Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Pay of Software Engineer (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1879-pay-software-engineer.html)

hihiapolla 06-05-2012 09:29 AM

Pay of Software Engineer

Hi all,

I am newbie to this forum.

I am just curious whether how much should I paid.

Currently I am a software engineer in a SME. I am a Computer Engineering fresh grad from private university in Indonesia. My age is 22. I got experience in programming with various language for web development (C#.NET, PHP, JS) and familiar with system development language like C++, C. I also have experience in designing a system (including requirement analysis and database design).

How much should I get here? Thanks in advance for ur reply.

Unregistered 06-05-2012 01:46 PM

You are worth $450 a month. You need to put in 80 hours a week, 6.5 days work week. If interested, put your email address here and I will hook you up.

Unregistered 06-05-2012 09:56 PM

It's around 2.5k to 3k.

Unregistered 06-05-2012 11:26 PM

Why do u wanna come to Sg? Employers will only hire u over Singaporeans becos u are willing to accept a lower pay. So if your "private uni degree" is not recognised here, u will be paid probably 1.6k to 2k/mth. What are your expectations?

Unregistered 07-05-2012 10:15 AM

Alot of sarcastic comments towards foreign talents becos these Singaporeans are afraid of them coming over to snatch away their jobs...

Seen alot of Singaporeans unwilling to lower their salary expectations and put in extra effort/hours into their jobs, only know how to complain and not do anything to improve...

Well... like it or not.. the opprtunities in this country is open to anyone from anywhere to take... Be it a Singaporean or a foreigner.... opportunities only go to the most deserving individual based on his qualifications/work experiences/salary expectations/work attitude...

There should not be any bias for jobs just because the person is born here... Anyway, this country needs FT to progress.... The garment know this very well.... And considering the fact that so many locals still remain complacent about upgrading themselves... having the disgusting "I am a Singaporean" entitlement mentality.... soon the local workforce will be overrun by FT.... Just wait and see...

Sion3011 07-05-2012 12:40 PM

It will be a good pay for Software engineering. At least 1.8K. But Since you have so many experience, I guess you can get up to 2.5K.

hihiapolla 07-05-2012 11:16 PM

Thanks for all of your reply. At least I am clear here how much should I get paid and whether I am underpaid or not.

Unregistered 08-05-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24540)
Alot of sarcastic comments towards foreign talents becos these Singaporeans are afraid of them coming over to snatch away their jobs...

Seen alot of Singaporeans unwilling to lower their salary expectations and put in extra effort/hours into their jobs, only know how to complain and not do anything to improve...

Well... like it or not.. the opprtunities in this country is open to anyone from anywhere to take... Be it a Singaporean or a foreigner.... opportunities only go to the most deserving individual based on his qualifications/work experiences/salary expectations/work attitude...

There should not be any bias for jobs just because the person is born here... Anyway, this country needs FT to progress.... The garment know this very well.... And considering the fact that so many locals still remain complacent about upgrading themselves... having the disgusting "I am a Singaporean" entitlement mentality.... soon the local workforce will be overrun by FT.... Just wait and see...

Are you a simpleton or what? How to compete on a level playing field when Singaporean males have to waste time on NS and reservist? And what about the rampant age discrimination? There are real concerns which should be addressed before we even talk about competing based on merit.

Anyways, I find it pointless to debate with you as you are too shallow and not worth my time. Period.

Unregistered 08-05-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24566)
Are you a simpleton or what? How to compete on a level playing field when Singaporean males have to waste time on NS and reservist? And what about the rampant age discrimination? There are real concerns which should be addressed before we even talk about competing based on merit.

Anyways, I find it pointless to debate with you as you are too shallow and not worth my time. Period.

You are so pathetic. Do you intend to tell your children that you cannot make it in life and in Singapore because you have to do NS and reservist?

Go ahead, just keep complaining about the govt. The real problem our govt had created is creating too good of a life for all these spoiled Singaporean who grow up thinking that they deserve better things and better lives than everyone else living in this planet!

Might as well complain that you were not born to rich parents. Sad!

Unregistered 08-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24574)
You are so pathetic. Do you intend to tell your children that you cannot make it in life and in Singapore because you have to do NS and reservist?

Go ahead, just keep complaining about the govt. The real problem our govt had created is creating too good of a life for all these spoiled Singaporean who grow up thinking that they deserve better things and better lives than everyone else living in this planet!

Might as well complain that you were not born to rich parents. Sad!

The real problem is that the government has created traitors like you who will only put down Singaporeans. Fortunately, you are a dying breed. If you are too good for Singaporeans, why don't you get out of here? I will gladly pay for your one way air ticket.