Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

miwashi 19-04-2012 08:51 PM

interested in learning more about the HR industry too.

What do those with training and development portfolios actually do? Are there any professional certifications in this specialization?

Unregistered 20-04-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24023)
She is referring to the outsourcing mark up model where they manage payroll & leave. It means more profitable for the agency, not for the consultant lar.

Hi!

I've spoken to the hiring manager and the threshold for the contract is as this:

Basic X 2.5 X 3 months = Quarterly target.

How they calculate the sales is by revenue. Example $4000(inclusive of employer's CPF etc) x 20% = $800 (this will go to your sales revenue)

Once above threshold, the commisison range from 7-11% and will incur monthly as long as the contract is in force.

Unregistered 20-04-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24033)
Hi!

I've spoken to the hiring manager and the threshold for the contract is as this:

How they calculate the sales is by revenue. Example $4000(inclusive of employer's CPF etc) x 20% = $800 (this will go to your sales revenue)

Once above threshold, the commisison range from 7-11% and will incur monthly as long as the contract is in force.

Quoting myself, it's for sales & marketing industry

pompey 20-04-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriel (Post 24027)
Just like to add I would like to go into C&B or BP.. what kind of qualifications & relevant experience should I rack up on? Will the bsc in business management frm rmit be a gd start.?

You are mid career, so academic cert not much use unless in govt sector.

The important thing is what was your exp in Navy & security? Do you have anything to sell to employers that your skills are relevant?

For BP you should have exp in things like manpower budget planning, employee engagement tracking & strategy, some work on succession planning, ability to debate with senior management, ability to communicate difficult policies to junior levels.

For C&B you should be very fluent with statistics, market research and strong financial knowledge, can do cost modeling & projections. Ability to present business case & engage senior management in discussion is highly sought after.

If not the only other way is to start from scratch, but you could be disadvantaged because of your age & pay. Alternative is to go into generalist/admin role, but then prospects are not as good compared to Navy.

Unregistered 20-04-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 24029)
interested in learning more about the HR industry too.

What do those with training and development portfolios actually do? Are there any professional certifications in this specialization?

no certification needed, training HR just need to know how to sign up course for employee, mark attendance and update info database

Unregistered 20-04-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24033)
Hi!

LOL told you they will lower the sharing rates, so you see it’s not as easy & profitable (for you) as you think.

Btw most temp/contract jobs are low level, you seldom see 4k like in ur example. Most of them are like 1.5 – 3k.

Unregistered 20-04-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24046)
LOL told you they will lower the sharing rates, so you see it’s not as easy & profitable (for you) as you think.

Btw most temp/contract jobs are low level, you seldom see 4k like in ur example. Most of them are like 1.5 – 3k.

Is it easier to place perm or contract staff?

Unregistered 05-05-2012 10:50 PM

I have total 2.5 years of work experience since graduation:

1.5 year experience in general HR + 1 year in recruitment

I have recently been offered a Junior HR Business Partner position with monthly base of $4000.

What do u think?

Unregistered 06-05-2012 03:58 AM

Junior business partner position with $4k is a very good start..btw, wat type of business is the company running?..Is it a foreign MNC?

Unregistered 06-05-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24491)
Junior business partner position with $4k is a very good start..btw, wat type of business is the company running?..Is it a foreign MNC?

Yup, foreign mnc