HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? - Page 71 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks all for the assurance.

I do know it is dumb to move without a job offer, but isn't that something most migrants have to go through?

I know it is impossible for someone as lowly paid as me to land a posting in Canada, but I was just asking if there are any possibilities of being 'recommended' a job there.

It's really annoying when ppl like him say things like 'Stop Dreaming' and called me a clerical worker even though I am dreaming and I am a lowly clerk.

People migrate for reasons of their own. I know its a tough road ahead, so I hope that there could be some allowance in the current new job I am in.

Anyways, I have always find myself a misfit in this country I was born and raised, I am sure a lot of you feel the same. It is insensitive and obnoxious people like him that makes the country inhabitable.
Forget about those retards, as long as you dream big anything can be possible!!! Only a useless arsehole will try to talk negative all the time.

So what if is clerical worker, there are many people who start off as sweeper or dishwasher in the end become top tycoon and CEO. Typical sinkies with low IQ mentality whole day only know how to study, migrate to Canada and you will realise people there are more mature and how silly all these sinkies are.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
lol don't be sour grape, its normal in oil and gas company. Got rejected by them? 4k+ basic for senior technician I believe. Unless his brother is a technician level and 4k is inclusive of major OT.
Obviously a moron who dun know anything about pay. Union worker can get 2k already laugh, what 4k+. Stop trying to spread negativity and false info here.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks all for the assurance.

I do know it is dumb to move without a job offer, but isn't that something most migrants have to go through?

I know it is impossible for someone as lowly paid as me to land a posting in Canada, but I was just asking if there are any possibilities of being 'recommended' a job there.

It's really annoying when ppl like him say things like 'Stop Dreaming' and called me a clerical worker even though I am dreaming and I am a lowly clerk.

People migrate for reasons of their own. I know its a tough road ahead, so I hope that there could be some allowance in the current new job I am in.

Anyways, I have always find myself a misfit in this country I was born and raised, I am sure a lot of you feel the same. It is insensitive and obnoxious people like him that makes the country inhabitable.
You have 1 year experience that's not related to your new job. Also, a degree totally irrelevant to your field of work. I believe it would not be reasonable to ask for a match with your SAF job salary. I am actually surprised that you are drawing 4k from SAF.

But I agree with you that if you have chose to migrate, you have to began somewhere. It will be tough and you probably won't be able to find any jobs at Canada for some time. Be prepared that the grass might not be greener at the other end. All the best to you!

Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Elitism is a prevalent condition in Singapore. Anyways, I have always find myself a misfit in this country I was born and raised, I am sure a lot of you feel the same. It is insensitive and obnoxious people like him that makes the country inhabitable.
Why blame Singapore when you cannot make it here and want to migrate? Just quietly go lor, no need to blame others.

Quote:
I will just look for a blue collar job there. I know where I stand and I know I will not command that much. It's really annoying when ppl like him say things like 'Stop Dreaming' and called me a clerical worker even though I am dreaming and I am a lowly clerk.
You are not even talking sense here. You told us you are a “lowly clerk” and prepared to look for blue collar jobs and at the same time get angry when someone call you a clerical worker. What is wrong with being a clerical worker? My mum was also an accounts clerk and I never hear her get angry if someone calls her a clerk or clerical worker.

So you admit you are dreaming and other tell you to stop dreaming you get all wound up and annoy? For what? You ask for advice and then get angry when people tell you not practical. Your problem is not about dreaming or migration or even being a clerk, you have much more serious emotional problems underneath.

Grow up and stop whining please.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

I think you are obviously not reading the thread carefully. She was asking for advice, but to be returned with snobbish and disrespectful replies from people who doesn't even know half the time what's going on.

I suppose you are that arsehole who called her to stop day- dreaming. You do not make sense yourself. Trying to associate what she said with your mom who is a clerk? Hello, are you the same horrible bastard who claim to know everything and do whatever it takes to put others down and still find fulfilment in it all?

You are the one who should shut your filthy mouth, seriously.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why blame Singapore when you cannot make it here and want to migrate? Just quietly go lor, no need to blame others.

You are not even talking sense here. You told us you are a “lowly clerk” and prepared to look for blue collar jobs and at the same time get angry when someone call you a clerical worker. What is wrong with being a clerical worker? My mum was also an accounts clerk and I never hear her get angry if someone calls her a clerk or clerical worker.

So you admit you are dreaming and other tell you to stop dreaming you get all wound up and annoy? For what? You ask for advice and then get angry when people tell you not practical. Your problem is not about dreaming or migration or even being a clerk, you have much more serious emotional problems underneath.

Just saying, people who are a misfit do not necessarily means they can't make it here, they probably just don't identify with the system as much as filthy, elitist and idiotic people like you.

If you recall, you are the one (I think) who is overly confident with your replies and insist on labelling others with what you deemed beneath you. You should grow up, seriously.

I also migrated, I do not think I cannot make it in Singapore.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Default 549

Quote:
You have 1 year experience that's not related to your new job. Also, a degree totally irrelevant to your field of work. I believe it would not be reasonable to ask for a match with your SAF job salary. I am actually surprised that you are drawing 4k from SAF.

But I agree with you that if you have chose to migrate, you have to began somewhere. It will be tough and you probably won't be able to find any jobs at Canada for some time. Be prepared that the grass might not be greener at the other end. All the best to you!
Hi, prior to SAF, I was with MOE for 7 years, SAF matched my pay and I got increment (after confirmation, merit increment and salary adjustment) after a year which totalled to slightly above $4k. Are you surprised cuz the pay is too low or too high? I am in the DXO scheme, I find SAF pay package rather competitive actually. Not sky high, but you know, you wouldn't starve. Yes, the new MNC offered me slightly higher than my current pay, few hundreds. From what I know, those in corporate finance earns MUCH MORE. I am not sure if it is considered reasonable.

Yes, we have the intention to settle there for a year and look for survival jobs. Both of us will not be resigning, if things really isn't greener on the other side, we will return. We are both young, and actually looking forward to a different lifestyle and experience.

Having been in the education sector for 7 years, I really do not wish to put my son under the system that I have painstakingly wanted to forsake. I must iterate that it is not because we cannot make it, but we prefer our son to grow up in a different system.

You see, creativity cannot be taught, but it can be killed. Singapore is really good at doing that, at least that's what I think.

To my knowledge, many others have migrated, check out fb grps on migration issues. I believe many of us started out with the same intention. Life isn't rosy in Canada, Oz, NZ, USA... but if u ask me, life isn't rosy anywhere else. I think you get what I am trying to say.

It doesn't mean that migrants who complained about their country are pple who cmi. I am not helping them, I am just painting a realistic picture for *some elitist idiots* here. People will tell you to 'stop dreaming', people will cautioned you against your decision by putting you down... ultimately, we are quite bent on leaving Yes, tough road ahead, but we are hopeful
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Don't know who is whining here, y so serious!?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Want to act elite get lost please. Lots of people make it big overseas. She is a clerk doing more productive work than our whining.

Pathetic piece of sheet, must be a typical scholar running dog.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, prior to SAF, I was with MOE for 7 years, SAF matched my pay and I got increment (after confirmation, merit increment and salary adjustment) after a year which totalled to slightly above $4k. Are you surprised cuz the pay is too low or too high? I am in the DXO scheme, I find SAF pay package rather competitive actually. Not sky high, but you know, you wouldn't starve. Yes, the new MNC offered me slightly higher than my current pay, few hundreds. From what I know, those in corporate finance earns MUCH MORE. I am not sure if it is considered reasonable.

Yes, we have the intention to settle there for a year and look for survival jobs. Both of us will not be resigning, if things really isn't greener on the other side, we will return. We are both young, and actually looking forward to a different lifestyle and experience.

Having been in the education sector for 7 years, I really do not wish to put my son under the system that I have painstakingly wanted to forsake. I must iterate that it is not because we cannot make it, but we prefer our son to grow up in a different system.

You see, creativity cannot be taught, but it can be killed. Singapore is really good at doing that, at least that's what I think.

To my knowledge, many others have migrated, check out fb grps on migration issues. I believe many of us started out with the same intention. Life isn't rosy in Canada, Oz, NZ, USA... but if u ask me, life isn't rosy anywhere else. I think you get what I am trying to say.

It doesn't mean that migrants who complained about their country are pple who cmi. I am not helping them, I am just painting a realistic picture for *some elitist idiots* here. People will tell you to 'stop dreaming', people will cautioned you against your decision by putting you down... ultimately, we are quite bent on leaving Yes, tough road ahead, but we are hopeful
Fully support you, the whole forum here is agree with you, only a few moron here try to cause trouble by putting down others.

I also cannot stand arrogant scums like that that's why left Singapore many years ago.