Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23440)
What I meant from that link is, we can see there are 2 salary quote for each post. The one with the bracket are meant for ppls whom served NS before.

Did NS fry your brains? The income figures in brackets clearly refer to 75th-percentile salaries.

"By Average Gross Monthly Salaries (in brackets are the 75th-percentile salaries)"

Unregistered 07-04-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23439)
You can aurge until the cow come home. But like one above like to talk about reality, let us face it. Even if you are correct, so what? See link on below salary. So you assume those are civil service job?

Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Ppls like you and with you whom made such comment must be one of those that doesn't serve NS before......LoL

I am not arguing with you because you clearly had your brains fried by NS, and is some lowly civil servant who have not worked in the real world. I am correcting you for the benefit of others who might be reading this thread.

Unregistered 07-04-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23439)
You can aurge until the cow come home. But like one above like to talk about reality, let us face it. Even if you are correct, so what? See link on below salary. So you assume those are civil service job?

Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Ppls like you and with you whom made such comment must be one of those that doesn't serve NS before......LoL

So people who have served NS, they cannot comment on how stupid the logic regarding NS pay is? Must follow like a drone? No wonder FTs are replacing NSlaves.

troubled 07-04-2012 10:56 PM

I have worked in marcoms for 2 years and want to try out other fields, so was applying for jobs in other areas.

Now I have 2 offers which I need to get back soon.

a) Service Analyst in a European logistic company offer 2.9k, very close to my house 10min bus ride

b) HR Industrial Relations Associate in a US high tech firm offer 3.5k, located at Tuas need about 1 hour travel from my house

I am now on 2.9k, so in terms of pay the HR job is much higher, but I'm concerned with the traveling and also early working hours (730am-430pm).

Also I really don't know anything about HR as I studied marketing in uni. At first just went down to interview to try luck & see what is it about only, surprisingly they seem to like my experience in marcoms a lot and offered me.

Any advise on which offer to take up?

Unregistered 08-04-2012 02:14 AM

I need help too

What is the "Service analyst" role about? If it's very different from HR, then u need to think which one u would probably prefer more in the long term.

What do u hope to do in the long run?

I suspect in this case your interest, values and job fit are more impt than the pay, because u are not very experienced yet in terms of yrs of working exp (judging by your salary). This is the period whereby u still can test and see what industry/job u genuinely like and want to stay in the long run. No point going for the few hundred dollars more if it's not what u want to do eventually.

Unregistered 08-04-2012 02:54 AM

Feel really stuck in job search. About to graduate in May with good honours degree from social sciences with a diploma in business admin and want a job in specialized HR field like Compensation & benefits, Business partnering, training and Development etc etc. But going through jobstreet and other job portals, it seems like even the most junior positions of these fields require at least 5 years of experience. What should i do? What should i look out to land myself a place? where should i look?

troubled 08-04-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23460)
What is the "Service analyst" role about? If it's very different from HR, then u need to think which one u would probably prefer more in the long term.

What do u hope to do in the long run?

I suspect in this case your interest, values and job fit are more impt than the pay, because u are not very experienced yet in terms of yrs of working exp (judging by your salary). This is the period whereby u still can test and see what industry/job u genuinely like and want to stay in the long run. No point going for the few hundred dollars more if it's not what u want to do eventually.

Service Analyst job seems to be mainly getting feedback on the service delivery process like designing survey, conduct focus interview, feedback sessions on how to improve the process and then doing some basic analysis and present findings on areas for improvement.

To be honest, I don't have interest in both jobs because I don't even know what to expect. From what I hear seems pay prospects in HR is much better, but need to avoid administrative jobs. The pay jump is high as I will need 4-5 yrs to reach 3.5k if I stay in my co.

Unregistered 08-04-2012 03:24 PM

I need help too

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubled (Post 23464)
Service Analyst job seems to be mainly getting feedback on the service delivery process like designing survey, conduct focus interview, feedback sessions on how to improve the process and then doing some basic analysis and present findings on areas for improvement.

To be honest, I don't have interest in both jobs because I don't even know what to expect. From what I hear seems pay prospects in HR is much better, but need to avoid administrative jobs. The pay jump is high as I will need 4-5 yrs to reach 3.5k if I stay in my co.

The Service Analyst role seems to be more of a research based job..more analytical and slightly quantitative? Quite different from your marcom and HR scope..gotta question your own aptitude and strengths.

I think in general, don't jump into a new job with no pay increment. Unless it's like your dream job. In this case, u're not sure if u'd like it even. So no point jumping for no increment. If u take the HR role and u don't like it, at least when u hop 1 year later, it will likely be an increment from the 3.5k. So u won't feel so bad.

Speaking from exp as i took a slight pay cut before for a "prestigious" role. But when the daily tasks and stress come to u, u would question if your pay is worth it.

Hope this helps.

troubled 09-04-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23479)
The Service Analyst role seems to be more of a research based job..more analytical and slightly quantitative? Quite different from your marcom and HR scope..gotta question your own aptitude and strengths.

I think in general, don't jump into a new job with no pay increment. Unless it's like your dream job. In this case, u're not sure if u'd like it even. So no point jumping for no increment. If u take the HR role and u don't like it, at least when u hop 1 year later, it will likely be an increment from the 3.5k. So u won't feel so bad.

Speaking from exp as i took a slight pay cut before for a "prestigious" role. But when the daily tasks and stress come to u, u would question if your pay is worth it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, I am incline to take up & tryout the HR role also.

Any HR pros can advise me what is the career and pay progression like for industrial relations? Is it better $ wise than the HR administration roles?

Unregistered 09-04-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23461)
Feel really stuck in job search. About to graduate in May with good honours degree from social sciences with a diploma in business admin and want a job in specialized HR field like Compensation & benefits, Business partnering, training and Development etc etc. But going through jobstreet and other job portals, it seems like even the most junior positions of these fields require at least 5 years of experience. What should i do? What should i look out to land myself a place? where should i look?

You need to be specific, Compensation & benefits, Business partnering, training and Development are completely different jobs.

It’s like saying you want to be an engineer doesn’t matter if civil, electronics, bioscience or marine….

Different jobs have different career strategies.