm not sure how it's like... does feel like crap not having income though...
after 1 wk still 'submitted' means ur not shortlisted
Reply With Quote
  #1835 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

can anyone provide some advice?

after first interview with sb, director expressed interest in hiring me but there was a second round interview with director and hr. he gave me his contact and told me to contact him if i have any queries. however during the 2nd round interview last friday, the director was not there and i was told he was not part of the panel to make the hiring decision.

am i still being considered? it feels like in between the first and final interview, they decided to drop me and i had pinned all hopes on this position. should i msg the director and ask him about it?

pls help
Reply With Quote
  #1836 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can anyone provide some advice?

after first interview with sb, director expressed interest in hiring me but there was a second round interview with director and hr. he gave me his contact and told me to contact him if i have any queries. however during the 2nd round interview last friday, the director was not there and i was told he was not part of the panel to make the hiring decision.

am i still being considered? it feels like in between the first and final interview, they decided to drop me and i had pinned all hopes on this position. should i msg the director and ask him about it?

pls help
Definitely email him and asks him to offer you an employment.

You shouldn’t pin hopes on anything until the day you get the contract. You do know that you may fail health or security can fail the process too?
Reply With Quote

  #1837 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Definitely email him and asks him to offer you an employment.

You shouldn’t pin hopes on anything until the day you get the contract. You do know that you may fail health or security can fail the process too?
yes i'm aware but during the interview with the director, he was welcoming me to the team. i'm not afraid of failing health/security checks, just slightly worried about the director changing his mind. the change in the panel of interviewers already shocked me.

how do i ask in a way that doesn't sound too pushy? thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote
  #1838 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2020, 10:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes i'm aware but during the interview with the director, he was welcoming me to the team. i'm not afraid of failing health/security checks, just slightly worried about the director changing his mind. the change in the panel of interviewers already shocked me.

how do i ask in a way that doesn't sound too pushy? thanks for the reply.
just write to express your excitement to join the team and thank him for the opportunity, and see what he says? don't worry about making it pushy or awkward, if he is not offering you the role then you won't see him again, right?

i mean, you make it sound like the interview is over - so if the panel doesn't think you fit the team or role, do you think the director can veto it?
Reply With Quote
  #1839 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, would appreciate if someone could explain what is actually going on. So I just had a final round interview with a government agency over 3 weeks ago. More than 2 weeks ago, I got notified that they did a reference check with my previous organisation.

Till now there is no reply. And they told me that I will know the outcome 2 weeks after the final round interview.

Hope to hear your views on this...thanks so much.
Reply With Quote
  #1840 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes i'm aware but during the interview with the director, he was welcoming me to the team. i'm not afraid of failing health/security checks, just slightly worried about the director changing his mind. the change in the panel of interviewers already shocked me.

how do i ask in a way that doesn't sound too pushy? thanks for the reply.
Bro.. ur situation is simple.. baically the "director" u mentioned is not the big boss.... the big boss is the final interview u went to with the HR.. so if big boss say NO.. there is no way director can overwrite.. same like in uniform grp.. first interview with senior assistant director.. final interview will be with director or commander..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,784 Replies, 5,465,732 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 66,319 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,318 Replies, 237,650 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,225 Replies, 1,864,529 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,706 Replies, 1,256,705 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,773 Replies, 2,399,738 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,179 Replies, 883,157 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,583 Replies, 1,557,047 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 1,599 Views
Need career advice : quit 9 month... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,884 Views
E-Reading apps for kids
0 Replies, 23 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,023 Replies, 924,600 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,482 Replies, 750,711 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
9 Replies, 866 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
92 Replies, 12,649 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 114,440 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,840 Replies, 1,061,536 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
932 Replies, 742,269 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 535,763 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 49,276 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
3 Replies, 2,091 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
862 Replies, 439,705 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 143,341 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 275,937 Views
Applied Materials
0 Replies, 83 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,635 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 5,297 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,678 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,117 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,499 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2