Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Micron starting pay

Old 10-06-2022, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What skills do you need for micron lol it's a unpopular garbage company

You tell people u work at micron most people have 0 idea wtf is a micron they'll just think u have a micro penis instead
Another DBS tech seeder not happy about their $5.5k pay without 13th month?

Old 10-06-2022, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Another DBS tech seeder not happy about their $5.5k pay without 13th month?
literally no one here has any idea wtf you're on about with this DBS tech seeder nonsense lol

cope harder kid, maybe respond to the salary band argument where you got destroyed.

start lower = climb higher

LMFAO actually brain dead, 100% you have 0 YOE.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What skills do you need for micron lol it's a unpopular garbage company

You tell people u work at micron most people have 0 idea wtf is a micron they'll just think u have a micro penis instead
Micron is so popular MNC, it hires around 8000 people in Singapore alone.
A lot of people know Micron lah.
I think is u and your friends r a frog in a well, dunno what is Micron.

Old 10-06-2022, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Micron is a F500 company lol it's huge... it's not some small company.

But yeah most people in SG won't know compared to other F500 companies like say Visa, Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, AMD etc...

We don't use Micron product / services so most people won't know.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I dont understand why there are many people here behind their keyboard have beef with Micron. It is in fortune 500 list.

s://fortune.com/company/micron-technology/fortune500/
Old 11-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I dont understand why there are many people here behind their keyboard have beef with Micron. It is in fortune 500 list.

s://fortune.com/company/micron-technology/fortune500/
F500 very big deal?

Old 11-06-2022, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LEGIT QN HERE, how come micron only offers ah mao ah gous? me and a few FCH friends applied to micron for the lolz after hearing about the 7k+ starting pay, and none of us hear anything from them. in contrast this literal special needs guy from my batch got offered. also, last time during our 2018 freshman camp, a senior came back to give us an "inspirational talk". apparently that guy's CAP was only 2+ and he flexed about still getting a job micron. im real confused about their hiring selection process
It's possible that FCH who work there tend to leave at a greater rate, so might as well hire the lousier graduates and also no need pay them as high a starting salary. The nature of job at micron doesnt require FCH as well
Old 11-06-2022, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

Some benefits that you might not know about:

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
3. they are not so specific about the work time, you can be a bit late.
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt.
add on: people are actually helpful if you ask, security is not cocky like most places (they will greet you in the morning most of the time, which is a good start of the day)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yoo peeps,

1. in house GYM
4. one WFH day a week.

u are fresh grad? so what is the yearly total comp looking like now?