Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Keppel fels job !! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1861-keppel-fels-job.html)

financepil 19-04-2012 11:03 AM

Keppel fels job !!

Hello ppl ,

I know this question would have been asked many times . Just to clarify is superindent job considered as a degree level job in keppel fels ? How much should I look forward I I want to get in as a superindent ?

financepil 19-04-2012 11:04 AM

Is there any difference between superindent ad commissioning engineer ? I mean career ladder wise ??

Unregistered 19-04-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by financepil (Post 24002)
Is there any difference between superindent ad commissioning engineer ? I mean career ladder wise ??

Most superitendents belong to the professional stream, engineers are exec/management stream. Sometimes ppl jump between streams.

What is your grade?

financepil 19-04-2012 12:37 PM

Yet to know my grade but I thought engineers are called as superindent in Keppel Fels.

So What you mean by professional stream ?? So aint Superindent equivalent to engineer ??

Thnaks

financepil 19-04-2012 12:40 PM

Im a recent mechanical engineering grad !

Unregistered 19-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by financepil (Post 24011)
Yet to know my grade but I thought engineers are called as superindent in Keppel Fels.

So What you mean by professional stream ?? So aint Superindent equivalent to engineer ??

Thnaks

Salary and rank wise superitendent = engineer, but I think career plan different depending on stream.

But ppl jump around stream all the time, so very confusing also. You can tell which stream from the grade.

PS - Left Kep 4 yrs ago, things might have change

financepil 19-04-2012 01:59 PM

wow yo are the perfect person then !!

I do have 5 years of electronics troubleshooting experience n got ma grad cert recently.How much is the base salary keppel offer ?? and what do you thinkl about production superindent job role ??

Unregistered 19-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by financepil (Post 24016)
wow yo are the perfect person then !!

I do have 5 years of electronics troubleshooting experience n got ma grad cert recently.How much is the base salary keppel offer ?? and what do you thinkl about production superindent job role ??

from what I know in 2007,

male with NS with 2nd upper only getting $2.9k starting!!!!

Unregistered 21-04-2012 12:59 AM

How's the work there?

I have a lot of mech eng schoolmates going keppel.

financepil 21-04-2012 07:06 AM

Ask your friends to go prepared cos they are asking a lot of mechanical related questions than general and the interview is very fast :)

garza 21-04-2012 08:36 PM

i would like to work

i am a mechanical engineer (BE-mech)but i have no experience .please tell me would i work in Keppel Fels sg?

Unregistered 26-07-2013 12:16 AM

Keppel energy interview

ok trying to dig up a new thread here...

can anyone tell me how long does keppel take to notify interviewees on interview outcome?

Unregistered 26-07-2013 10:05 AM

Hi

Well it wouldn't tak more than 2 weeks . They called me with in a week

jobhunter1234 24-10-2013 11:55 AM

Starting salary for fresh graduates officer

Hi,

Anyone has any idea what is the salary range for fresh graduates office executive?

TIA

Unregistered 24-10-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 44373)
Hi,

Anyone has any idea what is the salary range for fresh graduates office executive?

TIA

$3850 for local honors

jobhunter1234 30-10-2013 10:28 PM

Will all fresh graduates be put into the management trainee scheme?

Unregistered 30-10-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 44688)
Will all fresh graduates be put into the management trainee scheme?

tell us u ask jokingly pls. in any case, u like that ask cfm not qualified alr

jobhunter1234 30-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44692)
tell us u ask jokingly pls. in any case, u like that ask cfm not qualified alr

Dun like that leh. I was looking at the brochure and apparently they are willing to take in even 2nd lower and 3rd class hons. I'm just wondering if there is a general hiring route aside from the management trainee scheme.

Unregistered 30-10-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 44693)
Dun like that leh. I was looking at the brochure and apparently they are willing to take in even 2nd lower and 3rd class hons. I'm just wondering if there is a general hiring route aside from the management trainee scheme.

anything is possible if you can prove your worth.

jobhunter1234 30-10-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44694)
anything is possible if you can prove your worth.

Hmm..thanks for the input. Mind sharing if you are an insider? Your inputs will definitely help future job seekers by providing them with useful info.

I have a few questions:

1. Meaning fresh graduates can be hired via general hiring or the MTS. So, not all fresh graduates will enter the coy thru MTS, but only the selected applicants?

2. What is the number of intake for MTS?

Unregistered 30-10-2013 11:45 PM

Management trainee/associate programme at any big name companies only takes in a handful of people. Usually looking for good academic and non-academic results/records. Of one of the two if u're proven really strong in that area. So if you're just an average performer, dont waste your time applying. You will just end up disappointed like me..

jobhunter1234 30-10-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44698)
Management trainee/associate programme at any big name companies only takes in a handful of people. Usually looking for good academic and non-academic results/records. Of one of the two if u're proven really strong in that area. So if you're just an average performer, dont waste your time applying. You will just end up disappointed like me..

Thanks for the input :) Don't be disappointed, at least you have tried. You never know, perhaps they might just call you down one day. All the best!

Unregistered 08-11-2013 05:14 PM

I'm also keen to know about keppel fels Management trainee scheme. Is it just a normal entry level job or is it a genuine prestigious graduate programme. Hope to hear some on who has been thru the programme or is currently an insider.

TIA

Unregistered 10-11-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45053)
I'm also keen to know about keppel fels Management trainee scheme. Is it just a normal entry level job or is it a genuine prestigious graduate programme. Hope to hear some on who has been thru the programme or is currently an insider.

TIA

Long time since I went for the interview. Dunno how much they offering now for fresh graduates.

Urbanforest 26-04-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45053)

TIA

Basically all graduates joining Keppel are under this management trainee scheme so don't consider it special. The sun, dust, dirt, noise, vulgarities and 6-7 day weeks is the norm. The turnover rates among graduates are known to be high.

Unregistered 26-04-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbanforest (Post 50876)
Basically all graduates joining Keppel are under this management trainee scheme so don't consider it special. The sun, dust, dirt, noise, vulgarities and 6-7 day weeks is the norm. The turnover rates among graduates are known to be high.

I second that. Dust dirt sun are nth when u look at the level of danger that comes with the job.