Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

pelandok 14-03-2012 08:51 PM

HDB (under MND)

Hi, is there anyone here who is currently working in HDB? I would like to find out what is the working culture and work load like, especially in the HR side.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Cheers

Bean 14-03-2012 09:07 PM

I also interested about HDB.

Can someone provide more info on the starting salary with NS(2nd lower to 1st class)

Assume some join HDB as fresh grad @$3500...then 5 years down the road, how much will be his salary?

How much is the annual package? Got 16 months (inclusive AWS)??

Unregistered 15-03-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22308)

Can someone provide more info on the starting salary with NS(2nd lower to 1st class)

Assume some join HDB as fresh grad @$3500...then 5 years down the road, how much will be his salary?

I heard HDB HR don't like losers like you

Unregistered 15-03-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22308)

Maybe $3.6k.

Bean 15-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22325)
I heard HDB HR don't like losers like you

why asking a question is loser? It would better to know how much are they going to compensate you beforehand, before you go apply the job right...

it is pointless to go thru assessment test,2-3 round interview, in the end they give you a lousy offer of the job you apply, in the end you rejected the offer...waste my time and the interviewer time......

Bean 15-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22329)
Maybe $3.6k.

LOL after 5 years only +100 increment??:confused:

Unregistered 15-03-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelandok (Post 22305)
Hi, is there anyone here who is currently working in HDB? I would like to find out what is the working culture and work load like, especially in the HR side.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Cheers

HDB is one of the most "civil service" organization around, probably only CPF more power than them.

There is no HR department in HDB, their HR is just a renamed Administration & Manpower department. The department is >90% admin ladies who are there to pass time.

Bean 15-03-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22344)
HDB is one of the most "civil service" organization around, probably only CPF more power than them.

There is no HR department in HDB, their HR is just a renamed Administration & Manpower department. The department is >90% admin ladies who are there to pass time.

LOL.......really ah???

Unregistered 15-03-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22344)

Yea, if i am not wrong their HR belongs to the corporate development section. Anyway, it sounds like you have some insights to the department. Any idea how is the work load like/peak period like? Heard that pace is pretty quick there but not sure how true is that.

Unregistered 15-03-2012 05:53 PM

LOL. Pace is pretty quick when compared to CPF?

Dead water department filled with people with no career aspiration at all. Recently someone high up tried to push for modernization and many old birds not happy, but then honestly when the whole department consist of family ladies who are content to take it easy until retirement, what can anyone do?

It’s not like they can fire them… You give them low ratings, increments & bonus they also bochap.

Even if they succeed to transform the department, at most it will still be on par as stat board, definitely in terms of pace, creativity and dynamic is still far cry from private companies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22354)
Yea, if i am not wrong their HR belongs to the corporate development section. Anyway, it sounds like you have some insights to the department. Any idea how is the work load like/peak period like? Heard that pace is pretty quick there but not sure how true is that.