Waiting for medical checkup and employment letter - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Waiting for medical checkup and employment letter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
yuyyder is on a distinguished road
Default Waiting for medical checkup and employment letter

I went for two rounds of interview (1st round with 2 managers, 2nd round with ceo and a vp). I received a call 2 days after the 2nd round from the HR manager for a verbal offer.

I accepted their offer a few days later and they mentioned they have to send me for a medical checkup first. It has been 2 weeks since and I have yet to receive anything on how to go for the medical checkup or the employment letter. I sent an email last week and they said they will get back to me by the end of the week.

I am kinda worried now. Is the job offer still there ? and why is it taking so long ?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Barlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyyder View Post
I went for two rounds of interview (1st round with 2 managers, 2nd round with ceo and a vp). I received a call 2 days after the 2nd round from the HR manager for a verbal offer.

I accepted their offer a few days later and they mentioned they have to send me for a medical checkup first. It has been 2 weeks since and I have yet to receive anything on how to go for the medical checkup or the employment letter. I sent an email last week and they said they will get back to me by the end of the week.

I am kinda worried now. Is the job offer still there ? and why is it taking so long ?
TBH your "offer" sounds suspicious.

What is your experience and salary they are offering you? Given that 2 mgrs, 1 vp,1 CEO interview you, I would have thought it must be a snr management role, but then such positions dont do medical check up or nonsense like HR give "verbal offer".

Your interview process sounds like interviewing snr level mgt (i.e. >20k jobs) but the subsequent admin maciam like factory operator or contract clerk...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlett View Post
TBH your "offer" sounds suspicious.

What is your experience and salary they are offering you? Given that 2 mgrs, 1 vp,1 CEO interview you, I would have thought it must be a snr management role, but then such positions dont do medical check up or nonsense like HR give "verbal offer".

Your interview process sounds like interviewing snr level mgt (i.e. >20k jobs) but the subsequent admin maciam like factory operator or contract clerk...
don't scare TS la...

it's not uncommon for senior management (even head of the organization) to conduct the 2nd round interview even for junior staff, especially if the organization is not very big; or managers (using the HR manager and dept manager) to conduct the first.

and pre-employment medical checkups are the norm for most companies that are reputable enough? it's part of the employment process, really.

but i have to agree that they are really slow in processing the offer. usually, most companies will ask the candidate to go to the organization to sign the contract within a week or so and from there they will provide you with details to go about the med check.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
don't scare TS la...

it's not uncommon for senior management (even head of the organization) to conduct the 2nd round interview even for junior staff, especially if the organization is not very big; or managers (using the HR manager and dept manager) to conduct the first.

and pre-employment medical checkups are the norm for most companies that are reputable enough? it's part of the employment process, really.

but i have to agree that they are really slow in processing the offer. usually, most companies will ask the candidate to go to the organization to sign the contract within a week or so and from there they will provide you with details to go about the med check.
I'm not trying to scare him, maybe like you say the co is a small business with inflated titles. But under normal sizable local or MNC companies, the CEO won't even care who you are much less interview you if its just a junior job, so I thought should be quite senior job.

For a VP to interview already imply quite high level like mid to mid high level. Many companies already dun do medical check at this sort of level. Then add to the bochap attitude of the HR, base on my exp something's not right.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9
reavervon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyyder View Post
I went for two rounds of interview (1st round with 2 managers, 2nd round with ceo and a vp). I received a call 2 days after the 2nd round from the HR manager for a verbal offer.

I accepted their offer a few days later and they mentioned they have to send me for a medical checkup first. It has been 2 weeks since and I have yet to receive anything on how to go for the medical checkup or the employment letter. I sent an email last week and they said they will get back to me by the end of the week.

I am kinda worried now. Is the job offer still there ? and why is it taking so long ?
TS, i waited for more than 3 weeks to sign the employment contract after they confirmed verbally with me. I havent started work though, hopefully nothing will go wrong.

if you are worried then you shld just give them a call again. They shouldnt keep you on hold for too long.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
yuyyder is on a distinguished road
Default

thx reavervon. the response i get range from 1 - 4 weeks. Its a local mnc for senior staff post. I sent an email last week and reply was will get back by end of the week. Hence i was worried. will call next week to check.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyyder View Post
thx reavervon. the response i get range from 1 - 4 weeks. Its a local mnc for senior staff post. I sent an email last week and reply was will get back by end of the week. Hence i was worried. will call next week to check.
When you say senior is how senior? Local MNC as in GLC G level staff?

If it really is an G level position, I can guarantee you there is no such thing as verbal offer, medical check up or nonsense like HR bochap MIA for weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
yuyyder is on a distinguished road
Default

ok just called. they are sending the med by today and ill receive the loa by mail this few days.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When you say senior is how senior? Local MNC as in GLC G level staff?

If it really is an G level position, I can guarantee you there is no such thing as verbal offer, medical check up or nonsense like HR bochap MIA for weeks.
what is ur guarantee base on ? I can guarantee i am getting 10k salary. lol
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When you say senior is how senior? Local MNC as in GLC G level staff?

If it really is an G level position, I can guarantee you there is no such thing as verbal offer, medical check up or nonsense like HR bochap MIA for weeks.
Dont need G, I am M2 already there is no med check. Only N & E graders & those >50 need to do med.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Executive role at Raffles medical redheels Income and Jobs 0 25-03-2012 08:04 PM
SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa - draft resignation letter BOT General Discussions 0 16-12-2011 10:52 PM
when you quit how many days do you work after you submit the letter? miwashi Income and Jobs 3 27-04-2011 11:30 AM
Is Medical Allowance Cpf Payable or Taxable? BobbyJ Income and Jobs 1 28-12-2010 05:32 PM
MEDICAL SALES EXECUTIVE (Industry: Biopharma) techsearch Marketplace and Find Work 0 07-10-2010 10:52 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,329 Replies, 1,385,700 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,071 Replies, 267,804 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,949 Replies, 1,807,848 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
478 Replies, 344,301 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 67,938 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 7,684 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,849 Replies, 968,098 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 137,909 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,327 Replies, 4,819,004 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 110,341 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 651 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 171,913 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 100,776 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
818 Replies, 220,687 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 68,071 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 44,135 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 106,243 Views
JTC (Jurong Town Corporation) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 40,211 Views
Need advice - local bank or bulge... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 1,472 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,905 Replies, 1,458,712 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,389 Replies, 605,927 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,033 Replies, 755,198 Views
architecture graduate - go hdb or...
5 Replies, 1,524 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 18,675 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,104 Replies, 550,272 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,876 Replies, 628,146 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,720 Replies, 7,479,629 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,200 Replies, 2,591,589 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,148 Replies, 1,718,076 Views
FDM - Technical Graduate Program
2 Replies, 1,065 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2