HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? - Page 19 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Take up the job to lock in the 3.3k high start salary... Job hop when you find a better job lor... At the end of the day, it's about how much $$ you take home now.. and how much $$ you can ask for at the next interview... Meanwhile take time to upgrade yourself.. so you dun become complacent and rot in a job that doesn't teach you anything... the good thing is that the extra cash you earn you can throw it back into your personnal upgrading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is confirm a generalist admin job. To make matters worse, it primarily deals with the lowest level of staff, i.e. O Level & below. I don't think you will learn anything really HR there. They just package doing sai gang for the secuirty guards / aux police as "manage 200 operations members"

Plus side is starting pay quite decent, but down side is this kind of job dead end before you even start, no prospects to advance in HR at all. FYI Certis average increase is 3%, promotion 6 to 8%, you do the maths and see what happen 5 yrs down the road.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Take up the job to lock in the 3.3k high start salary... Job hop when you find a better job lor... At the end of the day, it's about how much $$ you take home now.. and how much $$ you can ask for at the next interview... Meanwhile take time to upgrade yourself.. so you dun become complacent and rot in a job that doesn't teach you anything... the good thing is that the extra cash you earn you can throw it back into your personnal upgrading..
Bad advice.

Certis has a bad reputation in the market and considered a small-med local company. After few years there is no where to hop other than local SME doing admin.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion7 View Post
HR Business Partner, 7 years exp, $12,900 monthly.
Hi what position did u start off with to get urself at this stage? How did you get into HR-business partner? been actively looking around for corporate HR positions but most of these positions require several years of HR experience, With you starting working in such field since graduation, how did you get started? can share ur success story?
i am lost in my job search for such positions. can enlighten me?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM

haiz2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Hnnm

Quote:
This is confirm a generalist admin job. To make matters worse, it primarily deals with the lowest level of staff, i.e. O Level & below. I don't think you will learn anything really HR there. They just package doing sai gang for the secuirty guards / aux police as "manage 200 operations members"

Plus side is starting pay quite decent, but down side is this kind of job dead end before you even start, no prospects to advance in HR at all. FYI Certis average increase is 3%, promotion 6 to 8%, you do the maths and see what happen 5 yrs down the road.

Increase So low increment? The agency told me bonus minimum 3 months. AWS is offered but monthly basis.. I thought a chance to manage all these operational member will gain exp in terms of manpower planning and human resourcing. That's why I am station as HRM division.

Downside is how come no need working experience. I just wonder the scope seems like doing appraisal, mainly on HR stuffs like probation interview etc will give HR exp? Maybe dealin with the wrong side of employees because they are operational side.

I am from engineering and with project mgt exp wana step into this field but afraid wrong choice and this job is one that can match my pay and deal closely with HR .. It's shitty to manage these people because they are of diff background, that's why challenging but isn't this gg to up my resume??
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz2006 View Post
Increase So low increment? The agency told me bonus minimum 3 months. AWS is offered but monthly basis.. I thought a chance to manage all these operational member will gain exp in terms of manpower planning and human resourcing. That's why I am station as HRM division.

Downside is how come no need working experience. I just wonder the scope seems like doing appraisal, mainly on HR stuffs like probation interview etc will give HR exp? Maybe dealin with the wrong side of employees because they are operational side.

I am from engineering and with project mgt exp wana step into this field but afraid wrong choice and this job is one that can match my pay and deal closely with HR .. It's shitty to manage these people because they are of diff background, that's why challenging but isn't this gg to up my resume??
I don't think there's such a thing as guaranteed 3 month bonus in Certis, I can't say for sure, but you best see it in black & white otherwise is BS.

You are right in your skepticism, nobody is going to offer a fresh grad a managerial position to manage 200 odd guys. Do not fall for the word "manage". The correct word is "provide support". With this kind of liberal word use, any diploma grad join a manufacturing plant as HR Assistant will be "managing" a few thousand people.

As for skills, yes of course you will learn something, just not the right thing to move into the lucrative side of HR. This is a pure ops generalist role, such skills are only useful for pursuing the generalist admin path in places like service, retail & manufacturing environment which is long hours and slow pay progression.

To be fair, there is nothing wrong with HR ops admin. It's probably a stable job with small increments & decent promotions along the way if you stay long enough, just that progression will be like a normal engineering job, no way to really accelerate your career because you have no exposure to the corporate side of things.

Depends on your career aspiration I guess.
Old 13-04-2012, 01:03 PM
nova

I am a business partner for reward & performance tracking. Package is average just like most peers in my industry, just crossed 10k this year, but my career to HR is different compared to the rest.

I started off as an auditor in Deloitte for 3 years before moving off to internal audit with an ex-client. It so happened a large part of my scope of audit was in the company’s operations, risk and financial measures. During that time I worked closely with the Reward guys as much of my work on governance of employee payments overlap with theirs.

After a while there was a reorg and my role was made redundant as they consolidated the audit function under RHQ in HK, couldn’t relocate due to personal reasons. Luckily at that time HR wanted to establish a performance tracking team under Reward, so naturally I made an internal transfer and the rest is history.

Old 13-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You must have been reading too much Straits Times. Do you take such nonsense reports as the golden truth? If so, everyone will be installing golden taps by now.

Reminds me of an idiotic scholar colleague who bought shares based on reports he read. He lost his pants.
such reports shall not be taken as golden truth... but any answers on forum shall not be taken as golden truth either...
Old 13-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
I am a business partner for reward & performance tracking. Package is average just like most peers in my industry, just crossed 10k this year, but my career to HR is different compared to the rest.

I started off as an auditor in Deloitte for 3 years before moving off to internal audit with an ex-client. It so happened a large part of my scope of audit was in the company’s operations, risk and financial measures. During that time I worked closely with the Reward guys as much of my work on governance of employee payments overlap with theirs.

After a while there was a reorg and my role was made redundant as they consolidated the audit function under RHQ in HK, couldn’t relocate due to personal reasons. Luckily at that time HR wanted to establish a performance tracking team under Reward, so naturally I made an internal transfer and the rest is history.
I notice a lot of finance background move to reward/C&B. Are the jobs similar?

I have >5 yr payroll experience and apply for many reward openings before, but never get any interview.
Old 14-04-2012, 09:03 AM

haiz2006 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post

Can you recommend me HR related job... I would like to work under you or ur company...i want to become a business partner in future
Old 17-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Anybody know if a 1-year contract HR in MOE entitled to 13th month bonus and performance bonus?