Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

pelandok 17-03-2012 10:42 PM

On a different note, any idea if HDB is/have implemented any wage adjustment this year?

Unregistered 15-07-2012 07:14 PM

Accountant in HDB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22388)
OT very rare as far as I can tell, maybe only peak period I see some of them hanging around. Even then, I’ve never seen anyone really stay beyond 8pm. Turnover definitely much lower than outside.

It’s pretty standard stuff they handle, just think of it as an administrator job, the usual things like looking after employment contracts, tending to queries, organizing welfare events, conduct interview etc. Like I mention earlier, it’s not really HR, more like admin department.

Of course they still have occasional fresh grads or <30s coming in, but the point is not they are old or young, it’s just that even with fresh grads, do you think a progressive & ambitious fresh grad will come and work as an administrator in a civil service environment? The culture & recruitment process already serve as auto filter to make sure only those who fit the mould will join regardless of age

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Hi,

Thanks for the insight =)

May I know if you might have any idea on the prospect of an accountant in HDB or the working culture in the Accounting / Finance dept?

Kind regards

Unregistered 11-07-2013 11:19 PM

HR department works very long hours, usually till 9pm is the norm. Peak period can mean just two hours of sleep and working 7/24. No time off, no OT pay because the boss said this is part of work. Expect phone calls from office between 7.30pm to 9pm on a daily basis and boss like to ask "can you amend now", "you not in office then is your notebook with you?" Too busy for your family, too bad. You end up wondering why you are there and if possible will end up leaving. Phone calls and text messages from boss on weekends and PH is very common.

Unregistered 11-07-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39802)
HR department works very long hours, usually till 9pm is the norm. Peak period can mean just two hours of sleep and working 7/24. No time off, no OT pay because the boss said this is part of work. Expect phone calls from office between 7.30pm to 9pm on a daily basis and boss like to ask "can you amend now", "you not in office then is your notebook with you?" Too busy for your family, too bad. You end up wondering why you are there and if possible will end up leaving. Phone calls and text messages from boss on weekends and PH is very common.

Your HR department is definitely not the norm. I suspect it's a star board. Am I right?

icy water 22-07-2013 10:30 PM

work in HR also work until so xiong might as well work elsewhere

Unregistered 19-10-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39802)

the website says so much about work-life balance and family-oriented environment so very surprised by your story.

how about IT department.. is it equally bad?

Unregistered 28-01-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44038)
the website says so much about work-life balance and family-oriented environment so very surprised by your story.

how about IT department.. is it equally bad?

Their IT department also pretty bad. On call at times and some work on shifts and they have a large pool of contract programmers from other Asian countries.

Ecstasy 13-06-2014 11:28 AM

How often does the customer service side (estate manager) get pay increments?

Is there no opportunity in that department for promotions or job rotations?

Unregistered 24-06-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecstasy (Post 52322)
How often does the customer service side (estate manager) get pay increments?

Is there no opportunity in that department for promotions or job rotations?

Bump! 10char

Unregistered 31-07-2014 09:26 PM

Went for HDB interview, how long does it take to reply the result?