Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Advice need-Career switch to spf (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1835-advice-need-career-switch-singapore-police-force.html)

sebeisuay 08-04-2012 10:21 PM

Advice need-Career switch to spf

Hi,

Anyone can advise if I was to make a career switch to SPF under the senior police officer scheme. Will they put me under the entry level(inspector) or will they take into account my work experience?

Details: 32 yr old male, graduate,

Thanks

Unregistered 08-04-2012 11:38 PM

aiyo...u never even indicate what's your past work exp like since grad..how would ppl
know if it's relevant rite..and u're applying to become senior police officer/inspector..sorry if i sound rude..

Unregistered 08-04-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebeisuay (Post 23490)
Hi,

Anyone can advise if I was to make a career switch to SPF under the senior police officer scheme. Will they put me under the entry level(inspector) or will they take into account my work experience?

Details: 32 yr old male, graduate,

Thanks

the SPF website will answer your questions: Insp or ASP, depends on your Hons (if any)

sebeisuay 09-04-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23493)
the SPF website will answer your questions: Insp or ASP, depends on your Hons (if any)

The SPF website only mentions about those who join without work experience and base the entry on your Hons.

sebeisuay 09-04-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23492)
aiyo...u never even indicate what's your past work exp like since grad..how would ppl
know if it's relevant rite..and u're applying to become senior police officer/inspector..sorry if i sound rude..

So you know for a fact IF work exp is relevant, it will be direct entry to ASP rather than INSP? If you font know for a fact dont waste time replying with your smart remarks

Unregistered 09-04-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebeisuay (Post 23498)
So you know for a fact IF work exp is relevant, it will be direct entry to ASP rather than INSP? If you font know for a fact dont waste time replying with your smart remarks

So what is your work experience?

How to answer if you keep beating around the bush?

Jurist 28-11-2012 05:48 PM

Hi Ya!

Dear friend,

The entry is based on your classification. One comes in as an ASP(1) for one with at least a 2nd Upper Honours. Any classification below that, one would have to come in with the rank of Inspector (1). They do not really take into account of your working experience when one talks about rank entry level. They may be increments for your relevant work experience (if any).

My advise - if you have a family, particularly with kids, think twice. Be prepared to work extremely long hours. Its mentally and physically taxing.

Unregistered 28-11-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurist (Post 31002)
Dear friend,

The entry is based on your classification. One comes in as an ASP(1) for one with at least a 2nd Upper Honours. Any classification below that, one would have to come in with the rank of Inspector (1). They do not really take into account of your working experience when one talks about rank entry level. They may be increments for your relevant work experience (if any).

My advise - if you have a family, particularly with kids, think twice. Be prepared to work extremely long hours. Its mentally and physically taxing.

The TS was last spotted 7 months ago in April...

Unregistered 03-12-2012 04:55 PM

depend on degree result one