Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 10-07-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69720)
Hi everyone, I am thinking of doing a mid career switch to HR (C&B) and want to ask if it is possible.

I am currently a tax manager in a Big4 doing personal income tax work, total work experience so far is 7 years. Some of my clients are from HR and I know that C&B is more number crunching which fits in very well with my finance background.

I want to know if I apply for a job like Regional C&B Manager in a big name like P&G or Microsoft, will they consider me? What is the chances of getting in? I am now drawing 6.8k as a manager, will HR be able to match my current pay at least?

How old are you? Did U have working experience before doing tax?

Unregistered 10-07-2015 11:32 PM

Daimler Human Resources internship
://jobs.daimler.com/index.php?ac=jobad&id=27785&lang=en

Unregistered 10-07-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69736)
Why would you want to leave tax for C&B??

Just sick of it, very monotonous and career progression is so slow.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69741)
How old are you? Did U have working experience before doing tax?

32 this year. Doing tax since leaving school, thought current company is my 3rd one since graduation.

Unregistered 14-07-2015 08:45 PM

Volkswagen - HR executive
://jobs.jobstreet.com/sg/jobs/4686999?fr=21

Unregistered 15-07-2015 08:45 PM

Starwood - Human Resources Executive
://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/60251480

LinkedIn - Senior HR Generalist
://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/58746166

Unregistered 19-07-2015 04:59 PM

Hi,

Can anyone list a few 3rd tier HR firms here?

Dun really have hope going into 1st or 2nd tier.

Thank you.

Unregistered 19-07-2015 06:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of changing job as I have just got my degree in HRM. At the same, I feel that the industry I'm currently in is not able to allow me to gain professional HR experience. I would like to look for more strategic HR role in MNC, any suggestion?

Unregistered 19-07-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70185)
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of changing job as I have just got my degree in HRM. At the same, I feel that the industry I'm currently in is not able to allow me to gain professional HR experience. I would like to look for more strategic HR role in MNC, any suggestion?

What is your prior experience, is it at least a mid-senior level (>10k salary) in a well established MNC? Also where is your degree from? If not it's not realistic to expect MNC to offer you strategic jobs when you don't have anything to offer.

luxholic 23-07-2015 05:34 PM

Hi all,

I need your advise. I am currently a secretary planning to do career switch into HR. Holding a private diploma in Sales & Marketing but work experience in Sales, and past 5 years secretary. I have no experience in HR but I want to switch and advance in HR, not sure how/where to start as the job ads for entry level HR positions require at least some related experience. I am planning to pursue a private degree with UCD in HRM, wonder if the cert will help me transit into HR smoothly, preferably without salary cut? (current pay is Junior PA only $3k). Appreciate any advise and thanks.