Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Waiting for medical checkup and employment letter (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1853-waiting-medical-checkup-employment-letter.html)

yuyyder 14-04-2012 03:57 PM

Waiting for medical checkup and employment letter

I went for two rounds of interview (1st round with 2 managers, 2nd round with ceo and a vp). I received a call 2 days after the 2nd round from the HR manager for a verbal offer.

I accepted their offer a few days later and they mentioned they have to send me for a medical checkup first. It has been 2 weeks since and I have yet to receive anything on how to go for the medical checkup or the employment letter. I sent an email last week and they said they will get back to me by the end of the week.

I am kinda worried now. Is the job offer still there ? and why is it taking so long ?

Barlett 15-04-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuyyder (Post 23819)
I went for two rounds of interview (1st round with 2 managers, 2nd round with ceo and a vp). I received a call 2 days after the 2nd round from the HR manager for a verbal offer.

I accepted their offer a few days later and they mentioned they have to send me for a medical checkup first. It has been 2 weeks since and I have yet to receive anything on how to go for the medical checkup or the employment letter. I sent an email last week and they said they will get back to me by the end of the week.

I am kinda worried now. Is the job offer still there ? and why is it taking so long ?

TBH your "offer" sounds suspicious.

What is your experience and salary they are offering you? Given that 2 mgrs, 1 vp,1 CEO interview you, I would have thought it must be a snr management role, but then such positions dont do medical check up or nonsense like HR give "verbal offer".

Your interview process sounds like interviewing snr level mgt (i.e. >20k jobs) but the subsequent admin maciam like factory operator or contract clerk...

Unregistered 15-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlett (Post 23866)
TBH your "offer" sounds suspicious.

What is your experience and salary they are offering you? Given that 2 mgrs, 1 vp,1 CEO interview you, I would have thought it must be a snr management role, but then such positions dont do medical check up or nonsense like HR give "verbal offer".

Your interview process sounds like interviewing snr level mgt (i.e. >20k jobs) but the subsequent admin maciam like factory operator or contract clerk...

don't scare TS la...

it's not uncommon for senior management (even head of the organization) to conduct the 2nd round interview even for junior staff, especially if the organization is not very big; or managers (using the HR manager and dept manager) to conduct the first.

and pre-employment medical checkups are the norm for most companies that are reputable enough? it's part of the employment process, really.

but i have to agree that they are really slow in processing the offer. usually, most companies will ask the candidate to go to the organization to sign the contract within a week or so and from there they will provide you with details to go about the med check.

Unregistered 15-04-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23867)
don't scare TS la...

it's not uncommon for senior management (even head of the organization) to conduct the 2nd round interview even for junior staff, especially if the organization is not very big; or managers (using the HR manager and dept manager) to conduct the first.

and pre-employment medical checkups are the norm for most companies that are reputable enough? it's part of the employment process, really.

but i have to agree that they are really slow in processing the offer. usually, most companies will ask the candidate to go to the organization to sign the contract within a week or so and from there they will provide you with details to go about the med check.

I'm not trying to scare him, maybe like you say the co is a small business with inflated titles. But under normal sizable local or MNC companies, the CEO won't even care who you are much less interview you if its just a junior job, so I thought should be quite senior job.

For a VP to interview already imply quite high level like mid to mid high level. Many companies already dun do medical check at this sort of level. Then add to the bochap attitude of the HR, base on my exp something's not right.

reavervon 15-04-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuyyder (Post 23819)

TS, i waited for more than 3 weeks to sign the employment contract after they confirmed verbally with me. I havent started work though, hopefully nothing will go wrong.

if you are worried then you shld just give them a call again. They shouldnt keep you on hold for too long.

yuyyder 15-04-2012 11:28 PM

thx reavervon. the response i get range from 1 - 4 weeks. Its a local mnc for senior staff post. I sent an email last week and reply was will get back by end of the week. Hence i was worried. will call next week to check.

Unregistered 16-04-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuyyder (Post 23884)
thx reavervon. the response i get range from 1 - 4 weeks. Its a local mnc for senior staff post. I sent an email last week and reply was will get back by end of the week. Hence i was worried. will call next week to check.

When you say senior is how senior? Local MNC as in GLC G level staff?

If it really is an G level position, I can guarantee you there is no such thing as verbal offer, medical check up or nonsense like HR bochap MIA for weeks.

yuyyder 16-04-2012 02:18 PM

ok just called. they are sending the med by today and ill receive the loa by mail this few days.

Unregistered 17-04-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23889)

If it really is an G level position, I can guarantee you there is no such thing as verbal offer, medical check up or nonsense like HR bochap MIA for weeks.

what is ur guarantee base on ? I can guarantee i am getting 10k salary. lol

Unregistered 17-04-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23889)

Dont need G, I am M2 already there is no med check. Only N & E graders & those >50 need to do med.