Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   That gahment sector-wide one-time pay increment in March 2012? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1817-gahment-sector-wide-one-time-pay-increment-march-2012-a.html)

miwashi 28-03-2012 01:27 PM

That gahment sector-wide one-time pay increment in March 2012?

I was wondering if this pay increase applies to all organizations that decide to follow it and is not constrained by any other factors.

What I mean is, it is not a merit increment but rather a pay adjustment, so will everyone get it? Does performance appraisal grading have any bearing on whether you will get it or not?

Bean 28-03-2012 03:03 PM

i tot in Feb civil servant(those working in ministry) got wage adjustment already?

MSO = +15%
MX12/MX11 = +10%
MX10 = +5%

That gahment sector-wide one-time pay increment in March 2012?>>>>where didi you get this info from???

miwashi 28-03-2012 03:32 PM

yah
I'm talking about that one

does everyone get it regardless of the performance appraisal grade?

Bean 28-03-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 22996)
yah
I'm talking about that one

does everyone get it regardless of the performance appraisal grade?

yes everyone will get that!!! except MX9 and above....

but you from grass-cutting statboard....

Statboard will not get it!!!

only ministry will get that!!!

miwashi 28-03-2012 04:34 PM

My bosses screwed me over big time by giving me a D grade after all those night meetings and hot walks in the sun.

I checked with my HR side, and found out

D grade = no performance bonus, no merit increment, and according to HR, also no entitlement to the 10% pay adjustment.

In other words I got nothing.

I have to get out of this rubbish dump. Why give them so much unseen effort and do things behind the scenes while their scholars get all the credit?

Bean 28-03-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 22999)
My bosses screwed me over big time by giving me a D grade after all those night meetings and hot walks in the sun.

I checked with my HR side, and found out

D grade = no performance bonus, no merit increment, and according to HR, also no entitlement to the 10% pay adjustment.

In other words I got nothing.

I have to get out of this rubbish dump. Why give them so much unseen effort and do things behind the scenes while their scholars get all the credit?

D grade = no performance bonus, no merit increment
-this one I agree

according to HR, also no entitlement to the 10% pay adjustment
-this one I dun agree, pay adjustment should be entitle to everyone, and is not dependent to individual performance!!

miwashi 28-03-2012 05:21 PM

well, I called up my HR and that's what they said... D and E graders are not entitled to the 10% adjustment.

It's a stat board so I guess they can make up all kinds of their own rules.

I hope I can get an offer soon. I wasted 6 years of my life in a rubbish dump.

Unregistered 28-03-2012 06:21 PM

So now it is the stat board turn to get the adjustment?

Unregistered 28-03-2012 07:43 PM

What Bean has mentioned in ALL his postings in this thread, are true & accurate.

I just want to specifically point out that the thing about D graders not getting the government wide market adjustment is not reasonable. If it is indeed true, something extraordinary must have happened. Perhaps someone along the chain intercepted and halt the increment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 23004)
well, I called up my HR and that's what they said... D and E graders are not entitled to the 10% adjustment.

Unregistered 28-03-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 23004)

If your organization is a rubbish dump?
Then what does that make you?
Rubbish??
No wonder you are only good for cutting grass....