Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

bioman 07-03-2012 04:43 PM

Anyone in Training & Development or Human Resource Development?

Unregistered 07-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioman (Post 21973)
Anyone in Training & Development or Human Resource Development?

I am doing generalist with doing T&D + recruitment. What info u need?

fusion7 07-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21956)
Assistant Manager from HR Shared Service 5850 x 13 basic, currently looking out for opp in C&B related. Anyone from C&B can advice if the pay is comparable with shared service?

3 years HR experience & 2 years customer service.

Depends on what C&B. If its payroll, preparing contracts, merit increment and administer leave / insurance, salary should be comparable to your current job at the same level.

If C&B strategy and policy side, pay will be much higher than shared service, but it’s not easy for shared service experience to move into that space.

bioman 08-03-2012 12:12 AM

How to advance further? I wonder how much should a graduate with 10 years of such experience be earning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21975)
I am doing generalist with doing T&D + recruitment. What info u need?

Unregistered 08-03-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioman (Post 21981)
How to advance further? I wonder how much should a graduate with 10 years of such experience be earning?

You can’t benchmark salary just base on years of experience, ur from HR and should know that better than anybody.

10 yrs experience can be anything from exec level 4k to group director level >20k. exec coaches in consultancies earn more, many charge 5 figure per day of corp training.

what sort of training u doing exactly? admin? trainer? Project?

Looking after how many countries? industry? headcount? How many reports under you?

u need to provide more context to the situation.

Unregistered 08-03-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion7 (Post 21976)
If C&B strategy and policy side, pay will be much higher than shared service, but it’s not easy for shared service experience to move into that space.

Why not easy?

I have done payroll before and currently look after the insurance & leave of the entire company.

The company got internal inequity, many HR Managers are only paid about 7 – 9k depending on experience, but an analyst in C&B is already paid 9.3k while the C&B Manager is drawing close to 14k.

I’m hoping to do an internal transfer as they are currently looking out for a replacement for the C&B analyst who has resigned.

I think if I go for slight adjustment of 6.5 – 7k should have a decent chance?

bioman 08-03-2012 02:35 PM

Any qualifications required to venture into C&B?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21994)
Why not easy?

I have done payroll before and currently look after the insurance & leave of the entire company.

The company got internal inequity, many HR Managers are only paid about 7 – 9k depending on experience, but an analyst in C&B is already paid 9.3k while the C&B Manager is drawing close to 14k.

I’m hoping to do an internal transfer as they are currently looking out for a replacement for the C&B analyst who has resigned.

minute_maker 08-03-2012 03:54 PM

Just took up a role as Training & Communication Co-coordinator for a F&B MNC, previously was handling employee relations & internal coms in 2 companies (Korean and local blue chip) for 6+ years.

Took a paycut to join at 6800 monthly, but in my contract it is stated there will be a 600 adjustment upon confirmation in 6 months.

minute_maker 08-03-2012 03:58 PM

Just general degree can, but I think financial modelling & research skills must be strong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioman (Post 21997)
Any qualifications required to venture into C&B?

fusion7 08-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21994)
Why not easy?

The issue is not your expected pay, it’s the role of C&B policy is very different from shared service. Reward knowledge, stakeholder engagement & business case is at a different level compared to administering payroll and benefits.