Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 165 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Old 13-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im done with g50 but contract signing and medical is 2 weeks later. However, i already tender and serving my 1 month notice with current company. Did I make a mistake? Nothing will go wrong right?
For your sake, I hope nothing goes wrong..

Old 13-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi all, been offered a role in MOE. Offered a salary close to the ceiling. Highly suspect that will get one time increment after that will hit ceiling. I wont have anymore increment till I get a promotion. Shall I take up the offer?.. worked in CS for 6 yrs before I quit to join private sector, been at current job for 1 year not used to not getting 3 times bonus a year..

Old 15-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi all, been offered a role in MOE. Offered a salary close to the ceiling. Highly suspect that will get one time increment after that will hit ceiling. I wont have anymore increment till I get a promotion. Shall I take up the offer?.. worked in CS for 6 yrs before I quit to join private sector, been at current job for 1 year not used to not getting 3 times bonus a year..

Hello, can i check how long it took for you to get a verbal offer after the interview? I applied for a role in MOE HQ 3 weeks back, and checked with the HR last week and they said its still pending interview outcome.

My views on your situation:

You need to think about how hard it is to get a promotion. For the current ministry i am in, there needs to be at least 2 Bs in 3 years to qualify to be considered for a promotion. Whether you get the promotion or not, its another story (CEP, the kind of estab you are sitting on). Try to compare your current role package to the MOE package in the next few years.

Old 17-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello, can i check how long it took for you to get a verbal offer after the interview? I applied for a role in MOE HQ 3 weeks back, and checked with the HR last week and they said its still pending interview outcome.

My views on your situation:

You need to think about how hard it is to get a promotion. For the current ministry i am in, there needs to be at least 2 Bs in 3 years to qualify to be considered for a promotion. Whether you get the promotion or not, its another story (CEP, the kind of estab you are sitting on). Try to compare your current role package to the MOE package in the next few years.
Interview wise quite long i would say cause there are first interview and second with the school.. after abt a month after the first interview then comes the second interview.. then about a week later after the second interview the verbal offer comes in.. now waiting to sign agreement and medical next week.
I tried nego to be emplaced on the next rank so that wont hit ceiling so fast.. but they say cannot.. like all of u know its either u take it or leave it at CS.

I decided to accept the offer as my current job cannot confirm if there are increment every year, like this year totally no increment.. at least CS if i hit ceiling there are surely bonuses.. same as my previous work in CS i do note that promotion only can get if get back to back B grade for PB.. which means if im really lucky.. earliest is 3 years after service.. the boss seems nice.. i just hope for the best.. i will see situation there.. basically in my 2nd yr there if i never get B can start looking at other job liao.. haha
Old 17-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Interview wise quite long i would say cause there are first interview and second with the school.. after abt a month after the first interview then comes the second interview.. then about a week later after the second interview the verbal offer comes in.. now waiting to sign agreement and medical next week.
I tried nego to be emplaced on the next rank so that wont hit ceiling so fast.. but they say cannot.. like all of u know its either u take it or leave it at CS.

I decided to accept the offer as my current job cannot confirm if there are increment every year, like this year totally no increment.. at least CS if i hit ceiling there are surely bonuses.. same as my previous work in CS i do note that promotion only can get if get back to back B grade for PB.. which means if im really lucky.. earliest is 3 years after service.. the boss seems nice.. i just hope for the best.. i will see situation there.. basically in my 2nd yr there if i never get B can start looking at other job liao.. haha

Thanks for replying!

Congrats and all the best for your new role !
Old 17-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

"Interview wise quite long i would say cause there are first interview and second with the school.. after abt a month after the first interview then comes the second interview.. then about a week later after the second interview the verbal offer comes in.. now waiting to sign agreement and medical next week.

I decided to accept the offer as my current job cannot confirm if there are increment every year, like this year totally no increment.. at least CS if i hit ceiling there are surely bonuses.. same as my previous work in CS i do note that promotion only can get if get back to back B grade for PB.. which means if im really lucky.. earliest is 3 years after service.. the boss seems nice.. i just hope for the best.. i will see situation there.. basically in my 2nd yr there if i never get B can start looking at other job liao.. haha"

May I ask which role was this for? Interviewed 3rd week of July, now awaiting update from HR. Called HR last week after 2 - 3 weeks, and was informed that application still being processed...and they'll take another 2 weeks.

Old 17-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Which role is this for? Been about a month since my first interview and moe hr also said that they're still processing my application, and will take another 1-2 weeks to inform me of the outcome...
Old 19-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation

I was told that my security clearnace in stat board takes 6 weeks. Is that normal and what do they check?
Old 23-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Nrf

Thanks all who have shed light on this topic.

Does anybody have information on or experiences with the National Research Foundation? If an application via Careers@Gov is unsuccessful, would the HR update the status accordingly or leave it in limbo?
Old 23-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Anyone with experience for polytechnic non-lecturer job interview?
Is it tough?
Going for one soon.