Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 122 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1211 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MOE takes up to 6 months to sign teachers, Mindef takes 3 months min, cannot promise anything buddy.



Yes reference is usually the last stage. For ministry usually just formality since everybody sure arrange for BFF and rehearsed already. Sometimes they just want to see if u dare to put your ex boss because some people think burning bridges is something they waited a long time to do due to accumulated hatred.

Clearance can take 1-2 months buddy. Also wonder what they check. Private companies take under a week.
So reference check is done only after security clearance?

Reply With Quote
  #1212 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So reference check is done only after security clearance?
Usually is concurrent. How long can reference take man... Its just a call or sometimes email. It's the least of your worries. Be more worried about clearance such as financial embarrassment or criminal record in the family.

I think you are trying to predict how long more they may take. Give your mind a break, do something to take your mind off, this is something beyond your control or influence. Chill buddy. Keep applying jobs, assume the worst. I know it's easy to say hard to do... But really there's nothing u can do.

Reply With Quote
  #1213 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have done my reference check, medical and security clearance. How long do i have to wait for approval and signing?

Reply With Quote
  #1214 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my reference check, medical and security clearance. How long do i have to wait for approval and signing?
Did you sign up for some management/mass intake program. If you did it could be they process as a batch, so got to wait till the last one is settled.

Otherwise... Better to let others advise you. Maybe it's easier for others if u reveal what you signed up for.
Reply With Quote
  #1215 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you sign up for some management/mass intake program. If you did it could be they process as a batch, so got to wait till the last one is settled.

Otherwise... Better to let others advise you. Maybe it's easier for others if u reveal what you signed up for.
It is a HASE/Management Executive scheme under SPS - MHA
Reply With Quote
  #1216 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is a HASE/Management Executive scheme under SPS - MHA
HASE is a mass intake scheme. Just like banks signing management associate program.
Reply With Quote
  #1217 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SPS website's called it MX, so i assume its the same? Strange though, its been soooo long. Appointment approval is taking eons
Reply With Quote
  #1218 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Hi I have a question.

I received 2 provisional offers from 2 different stat boards. Basically, both called and say they want to offer and informed about the remuneration. I have to respond to my second-choice by this friday if I would like to accept the provisional offer, after which I will meet the director and receive the contract. This would all be done by next week.

But my first-choice says give them 2 weeks to settle the posting and paperwork etc.

Should I reject the 2nd-choice provisional offer or accept and then reject at the signing contract stage? But even if I accept 2nd choice now and reject next week, I still won't get the official contract for 1st choice by next week.

I know I want my 1st choice but I'm just scared that what if they suddenly rescind the offer. Is there any possibility of that happening in public sector?

Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1219 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I have a question.

I received 2 provisional offers from 2 different stat boards. Basically, both called and say they want to offer and informed about the remuneration. I have to respond to my second-choice by this friday if I would like to accept the provisional offer, after which I will meet the director and receive the contract. This would all be done by next week.

Verbal offer means nothing in the eyes of the law. They are simply trying to gauge your level of interest to this job. Some people they call may say they already found work. Besides, why are you meeting the director after the verbal offer? Usually the director is called in to be the tie breaker, there are two or three top candidates and the manager feels all are good. In simple English, you are still in danger, just express interest and chill.

But my first-choice says give them 2 weeks to settle the posting and paperwork etc.

Should I reject the 2nd-choice provisional offer or accept and then reject at the signing contract stage? But even if I accept 2nd choice now and reject next week, I still won't get the official contract for 1st choice by next week.

I know I want my 1st choice but I'm just scared that what if they suddenly rescind the offer. Is there any possibility of that happening in public sector?

possible to rescind... But my opinion is, just express interest for both. if your first choice offers you later on, just serve notice with the second choice employer. If need to pay liquidated damages, just pay. You call it first choice means... It will make you unhappy to let it go right.. Then don't let it go.

Negotiate both in isolation, don't play them against each other.

Very soft market, don't take chances, treat each opportunity like there's no alternative.


Thanks in advance!!!
Remember, all you owe them is notice period or liquidated damages if any. Any they don't owe you anything until you sign an unconditional employment contract-means nothing pending.
Reply With Quote
  #1220 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Just take all that comes by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I have a question.

I received 2 provisional offers from 2 different stat boards. Basically, both called and say they want to offer and informed about the remuneration. I have to respond to my second-choice by this friday if I would like to accept the provisional offer, after which I will meet the director and receive the contract. This would all be done by next week.

Verbal offer means nothing in the eyes of the law. They are simply trying to gauge your interest towards this job. Some people they call may say they already found work. Besides, why are you meeting the director after the verbal offer? Usually the director is called in to be the tie breaker, there are two or three top candidates and the manager feels all are good. In simple English, you are still in danger, just express interest and chill.

But my first-choice says give them 2 weeks to settle the posting and paperwork etc.

Should I reject the 2nd-choice provisional offer or accept and then reject at the signing contract stage? But even if I accept 2nd choice now and reject next week, I still won't get the official contract for 1st choice by next week.

I know I want my 1st choice but I'm just scared that what if they suddenly rescind the offer. Is there any possibility of that happening in public sector?

possible to rescind... But my opinion is, just express interest for both. if your first choice offers you later on, just serve notice with the second choice employer. If need to pay liquidated damages, just pay. You call it first choice means... It will make you unhappy to let it go right.. Then don't let it go.

Negotiate both in isolation, don't play them against each other.

Very soft market, don't take chances, treat each opportunity like there's no alternative.


Thanks in advance!!!
Remember, all you owe them is notice period or liquidated damages if any. Any they don't owe you anything until you sign an unconditional employment contract-means nothing pending.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 05:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 05:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 02:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 04:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 06:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,593 Replies, 978,385 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 8,839 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,770 Replies, 492,285 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,869 Replies, 2,114,656 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,754,183 Views
Salary Increment Rate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 233,830 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 20,331 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 47,593 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,943 Replies, 5,170,386 Views
working under singhealth ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 17,443 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,054 Replies, 1,387,402 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
764 Replies, 508,734 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 55,378 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 58,859 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 314,524 Views
Finding a job and your salary
9 Replies, 1,274 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 24,452 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,778 Replies, 834,574 Views
How difficult is it to change...
5 Replies, 754 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 90,355 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 71,602 Views
ExxonMobil 2020 Graduate Job...
3 Replies, 1,015 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
839 Replies, 420,601 Views
Advice Needed
3 Replies, 614 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 50,339 Views
Telcos in Singapore ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,038 Views
Exxonmobil Commercial Track ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 9,422 Views
GIC-Working Culture ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 29,135 Views
31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 24,887 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,134 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2