Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2014 09:18 PM

Thank you all for the support and encouragement! IDK why that elitist idiot keep coming to bite me, not sure if he is just feeling lousy or had a lousy day.

To clarify, not sure if its right to reveal here, but I will just do it anyway :)

The 7 years of MOE experience, sorry if it causes confusion (ahem*), I spent first 2 years in NIE doing my diploma in education. But because NIE trainees are paid and have CPF contributions so I regard that as part of MOE experience.

Honestly, after I graduated, I started with diploma pay @ approx. $1900... lol $90 increment every year, quite pathetic until I got my degree through part time studies and got emplaced. So when I quit after 5 years, my pay was honestly 3311. If that idiot needs me to cut and paste my pay slip, I really do not mind. I don't know why he keep shooting his head off here, seriously...

I applied for training executive role in dxo. If you look at the specific requirements, they were looking at people with 2 to 3 years of education and training experience. Tried my luck and applied, and luckily I got it. I have no honors, and I graduated from part time studies, quite common amongst diploma teachers. No choice loh, lol, I not study material n not shell calibre mah according to that idiot.

Then Mindef offered me 3500, slightly more than my previous pay. Upon confirmation after 6 months, they gave me $3803. Then after merit increment (in april/may for SAF personnel)became $3922 (pro-rated), just nice before I quit got 5% salary adjustment for august. Don't believe can read up civil service threads, you (know who you are)asshole! Then my pay became slightly above $4k.

Then I went to join an MNC under employee referral program, got referred by a fellow mummy friend in fb :) And they offered me a few hundred more, totalling to slightly less than $5k, I hope that clarifies.

Unregistered 04-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54140)
Take the story with a pinch of salt. She flip flop quite often.

First say 5 years MOE + 1 year SAF $4k + unemployed & intervewing with local mnc. Later say is not local mnc but a mnc with many headquarters around the world. Then claim she is working in a reputable organization at close to 5k. Latest change is say worked in MOE for 7 years and offered few hundred more.

I also find the part about SAF matching her pay without relevant experience with just a part time degree odd, the rate at which she got confrimation, salary and merit increment to increase to $4k+ also very fast.

I really don't know what's wrong with you, seriously..

When did I ever said I was unemployed and interviewing for MNC, I only said I cannot stay in my previous job if I apply for migration! I was employed when I went for interview! When did I ever say it was a local MNC, if u recall u were the one who insist I was interviewing for a local MNC and tell me that I am not good enough to work anywhere else out of nothing leh. What's wrong with you? Show your true self la kns.

The part time degree thing I only just revealed, how u know? Hello, did you really stalk me and my posts? $4k plus very fast? You kee tao hong isit?

I usually don't become so pissed off but I really want to say this...

First u say I am lowly qualified, then u say I am not good enough for reputable MNCs? Then u say a true recruitment sourcer will fetch 15k to 25k, then a lowly clerical worker like me will never make it, how can u can say such things to people you barely know? You know how rude you are?

First of all, I am a proud full time work mom, I hold an executive position and I am an average worker! I may not earn much but do u have any idea what's the average salary in Singapore?

I may not be some high flyer, but do u know how many of us are struggling in life? Do u actually know how it feels liketo earn $2k every month? I know ok, I been through that cuz I didn't make it to local uni (yes, laugh all you want, say all you want) Do u even know how hard it is to look for jobs these days. At least people like us have a choice and we know how to work hard to earn ourselves a fighting chance to survive.

You, you hide behind the computer and make personal attacks against people u barely know. You, you live amongst this hidden identity and shoot your head off pretending to be - some high- end scholar. You, you have no empathy and compassion for others. You, you should be ashamed to call yourself a Singaporean!

Unregistered 04-08-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54157)
Thank you all for the support and encouragement! IDK why that elitist idiot keep coming to bite me, not sure if he is just feeling lousy or had a lousy day.

To clarify, not sure if its right to reveal here, but I will just do it anyway :)

The 7 years of MOE experience, sorry if it causes confusion (ahem*), I spent first 2 years in NIE doing my diploma in education. But because NIE trainees are paid and have CPF contributions so I regard that as part of MOE experience.

Honestly, after I graduated, I started with diploma pay @ approx. $1900... lol $90 increment every year, quite pathetic until I got my degree through part time studies and got emplaced. So when I quit after 5 years, my pay was honestly 3311. If that idiot needs me to cut and paste my pay slip, I really do not mind. I don't know why he keep shooting his head off here, seriously...

I applied for training executive role in dxo. If you look at the specific requirements, they were looking at people with 2 to 3 years of education and training experience. Tried my luck and applied, and luckily I got it. I have no honors, and I graduated from part time studies, quite common amongst diploma teachers. No choice loh, lol, I not study material n not shell calibre mah according to that idiot.

Then Mindef offered me 3500, slightly more than my previous pay. Upon confirmation after 6 months, they gave me $3803. Then after merit increment (in april/may for SAF personnel)became $3922 (pro-rated), just nice before I quit got 5% salary adjustment for august. Don't believe can read up civil service threads, you (know who you are)asshole! Then my pay became slightly above $4k.

Then I went to join an MNC under employee referral program, got referred by a fellow mummy friend in fb :) And they offered me a few hundred more, totalling to slightly less than $5k, I hope that clarifies.

Yes total support you, all of us are behind u against this crap who is making the whole forum dirty and unwelcoming.

Just ignore him, obviously out to cause trouble only. :)

Unregistered 05-08-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54159)

When did I ever said I was unemployed and interviewing for MNC, I only said I cannot stay in my previous job if I apply for migration! I was employed when I went for interview! When did I ever say it was a local MNC, if u recall u were the one who insist I was interviewing for a local MNC and tell me that I am not good enough to work anywhere else out of nothing leh. What's wrong with you? Show your true self la kns.

The part time degree thing I only just revealed, how u know? Hello, did you really stalk me and my posts? $4k plus very fast? You kee tao hong isit?

First u say I am lowly qualified, then u say I am not good enough for reputable MNCs? Then u say a true recruitment sourcer will fetch 15k to 25k, then a lowly clerical worker like me will never make it, how can u can say such things to people you barely know? You know how rude you are?

First of all, I am a proud full time work mom, I hold an executive position and I am an average worker! I may not earn much but do u have any idea what's the average salary in Singapore?

I may not be some high flyer, but do u know how many of us are struggling in life? Do u actually know how it feels liketo earn $2k every month? I know ok, I been through that cuz I didn't make it to local uni (yes, laugh all you want, say all you want) Do u even know how hard it is to look for jobs these days. At least people like us have a choice and we know how to work hard to earn ourselves a fighting chance to survive.

You, you hide behind the computer and make personal attacks against people u barely know. You, you live amongst this hidden identity and shoot your head off pretending to be - some high- end scholar. You, you have no empathy and compassion for others. You, you should be ashamed to call yourself a Singaporean!

Don't worry :)

All of us here believe you and honestly throughout the whole forum there is only this 1 very negative guy who needs to put down people all the time.

When I was in civil service I also have this loser scholar boss who dunno how to work & only know how to personal attacks all the time. There are many successful immigrants who made it big out there and are now much more richer than even the scholars, many are their own bosses and own numerous properties overseas.

Things will only get better, those who dream make it big. Those who condemn can go live in their HDB pigeon hole for the rest of their live.

Unregistered 05-08-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54140)
Take the story with a pinch of salt. She flip flop quite often.

First say 5 years MOE + 1 year SAF $4k + unemployed & intervewing with local mnc. Later say is not local mnc but a mnc with many headquarters around the world. Then claim she is working in a reputable organization at close to 5k. Latest change is say worked in MOE for 7 years and offered few hundred more.

I also find the part about SAF matching her pay without relevant experience with just a part time degree odd, the rate at which she got confrimation, salary and merit increment to increase to $4k+ also very fast.

Only weak people resort to sarcastic attacks. You seem to be attacking her in the whole forum. What is your motive? So free to surf forum all the time and be keyboard warrior?

Unregistered 05-08-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54159)

Many of my poly friends are their own bosses and hiring the degree and master grads as their subordinates now. Canada is a place that don't care about education qualification, work hard and you can even be MD or CEO in the future. :)

Unregistered 05-08-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54163)
Don't worry :)

All of us here believe you and honestly throughout the whole forum there is only this 1 very negative guy who needs to put down people all the time.

When I was in civil service I also have this loser scholar boss who dunno how to work & only know how to personal attacks all the time. There are many successful immigrants who made it big out there and are now much more richer than even the scholars, many are their own bosses and own numerous properties overseas.

Things will only get better, those who dream make it big. Those who condemn can go live in their HDB pigeon hole for the rest of their live.

Actually, to me, many of the quoted figures are like - pardon for saying so - "big cannon" talk only.

Less than 10 yr after grad, some people can already claim earning more than 10k per month. What job is that, I'd also like to know! Ok, some lawyers, doctors, or commercial pilots (plus the allowances, of course), with some luck to get promoted fast - may touch that figure. But for majority of people, I don't think so.

Our civil and public service salary are quite tied to what private sector is paying, so to get a more realistic idea of, say, how much a HR staff would be earning, just need to refer to public sector salary level and then plus-minus a bit. That should give some indication.

Unregistered 05-08-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54166)
Many of my poly friends are their own bosses and hiring the degree and master grads as their subordinates now. Canada is a place that don't care about education qualification, work hard and you can even be MD or CEO in the future. :)

Haha thanks for seeing me up. Honestly, I will be glad if I can find a survival job there lol...

It is true however, that civil service pay has gotten very competitive. I have heard of MAS being tagged on to private bank standards. Really don't know if its true.

But I do know lotsa civil servants are not servants anymore. The pay range is very high too, during the orientation for dxo last year, some of the HR executive (dxo) are already fetching 3.5k for their first job. I was also taking 3.5k, so actually my previous work experience wasn't considered :(

The DXO- Ea (for diploma holders) hr officer start off with more than 2k though. Lol, anyone hoping to get a job in there n need some tips can ask me. I may be quitting soon but there's referral system. I may be able to help :)

If you consider the pay range of SAF officers (I honestly dk they earn how much but I roughly gauge...), I think civil service pays well. Not like you will be really rich, but U know... again, you won't starve la...

Unregistered 05-08-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54168)
Actually, to me, many of the quoted figures are like - pardon for saying so - "big cannon" talk only.

Less than 10 yr after grad, some people can already claim earning more than 10k per month. What job is that, I'd also like to know! Ok, some lawyers, doctors, or commercial pilots (plus the allowances, of course), with some luck to get promoted fast - may touch that figure. But for majority of people, I don't think so.

Our civil and public service salary are quite tied to what private sector is paying, so to get a more realistic idea of, say, how much a HR staff would be earning, just need to refer to public sector salary level and then plus-minus a bit. That should give some indication.

I do agree with you but fellow forum goers correct me if I'm wrong.

Diff ministries and stat board pay their HR officers differently and they have very different expectations too...

I am a classic example, if SAF hadn't taken me in, I probably wouldn't qualify for HR jobs in other ministries. I did apply for other ministries when I was looking for a job las year.

Again correct me if I am wrong. My experience is that once U apply for an appointment or position in a particular ministry, the first thing they will require from U is for you to pass a psychometric test, after that they will have 2 interviews. After the 3 rounds of selections, they will decide if they want to hire you. In most cases, they only require a degree in any discipline (again, also depends on different ministries).

Hahaha, not to brag but I expert in finding jobs and getting rejected lol...

My experience may not offer a good enough sampling size, but I hope it do help fellow forum goers who are currently pursuing a HR position in the civil service.

Apart from SAF, I also applied for MTI and MFA. Both required me to go through psychometric tests. Needless to say, I didn't make it lol. But say if I made it, truth is, they don't need related HR experience or HR degree.

For MFA, HAHAHAHAH I FAILED THE FIRST ROUND, lol cmi...

For MTI, I made it to the second round of the interview, haha but eh, I wasn't offered, they decided to choose the other teacher who graduated from NTU(eng hor not business).. So what I am trying to say is, different ministries have different pay scale and pay schemes. Very hard to compare them.

I think civil service quite lenient towards their selections, as long as U pass their psychometric tests and do well in interviews, you will get the job. Of course, I don't have a lot of experiences to share but hope this will help those who are applying...

Unregistered 05-08-2014 12:02 PM

the samsun

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54177)
I do agree with you but fellow forum goers correct me if I'm wrong.

Diff ministries and stat board pay their HR officers differently and they have very different expectations too...

I am a classic example, if SAF hadn't taken me in, I probably wouldn't qualify for HR jobs in other ministries. I did apply for other ministries when I was looking for a job las year.

Again correct me if I am wrong. My experience is that once U apply for an appointment or position in a particular ministry, the first thing they will require from U is for you to pass a psychometric test, after that they will have 2 interviews. After the 3 rounds of selections, they will decide if they want to hire you. In most cases, they only require a degree in any discipline (again, also depends on different ministries).

Hahaha, not to brag but I expert in finding jobs and getting rejected lol...

My experience may not offer a good enough sampling size, but I hope it do help fellow forum goers who are currently pursuing a HR position in the civil service.

Apart from SAF, I also applied for MTI and MFA. Both required me to go through psychometric tests. Needless to say, I didn't make it lol. But say if I made it, truth is, they don't need related HR experience or HR degree.

For MFA, HAHAHAHAH I FAILED THE FIRST ROUND, lol cmi...

For MTI, I made it to the second round of the interview, haha but eh, I wasn't offered, they decided to choose the other teacher who graduated from NTU(eng hor not business).. So what I am trying to say is, different ministries have different pay scale and pay schemes. Very hard to compare them.

I think civil service quite lenient towards their selections, as long as U pass their psychometric tests and do well in interviews, you will get the job. Of course, I don't have a lot of experiences to share but hope this will help those who are applying...

Thanks for sharing, helpful indeed...

Actually don't need to reveal so much to someone who is here to criticise and isn't constructive at all.. Till now, he is just poking his nose into putting others down. No shame...
Don't need to justify yourself too... Have a feeling he is some joker who doesn't even have a job