Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 18-02-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129108)
Hello all,

Would like to find out if the HR will send an email to notify you the outcome of the interview if you are rejected or no reply within 2 weeks implies the same?

May i know what position you interviewed for?

Unregistered 18-02-2020 10:19 PM

HR position

Hi for HR senior executive position with hr degree (pass only), fresh grad,can get 3k with dsta? (That is assuming the position is a degree level job)

My NS i was a Hr admin as well.

nezumi 19-02-2020 02:17 PM

Hi to any kind soul to enlighten me the Corporate Planning department (Quality Management System) team and the work culture in DSTA?

Unregistered 22-02-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFlueret (Post 127873)
Pardon me if I'm asking obvious questions as I'm quite ignorant in this area. Given that I'm a fresh grad who holds a private diploma & wants to find my first job, is it even possible to get called up for an interview under DSTA or even any public agencies by sending an email to them even though they didn't list any job offers online?

At this point, I wouldn't even mind requesting for an Internship.

And if more information matters, I graduate in Cyber Security & Forensics though IT security is my stronger suit. I also hold professional certs from EC-Council too as those were the additional modules in my course.

Appreciate any helpful replies.

No harm trying. Your skills are in hot demand now.

Unregistered 24-02-2020 05:11 PM

Anyone went campus interviews and got their offer / still waiting?

Unregistered 09-03-2020 02:37 PM

I received an offer for DSTA merit scholarship, 3 years sponsorship but bond capped at 2 years. Seems that people are saying if you join DSTA, your skills will be nontransferrable but that is mainly for the engineering side/roles. I am studying data science so does it seem reasonable to say that these concerns will not be there for me since data science done at dsta could be more outwards-transferrable than engineering? Also I know you obviously will get nowhere near FAANG renumeration, but is it even less than the median 5k starting for say, nus biz analytics?

Unregistered 26-04-2020 11:52 PM

Any opinions on joining DSTA system management?

Unregistered 27-04-2020 11:35 AM

Anybody applied for procurement this year and cleared the security check yet?

Unregistered 27-04-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129845)
I received an offer for DSTA merit scholarship, 3 years sponsorship but bond capped at 2 years. Seems that people are saying if you join DSTA, your skills will be nontransferrable but that is mainly for the engineering side/roles. I am studying data science so does it seem reasonable to say that these concerns will not be there for me since data science done at dsta could be more outwards-transferrable than engineering? Also I know you obviously will get nowhere near FAANG renumeration, but is it even less than the median 5k starting for say, nus biz analytics?

Hi, may I know why you said the skills is non transferrable for engineering side/roles if you are jumping to the new company given that both the companies belong to the same industry?

Unregistered 01-05-2020 06:45 PM

What is the typical career progression for procurement executive? i.e how long does it take to promote to the next position? And how are the increments in salary?