Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 13-03-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magmilon (Post 22217)
The numbers are quite accurate. My wife has been in HR for 8 years since she graduate, she's taking back about 11.5k basic monthly.

I think HR is the best kept secret!

Unregistered 13-03-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22126)
It also depends on the company u r joining. No way you can get that pay if u join an SME's HR department even with 10 yrs of exp.

Most SMEs do not have a HR department. They usually rename the Admin department as HR in order to give a better image.

This cause a lot of problems as HR professionals are lumped together with administrators causing layman to think their pay is very low.

Bean 13-03-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magmilon (Post 22217)
The numbers are quite accurate. My wife has been in HR for 8 years since she graduate, she's taking back about 11.5k basic monthly.

Is this still her 1st job? How can she hit 11.5k in just 8 years??

if she start out as an HR executive after getting her degree in ST engineering @ 2.8k starting, evening if she is a 'A' grader for 8 years + 4 promotion..

she maximum can get only getting = $6000+ after 8 years....

......:eek:

Unregistered 13-03-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22226)

if she start out as an HR executive after getting her degree in ST engineering @ 2.8k starting, evening if she is a 'A' grader for 8 years + 4 promotion..

why is it so hard for you to believe? permanent secretaries in government make $1m in 15 years.

Bean 13-03-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22235)
why is it so hard for you to believe? permanent secretaries in government make $1m in 15 years.

they are scholar ma!!!

the HR wife, is no scholar

Unregistered 13-03-2012 11:50 PM

HR job in civil service

Anyone wanna share their salary and appointment in HR within the civil service.

I am currently sleeping on an offer for HR officer with a stat board but a little worried about the progression.

Also, any idea if the HR experience in civil service is transferable to the private sector?

Bean 14-03-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22241)
Anyone wanna share their salary and appointment in HR within the civil service.

I am currently sleeping on an offer for HR officer with a stat board but a little worried about the progression.

Also, any idea if the HR experience in civil service is transferable to the private sector?

how much they offer you?

you female or male?

magmilon 14-03-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22226)

My wife is currently at her 2nd job since graduation in FMCG industry. STE is not a good benchmark because their attraction is slow & steady low risk company, so naturally their career progression is very slow compared to outside. Their differentiation is also very low as I understand even ‘A” performer only get around 6-8%.

For my wife promotion increment can be a lot as each promotion they automatically bump up the pay to at least the min salary range for that grade. She also picked up a big increase when she joined the current company as their payscales are higher.

Unregistered 14-03-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22243)
how much they offer you?

you female or male?

Bean, I am a male with pass merit. Salary offered is 3370. Any comments?

Bean 14-03-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22258)
Bean, I am a male with pass merit. Salary offered is 3370. Any comments?

I would say that this offer is very good , with a pass w merit degree @ 3370 starting!!!

me with 2nd lower with NS need to work 3 years (with 1 promotion) then hit $339x.....:(