Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 14-02-2013 10:19 PM

Anyone got experience working at global HR consulting firms before? Specifically compensation consulting. Which ones are good? Other than the top few (Mercer, Towers Watson, Hay Group, Aon Hewitt, etc.) what other smaller firms are good to go for?

Unregistered 15-02-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33231)
Anyone got experience working at global HR consulting firms before? Specifically compensation consulting. Which ones are good? Other than the top few (Mercer, Towers Watson, Hay Group, Aon Hewitt, etc.) what other smaller firms are good to go for?

Try to avoid going for those small operations. No career progression and CV looks bad when you want to move on few years down the road. If you cannot get in the few big ones, its better to look for good corporate HR in big MNCs.

Unregistered 18-02-2013 11:53 PM

Does anyone know of any other HR consulting firms besides the ones listed above?

Unregistered 19-02-2013 09:34 AM

The smaller ones in Singapore are:

HRBS - Trying to grow and compete with the big boys, but still very small currently
PWC / E&Y - They have a very small HR consulting arm
ECA - Mainly does expatriate related C&B
Carrots - Mainly does GLC related C&B, this one I heard got a very bad reputation in the industry
Alexander - Mainly does sales related C&B
Boardroom - More slanted towards operations C&B

Base on what I hear from people who have joined all these firms, except ECA none of the rest can really build your career or learn much. ECA only join if you want to specialize in global mobility.

Unregistered 20-02-2013 12:53 AM

worked in carrots before. would agree on bad rep in industry, but the amount of work you do is insane so i wouldn't say you don't learn anything.

Longthekayaboy 26-02-2013 12:04 AM

May i know how much can a executive search consultant earns?i assume this job is a recruiter bt will handle management level from executive level onwards.
Whats the basic pay?career prospects?and how the commission is calculated?(breakdown)
Hope for some enlightenments :)
Lots of thanks.

Unregistered 26-02-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longthekayaboy (Post 33533)
May i know how much can a executive search consultant earns?i assume this job is a recruiter bt will handle management level from executive level onwards.
Whats the basic pay?career prospects?and how the commission is calculated?(breakdown)
Hope for some enlightenments :)
Lots of thanks.

Most executive search consultants do not handle managerial level recruitment as they are too low level and best left to recruitment agents. Basic pay is ~15 - 20k with commissions calculated at about 35% - 45% billings above floor.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 10:09 PM

Hi appreciate some advice from HR experts here.

I receive an offer for a HR Analyst (Strategy Reporting) in a big Aussie MNC in the resource sector. The offered pay is $7900 with AWS and 3 months variable bonus. My expected pay is $8400, so anyone can advise if I should negotiate for more?

I have close to 5 years business partnering experience in 2 industries and wondering if what they offer is competitive.

TIA for any help.

Unregistered 26-03-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34750)

I receive an offer for a HR Analyst (Strategy Reporting) in a big Aussie MNC in the resource sector. The offered pay is $7900 with AWS and 3 months variable bonus. My expected pay is $8400, so anyone can advise if I should negotiate for more?

I have close to 5 years business partnering experience in 2 industries and wondering if what they offer is competitive.

TIA for any help.

May I ask which job in your career is this? (2nd job, 3rd job, etc.)

Unregistered 01-04-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34750)

TIA for any help.

If they want you they will pay for the extra $500. Most mid career analyst jobs in HR are at 8-9k average anyway.