Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 18-04-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23977)
Thank you. This is very helpful.

So if lets say I am offered a position in Randstad doing recruitment for lower levels, I am better off taking up the offer doing recruitment for Charterhouse? At least they are targeting managerial level.

About the same. Both are general agencies, so candidate & industry networks mostly overlap each other .

From a commission point, not much difference because if you target exec / entry manager positions (5 – 8k salary) you can realistically close ~30 positions yearly and if you target mid level managers (10 – 15k salary) it’s ~12 yearly. Commission plan also very similar across industry, a preset floor bill followed by 15%-25% anything above.

If you are new to recruiting, I suggest you go for the junior markets first. Some mid level candidates can be particular & demanding on your knowledge ofthe industry, company & job, you will get flak if you can’t front them on a professional level.

Unregistered 18-04-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23979)
About the same. Both are general agencies, so candidate & industry networks mostly overlap each other .

From a commission point, not much difference because if you target exec / entry manager positions (5 – 8k salary) you can realistically close ~30 positions yearly and if you target mid level managers (10 – 15k salary) it’s ~12 yearly. Commission plan also very similar across industry, a preset floor bill followed by 15%-25% anything above.

If you are new to recruiting, I suggest you go for the junior markets first. Some mid level candidates can be particular & demanding on your knowledge ofthe industry, company & job, you will get flak if you can’t front them on a professional level.

Thank you for the very useful advice.

Unregistered 18-04-2012 04:25 PM

if the salary offered was basic X 3 x 2.5 + commission, is that the market rate as well?

Unregistered 18-04-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23983)
if the salary offered was basic X 3 x 2.5 + commission, is that the market rate as well?

Don’t understand. X 3 means quarterly? X 2.5 refers to the floor? What’s the sharing rate?

Unregistered 18-04-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23984)
Don’t understand. X 3 means quarterly? X 2.5 refers to the floor? What’s the sharing rate?

Sorry!

I mean my sales target is basic x 3 x 2.5. Any excess is about 15-25% commission.

Unregistered 18-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23985)
Sorry!

I mean my sales target is basic x 3 x 2.5. Any excess is about 15-25% commission.

Is it a monthly, bimonthly or quarterly target?

Unregistered 18-04-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23987)
Is it a monthly, bimonthly or quarterly target?

I have no idea. Have to discuss more in the next interview..
Will it be reasonable if it's monthly?

Unregistered 18-04-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23988)
I have no idea. Have to discuss more in the next interview..
Will it be reasonable if it's monthly?

If monthly means they've set the floor at 3x2.5 = 7.5x salary, that is very high. If really so high better make sure they have a few exclusive contracts at desk for you to take over or a heavy pipeline from your predecessor to inherit.

Otherwise you newbie confirm cannot hit in the first year. If it's bi-monthly then still ok.

Unregistered 19-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23989)
If monthly means they've set the floor at 3x2.5 = 7.5x salary, that is very high. If really so high better make sure they have a few exclusive contracts at desk for you to take over or a heavy pipeline from your predecessor to inherit.

Otherwise you newbie confirm cannot hit in the first year. If it's bi-monthly then still ok.

The threshold is by quarter...and the commission range from 14-22%

Unregistered 19-04-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23998)
The threshold is by quarter...and the commission range from 14-22%

I suspected as much. 2.5x floor quite low, good for beginners to try.

2.5x is a good gauge whether you suitable for recruitment. If you cannot clear threshold after 9 months, then it means you are either not suitbale or doing something wrong.

Are you targeting an industry or function?