Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 13-08-2022 02:51 AM

Sorry if I seem oblivious, but why do you guys think Micron has high turnover rate? Also is this attrition rate the same for most departments?

Thanks!!!

Unregistered 13-08-2022 08:27 AM

Because the WLB fking sucks and pay is also garbage. There's so many better companies out there that have the same barrier to entry....

Study abit more, prep abit more and you can get in better places so it's clear why people quit.

Unregistered 13-08-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228042)
Sorry if I seem oblivious, but why do you guys think Micron has high turnover rate? Also is this attrition rate the same for most departments?

Thanks!!!

The reason I left sometimes ago was terrible work life balance and the pay was not good enough to justify for the amount of overtime that I need to spend to get the work done.

Unregistered 13-08-2022 05:23 PM

Quote:

Thanks!!!

got a friend who quit last month, he worked there for 9 months only. he was quite miserable, everytime i play games with him and talk to him on discord he complain about work.

Unregistered 13-08-2022 05:40 PM

so many strawberries... 5k start for fresh grads and if includes OT already getting 6k+.
Thats for fresh grads mind you.
nowadays strawberries want high pay but cannot take the long hours.

if give them 3.5k but no OT also will complain low pay.
expecting to get 10k for fresh grads ?

Unregistered 13-08-2022 11:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Yeah because micron pays 5k for freshers and there's plenty of fresher roles that pay above 5.5k now with significantly better WLB and younger / more fun people at work.

Micron is full of boomers and outdated tech. No surprise it has high attrition. It's 2022, no one stays at a shitty trash job and work hard for nothing when you can join a much better company, get same pay and do less work.

There's more to life than just working. Follow the western mindset better, Asian boomers are still stuck in the past thinking "oh work till I die".

Unregistered 13-08-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228082)
Yeah because micron pays 5k for freshers and there's plenty of fresher roles that pay above 5.5k now with significantly better WLB and younger / more fun people at work.

Micron is full of boomers and outdated tech. No surprise it has high attrition. It's 2022, no one stays at a shitty trash job and work hard for nothing when you can join a much better company, get same pay and do less work.

There's more to life than just working. Follow the western mindset better, Asian boomers are still stuck in the past thinking "oh work till I die".

Boomer who were born in 196x ? I don't see many when I was there. Most of them are Millenials or GenX.

And where do you get that "significant better WLB" from ? outdated tech ? So you want to replace this outdated semicon with what ?

Unregistered 14-08-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Thanks!!!

cos the pay is average and they try and coast u wif the OT pay but it's not worth at all lol the hours so bad ... I apply their low lvl dev role before and their tech libs are all discontinued ones from yr 2001 sia ... join also end up learning useless skill de

Unregistered 14-08-2022 09:41 AM

Man if you are comparing dev roles Micron sure is not the best company to work for, however for your normal eng roles it does pay good money for fresh grad...

Unregistered 14-08-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228082)

agreed to some extent

now most companies try to follow western culture alr

no more insane OT hours, still got OT ya but other semi-conductor engineer roles also same thing... of course got better jobs, micron not really in trend among freshers alr. mostly its the avg people who go there