Micron starting pay - Page 52 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Micron starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #511 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2022, 06:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MFG is the biggest dept in Micron. There are basically 3 branches of MFG:
1. Equipment
2. Production
3. Material Handling (Newly branched out to work on efficient parts delivery from store to fab. It is a very small unit)

I will elaborate more on #1 and #2.
For Equipment, there are 2 branches: Area team which deals with the equipment capacity required for wafer loading, as well as equipment that deals with maintenance, troubleshoot, and other improvement projects. Each module will have its own senior manager heading their own area and equipment teams.

For Production, it’s main role is to call out production constraints and highlighting them for help needed. This group is all compressed shift works. It is headed by 1 senior manager, 4 shift managers and their respective production shift module engineers and technologists.

The so called “sub-department” that you called out is known as the “module”, or “area” here, namely:
1. CMP
2. CVD/PVD
3. Diffusion
4. Dry etch
5. Photo
6. Wet process
thanks sir...
lets say I am assigned equipment engineer, how will my working hours be like? I am assigned CVD equipment engineer and starting in september.

Reply With Quote
  #512 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2022, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MFG is the biggest dept in Micron. There are basically 3 branches of MFG:
1. Equipment
2. Production
3. Material Handling (Newly branched out to work on efficient parts delivery from store to fab. It is a very small unit)

I will elaborate more on #1 and #2.
For Equipment, there are 2 branches: Area team which deals with the equipment capacity required for wafer loading, as well as equipment that deals with maintenance, troubleshoot, and other improvement projects. Each module will have its own senior manager heading their own area and equipment teams.

For Production, it’s main role is to call out production constraints and highlighting them for help needed. This group is all compressed shift works. It is headed by 1 senior manager, 4 shift managers and their respective production shift module engineers and technologists.

The so called “sub-department” that you called out is known as the “module”, or “area” here, namely:
1. CMP
2. CVD/PVD
3. Diffusion
4. Dry etch
5. Photo
6. Wet process
is there anyway I can contact you? I got some enquires to ask haha, just got offer

Reply With Quote
  #513 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2022, 10:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The mass hiring that you see is due to 2 main reasons: natural attrition and expansion.

For expansion, some bros there already mentioned earlier that Micron is constantly expanding its front-end manufacturing capabilities for NAND in Singapore. The current fab in expansion is F10A. Of course, some bro mentioned about the rumoured closing down of MSB in Bendemeer. I do not work in MSB, so I cannot comment on the situation there. However, MSB is the only backend testing and assembly site for Micron Singapore. The 2 other nearest backend sites are in Muar and Penang. Do note that backend facilities require much lower technical talents in its operation. As such, operating cost becomes a much heavier consideration, which is why many semiconductor companies including Intel, Broadcom, Infineon etc set up their backend facilities in Malaysia. Source: (s://.mida.gov.my/mida-news/where-are-malaysian-players-in-the-semiconductor-value-chain/) However, frontend sites are much more critical and requires lots of talents for technical breakthroughs, which is why Singapore is an important “center of excellence” for Micron’s global NAND business.

For natural attrition, we all know it happens everywhere in all companies. As of today, Micron Singapore employs about 9000 people. Taking the average turn-over statistics for Q1’22 Manufacturing Electronic sector of 1.5% per month Source: (://stats.mom.gov.sg/Pages/Labour-Market-Report-1Q-2022.aspx Page A18), It will mean 135 people leaving per month.
Hi! Sorry but why would you say that backend requires lower technical skills?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #514 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 10:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi! Sorry but why would you say that backend requires lower technical skills?
I hope you or anyone else are not upset by this statement. Front end wafer fabrication is very complex. This is especially so for NAND. There are hundreds of processing steps required for each wafer to go through and the fabrication is akin to building a skyscraper in nano scale. It requires lots of talents to solve technical problems to not only make the device function properly, but also to achieve high yield and high reliability. This requires a lot of technical breakthroughs. However, backend facility is used for functional testing, wiring and assembly. It requires much lower technical expertise since there is no fabrication involved.
Reply With Quote
  #515 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thanks sir...
lets say I am assigned equipment engineer, how will my working hours be like? I am assigned CVD equipment engineer and starting in september.
I am assuming you are taking the role of equipment owner. Official working hour is 8-5.30pm. however, as the title suggest, you will "own" certain equipment assigned to you, which means you are the subject matter expert for it. While there will be shift technicians to support the equipment, you will be the person to give instructions and directions solve problems that may arise. Do note that the fab is running 24/7. As a result, there will be chance that the equipment experience a hard down that requires your support even during your off day or after hours. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the job for operations, especially for owners. Be prepared to be very busy and disruptive to your life. However, I also want to note that depending on individuals, while some people do not like this arrangement, there are also many who are fine with it. The good thing about being an equipment owner is that it can be very interesting and fulfilling when you are able to overcome the technical issue. I do not want to sugar coat the role, but I just want to present to you a very objective view of it, basically the pros and cons. It sounds very scary, but no harm trying and get the hang of it first before you decide if you actually enjoy or hate it.
Reply With Quote
  #516 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 10:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is there anyway I can contact you? I got some enquires to ask haha, just got offer
Preferably not since this is an anonymous forum. You can post your enquires here and I'll see if I can help you with it.
Reply With Quote

  #517 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 07:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am assuming you are taking the role of equipment owner. Official working hour is 8-5.30pm. however, as the title suggest, you will "own" certain equipment assigned to you, which means you are the subject matter expert for it. While there will be shift technicians to support the equipment, you will be the person to give instructions and directions solve problems that may arise. Do note that the fab is running 24/7. As a result, there will be chance that the equipment experience a hard down that requires your support even during your off day or after hours. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the job for operations, especially for owners. Be prepared to be very busy and disruptive to your life. However, I also want to note that depending on individuals, while some people do not like this arrangement, there are also many who are fine with it. The good thing about being an equipment owner is that it can be very interesting and fulfilling when you are able to overcome the technical issue. I do not want to sugar coat the role, but I just want to present to you a very objective view of it, basically the pros and cons. It sounds very scary, but no harm trying and get the hang of it first before you decide if you actually enjoy or hate it.
They told me it will be shift work as a equipment engineer. However, they didnt say what kind of shift will I be doing. So I am unsure which shift am I going be. But I heard that alot of people will be in the same situation where they do not know which shift will they be in until end of 3 weeks of training. So I am hoping to know what kind of shift is there?
Reply With Quote
  #518 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 07:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Preferably not since this is an anonymous forum. You can post your enquires here and I'll see if I can help you with it.
May I know what are you working as at Micron?
Reply With Quote
  #519 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is the MSB rumour about ? Why shut down after hiring a lot ? Fake news ?
Reply With Quote
  #520 (permalink)  
Old 27-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the MSB rumour about ? Why shut down after hiring a lot ? Fake news ?
From my understanding, it MIGHT move to penang soon in the near future


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,415 Replies, 7,554,374 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,968 Replies, 9,967,761 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,453 Replies, 1,115,916 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,037 Replies, 843,839 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,684 Replies, 3,158,168 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
425 Replies, 455,856 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,493 Replies, 2,247,215 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
359 Replies, 131,811 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 632,448 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
258 Replies, 290,292 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 449,960 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 71,828 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
197 Replies, 121,103 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 49,183 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 203,974 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,588 Replies, 1,299,881 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,754 Replies, 2,317,227 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,803 Replies, 2,672,431 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,768 Replies, 3,457,165 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,646 Replies, 4,212,970 Views
SP Group ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,128 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,238 Replies, 3,313,270 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,709 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 730,696 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 266,151 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,142 Replies, 361,617 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,453 Replies, 5,474,487 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,711 Replies, 988,728 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,595 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
844 Replies, 242,867 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2